Why is the Chosen One so weak in SWGoH?

Prev1
Everyone knows that the Chosen One was Anakin Skywalker. The Star Wars franchise is the story of the Skywalkers and how Anakin's choices affect the universe. Why then is Anakin and Vader so weak in SWGoH?

Replies

• DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    How is “chosen one” synonymous with strength?
  • Options
    Never thought about that, interesting topic. First time it's been brought up I think
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Some would say Luke is really the chosen one, to have brought his father back to the Light Side of the Force and bring balance. Others would fight to the death behind the theory that Mace Windu was the Chosen One, a true master of both sides of the Force, only to be undermined by Anakin and thrown the galaxy into chaos, ruining the prophecy. Some though, swear by this up and down: Darth Jar Jar.

EDIT: Real reply, because they came so early in the game and are currently outdated. I would not be surprised to see a rework in the near future.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Options
    No it was always Anakin. Luke is just a catalyst for Anakin to finish the prophecy and bring balance to the force.
    I agree Anakin should be much stronger and ‘chosen one’ is an indicator of strength. All of the prequels are just people talking about how strong Anakin is because of the prophecy.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    The power creep left those characters behind. Jedi haven't had a rework since before I began play I g 2 summers ago, and Vader was decent for a little bit after a rework, but only for a very short period.
  • Options
    Fauztin wrote: »

EDIT: Real reply, because they came so early in the game and are currently outdated. I would not be surprised to see a rework in the near future.
    But but but, you cannot use real logic in this debate. It's passion, life and death, struggles between good vs evil, balance vs chaos. Logic got no space here
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Why do people care so much about the prophecy? It’s nothing more than a vague, retroactive plot device meant to cash in on Vader’s popularity, turning him into some arbitrary “space jesus” cliche instead of an actual character.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Mzee wrote: »
    The power creep left those characters behind. Jedi haven't had a rework since before I began play I g 2 summers ago, and Vader was decent for a little bit after a rework, but only for a very short period.

Wasn't that a bug when Vader was good?

Anyway Vader isn't the best character in the world in arena but he is a great character for raids.

A small upgrade would be good. But it isn't essential. A rework for other empirenor Sith characters would do more to bring Vader out.
  • Options
    Zolaz wrote: »
    Everyone knows that the Chosen One was Anakin Skywalker. The Star Wars franchise is the story of the Skywalkers and how Anakin's choices affect the universe. Why then is Anakin and Vader so weak in SWGoH?

What you should really be asking is..."Why is Yoda, the most powerful Jedi in canon, so weak in SWOH?"

lol

• Options
    Give Vader a unique where he gains 15% TM the first time each turn a character gains a DOT. 1% each skill level and then an additional 8% as a zeta for level 8. That might make him meta.
  • Options
    DatBoi wrote: »
    Why do people care so much about the prophecy? It’s nothing more than a vague, retroactive plot device meant to cash in on Vader’s popularity, turning him into some arbitrary “space jesus” cliche instead of an actual character.

At least they had a plot; unlike the sequel trilogy.
  • Options
    Agree, they are weak in swgoh, rework would be great. I would also welcomed Dark Side Anakin.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Ig88isboss wrote: »

At least they had a plot; unlike the sequel trilogy.

Impressive. Every word in that sentence was wrong.

Also, I never said anything about the prequels. I'm only talking about the prophecy. If you disagree with me on something, address the topic at hand.
  • Options
    To ask why an in game character is weak based on being the "chosen one" is an invalid question. Nothing in this game is canon...
  • Options
    It’s obviously because he isn’t a zombie, every Star Wars fan knows zombies are the strongest in the universe.
    If I see one more **** attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself!
  • Options
    Even after the reworked him a year ago and added him to a Catina node...he still felt like he needed something more. With the addition of Baze and Chirrut and CLS...JKA frankly needs to be reworked again. I always felt he needed another ability. With only 2 abilites and no zeta...he is extremely squishy. His damage at one time was good to decent...but like I said with the additon of new and better toons...JKA needs another rework as does most of the toons in this game.

I'm all for the devs adding new toons...but rework some old ones as well and make them more viable so there is more to chose from on this game.

TB was supposed to allow us to use our full roster...I didn't know using our full roster was gonna be for deploying in each phase only. It would be nice to actually "play" older toons and not only play...but actually have a chance to fight well against other newer meta teams.
  • Options
    No rebel tag, question answered
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Naraic wrote: »
    Mzee wrote: »

Wasn't that a bug when Vader was good?

Anyway Vader isn't the best character in the world in arena but he is a great character for raids.

A small upgrade would be good. But it isn't essential. A rework for other empirenor Sith characters would do more to bring Vader out.

I meant even without a bug that only really helped for the Rancor raid.

Vader used to be viable as a leader in arena when shoretrooper was first released, though that was very short as Maul took over and then Rex, Chaze, and then Jedi with R2. He used to be one of the main characters to solo the Rancor raid with his lead ability, but as the game went on the raid became more and more trivial. He was ok for the HAAT raid, but was always weak compared to clones, and Resistance, and then gradually he kittened more and more for that raid as more and more characters and reworks were released.
    Post edited by Fauztin on
  • Options
    Because he was added a long time ago.
  • Options
    He's an old character, so maybe he'll get a rework soon. And he's not so weak anyway: Jedis as a team/faction are weak in the arena, but they are overall objectively strong and a good team for haat p1. A little rework would be enough to make them a good side dish for Zarriss and GK.
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    Why was the Chosen One so weak in the movies?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Fauztin wrote: »
    Some would say Luke is really the chosen one, to have brought his father back to the Light Side of the Force and bring balance. Others would fight to the death behind the theory that Mace Windu was the Chosen One, a true master of both sides of the Force, only to be undermined by Anakin and thrown the galaxy into chaos, ruining the prophecy. Some though, swear by this up and down: Darth Jar Jar.

Well, some would say ... that someone being George Lucas, that Anakin is the Chosen One. So, if you have a problem with who the Chosen One is you can take it up with the creator of Star Wars. The real question is why SWGoH deviates so far from Star Wars cannon.
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    I said this somewhere else, but why are you looking for slavish devotion to canon when you can have a Sith, a Jedi, a Rebel, a First Order, and a Resistance all on the same squad?
  • Zolaz
    392 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    I said this somewhere else, but why are you looking for slavish devotion to canon when you can have a Sith, a Jedi, a Rebel, a First Order, and a Resistance all on the same squad?

EA is the one that said they love the canon. They cant make a pink Vader because it would ruin their adherence to canon. Not sure what difficulties they are having with programming faction teams.

I am sure you can understand why you dont have CUP the most powerful character in the game. The same reason why you shouldnt have a farm boy who had a few months of training be the most powerful character. It only stands to reason.
    Post edited by Zolaz on
  • Options

Are you dumb?
  • Options
    Because CG hates everything without a "REBEL" tag, an irrelevant filler Rebel like Biggs MUST BE Stronger than The Chosen One Sith Lord
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    Zolaz wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

EA is the one that said they love the cannon. They cant make a pink Vader because it would ruin their adherence to cannon. Not sure what difficulties they are having with programming faction teams.

I am sure you can understand why you dont have CUP the most powerful character in the game. The same reason why you shouldnt have a farm boy who had a few months of training be the most powerful character. It only stands to reason.

Other than the fact that you keep misspelling "canon" I have no idea what any of this is supposed to mean.
  • snarzenal
    316 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I believe it is Ben who is the true “chosen one” and it is him which will bring balance. He’s a Skywalker, trained in the light and the dark, and he wants to finish what Vader started. Since Vader’s ultimate plan was to destroy Palpatine and rule a peaceful galaxy, we can then surmise, Vader was attempting to use the dark side to achieve an ultimately righteous end. I believe Ben will succeed where Vader failed, by cloaking the lightside in darkness and sacrificing himself to destroy Snoke.

If you think JKA is too weak, remember, according to “canon” he was barely a jedi knight. He had power to burn but no discipline, no control over himself, only control over the force and Palpatine made sure of this. If he wouldve been more patient he would’ve been on the council and Palpatine wouldn’t have been able to corrupt him. I think the game accurately reflects this, JKA is probably in around the top 5 of best jedi in the game but, he’s not the best.

If you think Vader is weak, well, he was a crippled old man in constant pain because of the suit he needed to wear to simply stay alive. He was forced to use the force to see, breathe, and even move. Hardly a powerhouse in his prime and again, imo, the game accurately reflects this.
  • Options
    ElleMadara wrote: »

Are you dumb?

I could be, but its hard to say when you insult rather than offer any sort of argument for me to respond to.
  • Options
    snarzenal wrote: »
    I believe it is Ben who is the true “chosen one”

You can believe whatever you want. George Lucas already said that Anakin is the Chosen One.