Ally point replacement on daily login

What would you want to see replace ally points on the daily login, if anything?

Replies

• Holo projectors, carbonti, or the good stun guns. Or mods with speed secondarys.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    More ally points. I like getting them, but like most things in the daily login, it's a really small amount for the current state of the game.
  • It is kinda weird that the only gear on the login rewards is the first day. Should be a higher level gear every 7 days. And make them raid gear, not the challenge gear....
  • It is kinda weird that the only gear on the login rewards is the first day. Should be a higher level gear every 7 days. And make them raid gear, not the challenge gear....

Im okay if its carbanti mk3 salvage/gear.

~D
  • Liath wrote: »
    More ally points. I like getting them, but like most things in the daily login, it's a really small amount for the current state of the game.

Ah, man, I thought I was the only one who was going to say this... Yeah, add 5x the Ally Currency per day. It sounds like a lot, but that still averages out to less than one bonus pack a day.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Ah, man, I thought I was the only one who was gonna say this... Yeah, add 5x the Ally Currency per day. It sounds like a lot, but that still averages out to less than one bonus pack a day.
  • carbanti please or stuncuff stungun mods or omega.... or zeta?
  • Moved to Feedback/General.
  • Ambassador wrote: »
    Moved to Feedback/General.

Feedback/general? Wouldn't that just be general? Makes no sense. Just be honest and say you are burying it.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    jejuzang wrote: »
    Ambassador wrote: »

Feedback/general? Wouldn't that just be general? Makes no sense. Just be honest and say you are burying it.

It's a suggestion, so it's (positive) feedback. I guess they could have moved it to Datacards feedback, but this works better since it's also about what to do with ally tokens.

Far from being buried, moving something to the feedback forum means that developers are more likely to see it and more likely to adopt/adapt it.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Ambassador wrote: »

It's a suggestion, so it's (positive) feedback. I guess they could have moved it to Datacards feedback, but this works better since it's also about what to do with ally tokens.

Far from being buried, moving something to the feedback forum means that developers are more likely to see it and more likely to adopt/adapt it.

My question was, what's the purpose of feedback/general? Wouldn't it be threads discussing the General thread? In that case those threads would be moved to Feedback/Forums.

Bottom line is, its all subjective, which isn't right.
  • Question is what would you like replacing credits from daily rewards with? Because 250 credits are quite useless.
  • jejuzang wrote: »
    My question was, what's the purpose of feedback/general? Wouldn't it be threads discussing the General thread? In that case those threads would be moved to Feedback/Forums.

Feedback/Forum is a subforum where you make suggestions, constructive criticism, and offer user data about the forum website itself. So if you want to talk about the Like button being a good start but you want the Dislike button added back, or you want an easier way of deleting Drafts, that's where you'd post it.

Feedback/General is for game-related feedback that doesn't belong elsewhere. If you want to talk about characters in the game who need reworks, you go to characters. If you want to talk about how the bronzium packs haven't been updated since 1975, you go to datacards. If you think Galactic War is too easy, go to Galactic War. Et cetera. But there are times when things fall through the cracks--like, where else would you put something about ally points? Or login rewards? Or whatever else that someone might eventually think of that doesn't fit neatly someplace else?

Or, hell, this is the feedback forum--if you just want to post your feedback about the game in general, this is where you'd put it. (ie: If you wanted to write up your own state of the game, from your personal opinion)

General Discussion, where this thread started, is for spitballing and conjecturing and basically ****'ing the game. That's why threads about what the name of a team of 5 Hans would be called, or folks trying to figure out what "The price of treason" means, or talking about what next month's login character will be last for so long. They're not talking about strategy, they're not talking about specific events, they're not saying "Dear CG, I like Empire characters, please make an Empire character the next login character." At the same time, they're about the game, so they're not Off-Topic.

I don't know if you work in an office or not, but if you do you'll understand what I mean when I say that General Discussion is supposed to be like the water cooler. You don't hash out real business at the water cooler, you find some meeting room--the feedback forum.
    Question is what would you like replacing credits from daily rewards with? Because 250 credits are quite useless.
    250 is useless, but there are a bunch of daily rewards claimed, well, daily. All of those together adds up to a not-insignificant amount of credits gained per day.

Feedback/Forum is a subforum where you make suggestions, constructive criticism, and offer user data about the forum website itself. So if you want to talk about the Like button being a good start but you want the Dislike button added back, or you want an easier way of deleting Drafts, that's where you'd post it.

Feedback/General is for game-related feedback that doesn't belong elsewhere. If you want to talk about characters in the game who need reworks, you go to characters. If you want to talk about how the bronzium packs haven't been updated since 1975, you go to datacards. If you think Galactic War is too easy, go to Galactic War. Et cetera. But there are times when things fall through the cracks--like, where else would you put something about ally points? Or login rewards? Or whatever else that someone might eventually think of that doesn't fit neatly someplace else?

Or, hell, this is the feedback forum--if you just want to post your feedback about the game in general, this is where you'd put it. (ie: If you wanted to write up your own state of the game, from your personal opinion)

General Discussion, where this thread started, is for spitballing and conjecturing and basically ****'ing the game. That's why threads about what the name of a team of 5 Hans would be called, or folks trying to figure out what "The price of treason" means, or talking about what next month's login character will be last for so long. They're not talking about strategy, they're not talking about specific events, they're not saying "Dear CG, I like Empire characters, please make an Empire character the next login character." At the same time, they're about the game, so they're not Off-Topic.

I don't know if you work in an office or not, but if you do you'll understand what I mean when I say that General Discussion is supposed to be like the water cooler. You don't hash out real business at the water cooler, you find some meeting room--the feedback forum.
    Question is what would you like replacing credits from daily rewards with? Because 250 credits are quite useless.
    250 is useless, but there are a bunch of daily rewards claimed, well, daily. All of those together adds up to a not-insignificant amount of credits gained per day.

The thing about it is that the majority of people dont want to go hunting for threads. You got to understand that after this thread was "moved to correct subforum" it died, just like 95% of moved threads.

Yeah it sounds nice and all but the reason you get soooo many duplicate posts are because the original posts keep getting buried.

It feels and looks like threads that get moved die and another person starts the same thread all over again.

This thread for example, has really just been me and you. No other opinions on the subject have been really given. Not nearly as many as there would have been if it stayed where it was.
    NicWester wrote: »

Yeah it sounds nice and all but the reason you get soooo many duplicate posts are because the original posts keep getting buried.

It feels and looks like threads that get moved die and another person starts the same thread all over again.

And before they moved threads to the correct subforum, people made duplicate threads because there would be 50 threads an hour put in General Discussion and the original thread would be buried under those.

People are slowly learning to check other areas and create new threads there instead of putting them in General Discussion, it's getting much better.

This thread for example, has really just been me and you. No other opinions on the subject have been really given. Not nearly as many as there would have been if it stayed where it was.

That's actually a good thing. Threads aren't about quantity of responses, they're about quality of responses. Similarly, a bunch of views means nothing if none of them are from developers, who probably aren't going to read a 100 post thread because the longer something is in General Discussion the worse the signal to noise ratio gets. It starts with people making good suggestions about how to better-use ally points, and ends with we need more of very specific gear and give us mods with speed secondaries. The conversation devolves from its originl premise to sensationalism and totally unrealistic ideas very quickly. Better to move it to feedback where people who are more reasonable will respond.

That's actually a good thing. Threads aren't about quantity of responses, they're about quality of responses. Similarly, a bunch of views means nothing if none of them are from developers, who probably aren't going to read a 100 post thread because the longer something is in General Discussion the worse the signal to noise ratio gets. It starts with people making good suggestions about how to better-use ally points, and ends with we need more of very specific gear and give us mods with speed secondaries. The conversation devolves from its originl premise to sensationalism and totally unrealistic ideas very quickly. Better to move it to feedback where people who are more reasonable will respond.

What you said was Opinion, not fact. More views/comments the more important it is to the community.