Pop up crystal sale and Boba Fett pack [MERGE]

Prev13456730
Dirk_Brightblade
207 posts Member
edited January 2018
DEV POST (Edited by @CG_Kozispoon )
Morning morning!

Let's get into this:

I’d like to reiterate our clarification that @CG_RyDiggs posted in the 12/21 Content Update message:

“This bundle contains an additional 25% crystals (3,500 vs 2,800) compared to the normal store bundle. (edited; our apologies for the typo, CG_RyDiggs)”

• Initially, the line above described a bundle that was never advertised or offered in game.
  • We updated this forum post to reflect the offers that were correctly being made in game.
  • No updates needed to be made to the game as this offer was never implemented or existed.
  • Players’ in game experience was the correct and intended offer.

We appreciate the great deal of feedback from players who expressed interest at an offer in game at different price points, but there are no current plans to implement additional offers. Our communications on this forum have made great strides and improvements of frequency and clarity, but we acknowledge there are still improvements to be made and apologize for the frustration over the delay.

As there are no new points to add or clarify on this topic, I will be adding this update to the front page of thread and removing the up-post on this thread. However, out of respect for interested players I’ll be leaving it open for posts by players to continue voicing feedback.

Again we thank you for your continued patience and understanding. We strive to deliver the best mobile Star Wars experience and will continue to improve with your feedback.

DEV POST (Edited by @CG_Kozispoon )
CG_Carrie wrote: »
Hello all,

Thanks for reporting these issues. We have been working through the complaints of people who did not receive the crystal or Boba Fett offers and those should have appeared by now, but we will be reviewing all the tickets that have been submitted to our support team.

We have also identified a bug which can occur if a player’s account is in a certain state, which will allow them to duplicate purchase a pack that is supposed to have a maximum purchase of 1. Please do not attempt to purchase multiple times. If you have already done this, please contact EA support at help.ea.com and they will help resolve your issue.

For those of you that contacted support prior to today, please reach out again. They have been made aware of this issue and will accommodate.

We have a team working through the holiday but we appreciate your patience as we gather the info needed to resolve the issue and it may take a little longer than normal.

-Carrie

I've just read that the pop up crystal sale is only for players who haven't bought it before.

So if you've spent money on this game before buying the 25% crystal packs it appears cg don't want to give you any more of those... making you buy the full price packs.... Or making you buy nothing at all.

What a silly bunch they can be at cg. It should be a no brainer that those who have spent before may be your best chance of spending again. Why penalise and anger them by not giving them the 25% deal in the shop as previous offers have been?
Post edited by Kozispoon on

Replies

• They were supposed to start today. A few of my guild mates have gotten them but most haven't. What can we do to get these ads to appear?
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    They just randomly show up. I have restarted the game, relogged in to Google Play, and still haven't gotten them.
  • I don't understand why it's only through pop ups. Do they really want to see the flood of threads that are gonna happen with accusations of giving it to some but not others and other such conspiracies? Just put it in the shop and be done with it
  • ott0bot
    101 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I’ve gotten the Boba “Holliday Special” and crystal discount. It seemed to happen when i accessed certain menus. Go to each section of the game see if they pop up. I’m on iOS, by the by.
  • Got the bobba one but not crystal one.... i want to buy a vault... but no pop up....
  • I never got any pop ups either
  • I got the crystal ad once but it was just for the $20 option, is it only for that tier or is it for all?
  • This is just frustrating... devs pls let us buy the option we want from the store...
  • I’ve only heard of the 19.99 option for crystals. That’s what everyone is saying. Having said that I haven’t gotten ANY pop ups and I wanted to buy the boba bundle too
  • I think the update notes said the Boba bundle will pop up daily until you buy it, so I wouldn't sweat that one as much. Not sure how many days though
  • I don't get this. Are they trying to sell crystals or not? The only time I buy a significant amount is when there's a special. I'm not going to cave and buy them at regular price so just put the specials in the store. This is ridiculous.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Why they don't just put it in the store is beyond me.

The pop-up tactic is skeevy.

Already have a bad taste from the vet farming, and now this. LAME.

Merry Christmas.
  • Ikky2win wrote: »
    I’ve only heard of the 19.99 option for crystals. That’s what everyone is saying. Having said that I haven’t gotten ANY pop ups and I wanted to buy the boba bundle too

It's the $100 bundle according to the update notes.

This bundle contains an additional 25% crystals (19,638 vs 15,710) compared to the normal store bundle.
  • So frustrating....
  • Ikky2win wrote: »
    I’ve only heard of the 19.99 option for crystals. That’s what everyone is saying. Having said that I haven’t gotten ANY pop ups and I wanted to buy the boba bundle too

It's the $100 bundle according to the update notes.

This bundle contains an additional 25% crystals (19,638 vs 15,710) compared to the normal store bundle.

I know. Just saying the only pop up for crystals that people have been getting is a $19.99 one with 25% extra. Doesn’t even matter since I haven’t even got that pop up or the boba one. It’s ridiculous.
  • Just don’t buy I know i ain’t buying any I specifically bought iTunes to get the 100 dollar deal and if it don’t show up then screw EA I will keep my money in my account, either EA will wake up and put the deal on or they will loose out
  • Lrrr
    172 posts Member
    I guess they don't want my money. I'm not paying effectively 25% more because they don't want to offer me the discount.
  • I got the pop-up for the 19.99 deal
  • why do some people get a special offer and I don't? I'm over 150 vaults purchased now and they can't do nothing? Not even the $20 sale?
  • Edward
    651 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Received
    Post edited by Edward on
  • neogeohunter
    112 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    It‘s the 25th dec, so where are the G12 packs? ...still can‘t find them in the store ;)@CG_Kozispoon
  • I feel like I'm in a standoff with them and they're daring me to pay 25% more than other people to buy that last refresh on the mythic event. The apology, if it ever comes, will be too late, because the event ends in a couple hours.
  • Matt_B wrote: »
    I feel like I'm in a standoff with them and they're daring me to pay 25% more than other people to buy that last refresh on the mythic event. The apology, if it ever comes, will be too late, because the event ends in a couple hours.

Gotta say, you have a way with words lol.
    I feel like I'm in a standoff with them and they're daring me to pay 25% more than other people to buy that last refresh on the mythic event. The apology, if it ever comes, will be too late, because the event ends in a couple hours.

Sorry, I'm just getting frustrated constantly checking my phone to see when I'll be chosen for the pop up offer. Wasn't really going for anything eloquent.
  • Yep, no pop up, been checking all day what the ???
    Matt_B wrote: »

Sorry, I'm just getting frustrated constantly checking my phone to see when I'll be chosen for the pop up offer. Wasn't really going for anything eloquent.

No need to apologize, I agree , far as I figure, no pop up ads are coming, and that does NOT bode well for the packs that are supposed to show up in a couple hours, . . . Is the 12/25 gear packs, that's what we really want to see, .. Boba and crystals, nice but if it's a precursor to how the gear packs roll out . .. Then the fur will really fly .
  • UncleOnceler
    196 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Seriously though, who came up with this idea? Why not make this like every other special ever offered? I can get endless adds for bundles I dont carecabout, but when I want to buy your 100 dollar deal, it never appears? I just don't get it.

Can we get someone from EA to respond, it's pretty urgent considering you are running these deals for 1 day.
  • It is botched just like everything else they do for the first time. Players really are beta testers here.
  • It‘s the 25th dec, so where are the G12 packs? ...still can‘t find them in the store ;)@CG_Kozispoon

G12 packs?
  • Checked in all day today not a single pop up for me pretty disappointing...