G12 pack pricing

Prev1
Anyone else think that the price is a bit steep? Maybe I’m cheap, but i’d like to hear other people’s opinions, before I jump on the EA is price gouging wagon.

Replies

• Standard EA = unbelievably greedy
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    How many weeks would it take you to earn that through in game mechanics?
  • Forever so it saved my farming! I agree it’s expensive but it would take many Territory Wars and Battles to get them all the regular way
  • Those four pieces of gear cost more than any AAA game. If you saw this game for sale on the app store, on Steam, or in some brick and mortar store, how much would you pay for it? Answer that question, then compare it to the price of the packs. An entire game vs four pieces of gear. I think the answer is obvious, but they've done an outstanding job of conditioning us to view things like that as normal and acceptable, inside the SWGOH bubble.
  • @snowhut
    So true, amazing job by CG there such that players can even consider that a fair price....for what it's worth, each G12 piece is 5600 TB coins
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    snowhut wrote: »
    Those four pieces of gear cost more than any AAA game. If you saw this game for sale on the app store, on Steam, or in some brick and mortar store, how much would you pay for it? Answer that question, then compare it to the price of the packs. An entire game vs four pieces of gear. I think the answer is obvious, but they've done an outstanding job of conditioning us to view things like that as normal and acceptable, inside the SWGOH bubble.

But to play that AAA game how much did you spend on a system? There is more cost to a game than the game.
  • prob less than i spent on a phone... not a compelling argument imo as AAA games can also be bought for PCs etc.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Those four pieces of gear cost more than any AAA game. If you saw this game for sale on the app store, on Steam, or in some brick and mortar store, how much would you pay for it? Answer that question, then compare it to the price of the packs. An entire game vs four pieces of gear. I think the answer is obvious, but they've done an outstanding job of conditioning us to view things like that as normal and acceptable, inside the SWGOH bubble.

But to play that AAA game how much did you spend on a system? There is more cost to a game than the game.

A lot less then the phone I play this game on.
  • Yeah I agree the pricing is a little whacked. Maybe it's the price for treason, like the hint they gave last update.

Not that long. Depends on how many guild event credits your guild earns
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

A lot less then the phone I play this game on.

But you would have a phone even if you never played a game on it.
  • @Kyno sorry mate, there is no defending the prices are absurd. I'd like to spend on the game, even if just to help out prolong it but everything is sooooooooooooooooo expensive that I can't even think on it.

Mobile games are all about that, these "micro"transactions that are all MACROtransactions. Doesn't matter how many years it would take to farm that gear, the price is absurd specially on countries that have a poor dollar conversion rate.

Sure, you have to spend on a platform to play those AAA games but you can play as many of them as you'd like and even so, no mobile phone today is cheap so you end up spending almost just as much. Besides, you can only play one mobile game at a time else you would have to sell your second kidney cuz the first one has been sold for a while...
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Moving to feedback as current pricing is not subject to change during. This promo but feedback about it is always welcomed

Lets keep it civil as always :)
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber

To be fair I actually think the pricing is more than fair. It cost 1400 for 50 carbs or cuff, 2000 for a full yellow eyeball set. Your basically getting 4 pieces for the 2000 crystals each, less if you calculate credit cost, training droid cost, etc. The pricing is fine, but the question you should ask is if buying the pieces will make a difference for your arena teams and the new content. It's worth it if your able to produce more from the cost but avoid it if not. My arena team is already maxed geared for example and I get 1st everyday, so buying the packs would be worthless as I already have a positive return.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Karek77 wrote: »
    @Kyno sorry mate, there is no defending the prices are absurd. I'd like to spend on the game, even if just to help out prolong it but everything is sooooooooooooooooo expensive that I can't even think on it.

Mobile games are all about that, these "micro"transactions that are all MACROtransactions. Doesn't matter how many years it would take to farm that gear, the price is absurd specially on countries that have a poor dollar conversion rate.

Sure, you have to spend on a platform to play those AAA games but you can play as many of them as you'd like and even so, no mobile phone today is cheap so you end up spending almost just as much. Besides, you can only play one mobile game at a time else you would have to sell your second kidney cuz the first one has been sold for a while...

I was not clear with my intent. I have no opinion as far as pricing. Everyone has their own ideas of what things should cost and that will not change.

My only point is that you cannot compare pricing in a game to prices for a game on a different system is difficult to do and is really a personal choice.

In game value for these packs for me at least, are based on the time frame/ease it would take for me to get it, plus it's advantage gains. Vs the price, in this case I don't find the price to be that bad and worth considering.

If we want to talk about how people spend their money for their entertainment on every level I wouldn't even know where to start.
  • I mean it’s, the first time they’ve offered g12 gear for sale, it’s clearly aimed for whales, doesn’t make that much of a difference, I’m fine with it being expensive for now and gladly letting it pass me by, as long as they keep doing things like the mythics with g12 gear for us FTP guys.
  • Merry Christmas fellow warriors!

I was wondering what your thoughts were about the pricing on the 20 dollar MK12 gear pack. As it stands, I do not have a single gear 12 toon (3 at g11) and wondering if this price was reasonable.

Those of you who have done the gear grind, what are your thoughts?
  • Pass
  • People have spent about that on gear pieces before. The G12 pieces get in the way of Hoda and Wampa, so it can appeal to some.
  • Pass maybe if it was 9.99
  • Too expensive for 1 piece on 1 guy when there are over a hundred guys who need pieces. It's cg changing their arm I think. But hey, some might buy it.
  • People have spent about that on gear pieces before. The G12 pieces get in the way of Hoda and Wampa, so it can appeal to some.

Exactly. If I had Wampa 7 stars no chance I would buy these Packs.

Smart of them to get the $ now.

• It looks expensive at first glance, but it’s on par with their other prices in this game.
    Let me do a quick rough breakdown..
    $100 for 15,000 crystals.
    6 full stun guns for about 15,000 crystals.
    100/6=16.66
    About $16 or $17 for a full stun gun if you purchase out of shipments with crystals.

So $20 for a g12 piece and 250 crystals.
    Not a terrible deal considering the current prices on most purple gear.
  • I didn't think we were allowed to recommend people buy/not buy things, but...

A- Not as valuable compared to other packs
    B- 3 weeks has been the average farm for me for 1 piece of gear12

So I guess it depends on :
    a) if you are deciding to buy this pack over another pack
    b) if 3 weeks "work" in game is worth $20 to avoid
    Can we rotate out the Moderators?
  • Um, I’m sorry, but this price is simply insane. I get they need to make money to keep the game development going, but really, this Price? (Its $105 cad) For that? In no way is it a good deal. I think if they had more true micro transactions in the game, they would make more money. Have a way to pay a few dollars here and there for double drops on a node or section of the game. Or boosters to permemantly increase the rate of energy generation. And packs that make sense for new toons. If I’m spending $20+ I should be getting at minimum a 7* toon at lvl 85. And maybe gear 7/8. Mods and beyond g8 to be farmed by you. I dunno. There should be better options for those with smaller budgets. I’m sure they’d make more money too. I’d certainly spend more than I have if there were reasonable packs that held true value.
    G50
    Ashes of Korriban Acolytes
  • Pass. Without hesitation.
    $20 for one slot? No.
  • If I had a gift card, sure. But not out of my own pocket.

That said, I'm cheap, so take it as you will.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    bisto_760 wrote: »
    Too expensive for 1 piece on 1 guy when there are over a hundred guys who need pieces. It's cg changing their arm I think. But hey, some might buy it.

Anybody who has over a hundred g12 characters capable of equipping this gear probably won't even blink at the pricing.
  • It’s smarter for them to disguise the true prices in the form of crystals. It’s the slot machine concept, people will gamble with chips but not with dollar bills.
  • And they should also offer the discounted vaults more often