Need a little newbie help here

Replies

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    amaze122 wrote: »
    I'm fighting one of the longest battles ever, making Brilliant maneuvers against a much better foe, when I destroy all but one of his men, with Four of mine left standing. I reach eagerly to deliver the Killing Blow.... And the **** game calls a Draw! WTH!?

I would have changed rank from #81 to #70! I swear when it comes to Squad Battles, this game is out to get me...

Make sure you are watching the timer. If you are winning handily but running out of time, you can put it on auto (make sure you have it set to 4x speed) and it will hopefully finish faster than you can manually select moves.

ETA: Also make sure you have it set to 4x speed in general, if you are having trouble with the time limit.
  • @Liath I will keep that in mind, but even I cannot anticipate what strategy I am going to use in a fight, the process is just not automatable, and I have tested this, so I know.

And as for the concept of just speeding up the fighting in general (4x speed, etc.), I am already playing at the maximum speed that I can, (which I do in order to make the fighting more realistic).

There is literally a half a second between each attack; if I made my moves any faster, I would make the wrong ones, and I have tested this theory also, several times....

By the way, I just noticed that my post has been moved from "Arena and Character Strategy" to " The Academy". Reading the post that defines this section, "The Academy Rules & Guidelines", I see that it is "a place for new folks who are only just beginning their training", and so I guess that is appropriate...
  • crzydroid
    7233 posts Moderator
    edited January 2018
    @Naraic when I was low level I frequently ran out of training droids. It's not until later where you have an overabundance.

@amaze122 still, I wonder if spending that 100 gems on two energy refreshes would not be better than buying a training droid pack. That's 240 energy plus 40 sim tickets and can get you droids, gear, credits, and experience. Otherwise, follow the advice of doing all challenges, plus make sure your scoundrels are strong enough to do training droid smuggling events (and credit heists!).
    Post edited by crzydroid on
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    @Liath I will keep that in mind, but even I cannot anticipate what strategy I am going to use in a fight, the process is just not automatable, and I have tested this, so I know.

I'm not saying to auto the whole fight. I'm saying once you are at 4 vs. 1, auto isn't going to lose for you. It will just go faster to hopefully allow you to finish before time runs out. Also, you can still select targets on auto.
  • amaze122
    305 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    crzydroid wrote: "@amaze122 still, I wonder if spending that 100 gems on two energy refreshes would not be better than buying a training droid pack. That's 240 energy plus 40 sim tickets and can get you droids, gear, credits, and experience."

@crzydroid, Actually, I just went into my game and checked and it is actually 120 energy plus 20 sim tickets, so.. not so many droids, gear, credits, and experience...

@Liath, Actually dear one, when I got to the 4 vs 1 part, I did not have time to Blink, let alone switch to auto, before the game declared the entire exercise a Draw, not to mention why do all that work of fighting an opponent down to 4 vs 1 and Then switch to auto, with literally One attack blow Left in the fight?
  • This is really ruining the game for me. If I see One More 7* Rey in Squad Arena, I am going to scream! I have just lost Five battles in a row, and I Barely got a Blow in. 5* versions of Old Daka, Mother Talzin, Kit Fisto, Lando, Hera, Ezra Bridger, all are there, plus 5* Bobba Fett, who revives from the dead....Twice!

Playing this hard in order to reach level 51 means nothing now; I seem to be going one step forward and three steps back. And seven of my top ten characters are gear level VI, the others are gear level VII. Problem is only one is 5*, the rest are mostly 4*. I know everyone keeps saying I should "work at getting higher level characters", but how, when my 5* character alone is going to take 2x85 shards to get there, and my 4* will take 65 + 85 + 85?

I am tempted to just not fight again until I have at least achieved a couple more stars, but the d____ game has made it a Requirement... >:)

I had wanted to be f2p, but... the Next big Deal that I see in the Store, I am jumping on it, this is getting Ridiculous....

The only way to fight a Whale is with a bigger harpoon :o
  • @amaze122 . sent you an ally request so you can use my G12 CLS
  • @GunsAtFour, Thanks!
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    This is really ruining the game for me. If I see One More 7* Rey in Squad Arena, I am going to scream! I have just lost Five battles in a row, and I Barely got a Blow in. 5* versions of Old Daka, Mother Talzin, Kit Fisto, Lando, Hera, Ezra Bridger, all are there, plus 5* Bobba Fett, who revives from the dead....Twice!

Playing this hard in order to reach level 51 means nothing now; I seem to be going one step forward and three steps back. And seven of my top ten characters are gear level VI, the others are gear level VII. Problem is only one is 5*, the rest are mostly 4*. I know everyone keeps saying I should "work at getting higher level characters", but how, when my 5* character alone is going to take 2x85 shards to get there, and my 4* will take 65 + 85 + 85?

I am tempted to just not fight again until I have at least achieved a couple more stars, but the d____ game has made it a Requirement... >:)

I had wanted to be f2p, but... the Next big Deal that I see in the Store, I am jumping on it, this is getting Ridiculous....

The only way to fight a Whale is with a bigger harpoon :o

You're mistaken if you thought you only need 2x85. You need 85 shards to get to 6* and another 100 on top of that to get to 7*. This applies to all characters. All characters need a total of 330 shards to get to 7*. If you don't have a proper focus and concentrate on your arena team, you're going to fall behind, fast. And now that you're in the 50s, you also need to start preparing to farm mods.

BTW, stars may not make that much of a difference in characters right now except to qualify for raids, which you sorely need since you are starting to need gear that drops from Raid only.
  • crzydroid
    7233 posts Moderator
    crzydroid wrote: "@amaze122 still, I wonder if spending that 100 gems on two energy refreshes would not be better than buying a training droid pack. That's 240 energy plus 40 sim tickets and can get you droids, gear, credits, and experience."

@crzydroid, Actually, I just went into my game and checked and it is actually 120 energy plus 20 sim tickets, so.. not so many droids, gear, credits, and experience...

That's for one refresh, but 100 gems will get you two.
  • crzydroid
    7233 posts Moderator
    Also, breaking into the competitive space of arena can be frustrating. As you are able to raid more and build your roster, your options will improve. As you build teams for the mod challenges, this will also help. But if you are free to play or light pay to play, all of this could take months though.

Be prepared to go gung ho on building a good fleet once you hit 60 and unlock ships. A good fleet arena standing early on can help you immensly. The top 20 of fleet earns crystals, and the better you do, the more zetas you can get, which can be used to upgrade characters (these won't be useable until something like level 82, which may be 3-4 months away as the experience needed to advance increases with each level--another reason to get energy refreshes).
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

@Liath, Actually dear one, when I got to the 4 vs 1 part, I did not have time to Blink, let alone switch to auto, before the game declared the entire exercise a Draw, not to mention why do all that work of fighting an opponent down to 4 vs 1 and Then switch to auto, with literally One attack blow Left in the fight?

That's because you weren't paying attention to the timer in the first place. If you had noticed it 30 seconds earlier, you could have put it on auto at that point and won in time.

It's a bit frustrating the way you argue with every single thing you are told when those of us giving you advice have been playing the game for quite a while and do actually know what we are talking about.
  • amaze122
    305 posts Member
    edited January 2018

@crzydroid, This is why I argued with that statement, you be the judge-->>

[img][/img]UnfDfdE.jpg

@Liath, I am sorry that you think that I have made it a point to argue with you. It's just that now you are saying that my mistake was in not paying attention to my time in the first place, when earlier you stated that
    "I'm saying once you are at 4 vs. 1, auto isn't going to lose for you."

which to me seemed to imply that After I had battled my opponent down to 4 vs 1, Then I should switch to auto.

I am sorry for any misunderstanding on my part, and I was just about to come in here and tell you about how I had finally tried the auto and the speed up feature in Mod Battles, (after I leveled up another character to Gear level seven), and maybe with the added power or whatever, the A.I. did a Much better job than I Ever could have done. And even though my earlier experience had been All negative, with the addition of this Gear 7 character to the mix, I also found that my Arena Squad also benefited from the auto feature, in fact by watching the A.I., I actually Learned something about Tactics and Strategy.

So please be patient with me, I communicate my experiences not to argue, but merely to inform you of exactly what I am going through, in order to offer a not opposing view, merely an alternate one...

• Liath
    5140 posts Member

@crzydroid, This is why I argued with that statement, you be the judge-->>

[img][/img]UnfDfdE.jpg

@Liath, I am sorry that you think that I have made it a point to argue with you. It's just that now you are saying that my mistake was in not paying attention to my time in the first place, when earlier you stated that
    "I'm saying once you are at 4 vs. 1, auto isn't going to lose for you."

which to me seemed to imply that After I had battled my opponent down to 4 vs 1, Then I should switch to auto.

I am sorry for any misunderstanding on my part, and I was just about to come in here and tell you about how I had finally tried the auto and the speed up feature in Mod Battles, (after I leveled up another character to Gear level seven), and maybe with the added power or whatever, the A.I. did a Much better job than I Ever could have done. And even though my earlier experience had been All negative, with the addition of this Gear 7 character to the mix, I also found that my Arena Squad also benefited from the auto feature, in fact by watching the A.I., I actually Learned something about Tactics and Strategy.

So please be patient with me, I communicate my experiences not to argue, but merely to inform you of exactly what I am going through, in order to offer a not opposing view, merely an alternate one...

Did you already buy some refreshes before taking that picture? The crystal cost goes up as you buy them. It's 50 crystals for the first 3 regular energy refreshes of the day, but then it goes to 100, 200, etc. Same with cantina, it starts at 100, but then goes to 200, 400, etc.

I was just trying to explain that it's important to pay attention to the timer. I said "once you've reached 4 vs. 1" just because you had mentioned that as something that happened, not to limit the times that you can put it on auto. 4 vs. 2 will probably work also - it's not a bright line rule, just something you have to get a feel for through experience.

But, the thing is, that if you lose due to running out of time, then you've lost. So at least if you'd put it on auto towards the end you would have had a chance. Maybe the AI can't pull it out, but there's the possibility it will, whereas there's no possibility of a win once you've run out of time.
  • How often a day does one receive a Guild Activity Reward of Guild Tokens?

Also how many times a day are Squad Arena Tokens, Galactic War Tokens, and Cantina Battle Tokens awarded?
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    How often a day does one receive a Guild Activity Reward of Guild Tokens?

Also how many times a day are Squad Arena Tokens, Galactic War Tokens, and Cantina Battle Tokens awarded?

Squad arena every 24 hours during your pay out time according your rank. This is probably 6pm local time but it's what the countdown at prizes is towards.

Cantina battle tokens every time you use cantina energy.

Galactic war 400 when you complete node 12 and 800 more through a galactic war at various points.

Guild tokens are every 24 hours for daily activity and upon completion of raids.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    How often a day does one receive a Guild Activity Reward of Guild Tokens?

Guild activity pays out once a day (though there are other sources of guild tokens). Squad arena also pays out once a day, but you also get 200 tokens for the daily activity of doing 2 battles, so you get that whenever you do them and choose to collect it. You get GW tokens whenever you complete the even numbered nodes in GW. You get cantina tokens whenever you do cantina battles.
  • amaze122
    305 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Can you tell from this pic what node I am on?

[img][/img]QLCoZnm.jpg

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    I don't see a picture, but you can always count the nodes (or count the ones you haven't done if closer to the end - there are 12 total). I should revise my GW answer though, because at some point several months ago they revised the rewards and I think they made them different based on your level. So I'm not actually certain what the rewards structure is at your current level.
  • amaze122
    305 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    @Liath, Okay, I fixed my post. As you can see from the above picture when I get to this part of the Battle, I have a Nightsister Zombie and two Nightsisters waiting for me. The Nightsister Zombie endlessly revives; she can't be killed as long as any Nightsister is alive, but you cannot kill the Nightsisters because she Taunts to draw you fire.

I can never get past this point because of this, with the characters that I have. The closest I came was with Chopper, but he only dispelled her buff for one turn, maybe because he is only 2*, at Gear level IV..

I know that you have knowledge of my character list, at this point, only with what I have, is there any hope, or do I just have to wait until I am stronger to get past this point?

[img][/img]HpGzIzL.jpg

Edit:

[img][/img]LVoypC9.jpg
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    That's node 7. Nightsisters with Zombie can definitely be tough. One option is an AOE heavy team. You don't have a ton of that but you've got Kylo, Clone Sergeant, and Tarkin, who can all do AOE on their specials. Are you still farming Lando? How is that going? You can also use Chopper to remove the taunt and then try to stun Zombie so she can't taunt again using Dooku and/or Royal Guard
  • Okay, those are all good ideas, thanks! This will have to wait for reboot of the GW (at Midnight tonight, according to the game), because My first team is all dead, Only Chopper and some cannon fodder are left, for now.

On another note, can one post Microsoft Word or Text documents in here?

(Sadly, this is what is left, Lol)...

[img][/img]94gsL6f.jpg
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Oh! You have TIE Fighter Pilot too, he has a really good AOE for that because he has a chance of inflicting buff immunity also, and if that lands on zombie she won't be able to taunt the next round. You'd have to give him some gear though. Snowtrooper also has an AOE, but again probably not enough gear.

I don't think you can post word documents. You could share them on a google drive and post a public link.
  • amaze122
    305 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Who is the best all-around fighter, out of Clone Sergeant-Phase I, and Snowtrooper, and therefore most worthy of my leveling up, with Gear and Stars?

On another note, this is something I am doing; a work in progress. I am using this Schedule/List to better order my prerogatives so that I have some focus. By the way, I am no longer farming Lando (29/80 shards so far), and Luminara Unduli (17/50 shards so far), for now; I have decided to focus on the characters that I have, instead of destroying focus and time by farming new ones (which I would then be required to "Gear Up" and "Promote", something I have trouble doing already with the characters that I Have).

Using this list, I have made Talia and Grand Moff Tarkin (who both Already have Five Stars), my Top Priorities, using Cantina and Light and Dark Energy to farm Talia, and Squad Arena Tokens for Tarkin, in the "Shipments" area. Some of the missions used to farm Talia have a repetition limit of five. I usually repeat once only per day, to save crystals, and then the leftover energy I use to farm either the Consular, Chewy (Chewbacca), or The Royal Guard.

Edit: I am also using Guild tokens to farm Talia.

A number in front of a character represents their Stars (5Talia, 4Chewy, etc.).

Any Event Times recorded are known to be accurate (For me, your times probably differ), the ones I am not sure about yet, have question marks temporarily, I will know for sure once they occur again and I record them.....

[img][/img]nOdyxW2.jpg

Post edited by amaze122 on
  • One other thing that I just noticed that I need to change, is that "Shipments Items Refresh" occurs at 6p and Midnight, not just 6p...
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    I would go with Snowtrooper over Clone Sergeant.

It's good to have a plan. When you say "shipments items refresh: 6pm" what do you mean? The stores (almost) all refresh 4 times a day - should be 12pm, 6pm, 12am, 6am for you. Fleet store is the only one on a different schedule now, that matches the bonus energy times. Bonus energy times should be 12pm, 6pm, 9pm.
  • Thanks, Snowtrooper it is then.

I had not noticed those other refresh times, I guess I was probably asleep then, :)

I am addicted yes, but I Do sleep Sometimes, B)
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Sleep is for the weak.

I wouldn't refresh hard nodes for crystals. Use crystals for more energy or cantina energy instead.

I'd go for snow trooper too. The reason isn't anything about the character themself but because of the types of teams they can fit with. I know clonetroopers can make a decent team but I prefer imperial troopers. Also empire teams can be useful in r2d2 and tbs.
  • So two for Snowtrooper then, Great!

@Naraic, But what is tbs?
  • amaze122 wrote: »
    So two for Snowtrooper then, Great!

@Naraic, But what is tbs?

TB= Territory Battle. It’s a guild event that unlocks at level 65 :)