Need a little newbie help here

Replies

• I sent you an ally request amaze; hopefully I can help you with borrow a hero
  • I have to constantly refresh my page. Even then, I will look up above, and a conversation has just "appeared" out of nowhere. Along that line, I just looked up above and noticed that you too, Naraic think that the Genosian is a junk character. The reason that I like him is because he calls in assists. I think that is so cool, it is like getting two attacks for one. Right?
  • Thank you tjzll...
  • Question; can you stop in the middle of a GW (this is my first one; I am level 40 now! :smiley: ) and go make a sandwich, gas up the car, maybe, and come back to resume in the same spot?
  • As long as the game is still running yes. You can also retreat
  • Never retreat! heheheh
  • Actually retreating in gw is beneficial; you can strategize you attacks and find the best route to victory
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    amaze122 wrote: »
    Liath I do not think it will let me send pictures from my hard drive, only from url's; correct me if I am wrong.

To that end though, remember I posted the stats of my character I am having trouble upgrading; "Genosian Soldier, Power level 574, level 39, Gear level II, 1*. It has been Hours, by the way, since my post, and the game is Still bypassing my Genosian Soldier, and allocating the MK-I's that I win to other characters...

That is correct, you have to put them up on an image hosting site and then link the url here.

As I said, the game is not "bypassing" your Geonosian Soldier, whatever you mean by that. There is something that you are not understanding about what is going on. Which ability of his are you trying to upgrade, what level is the ability currently, and what level are you trying to get it to?
  • Thank you Sunnie, you are such a helper bot! :smiley:
  • [img]file:///C:/Users/Willie/Desktop/Snaps%202/Geno%201.jpg[/img]
    [img]file:///C:/Users/Willie/Desktop/Snaps%202/Geno%202.jpg[/img]
    [img]file:///C:/Users/Willie/Desktop/Snaps%202/Geno%203.jpg[/img]
  • Hmmn, not sure if I got that right...
  • Okay so when I click on that mountain that you mentioned, instead of the vast menu that you got, I only got a box with "image url" inside of it. when I drag and dropped the image there, it took me to a new tab, with the image appearing on it. What I did then was copy and pasted the url of the new tab, and well, you see what I got from that.

Any suggestions?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    What you posted is not a URL, it appears to be a path to the image on your computer. That won't work - you have to upload it to imgur or a similar image hosting site first.

ETA: I missed the posts above. What is being shown there is from the mobile site - maybe it only works on a phone.
  • Actually I am exploring that option now

• amaze122
    305 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Okay I am sending this from my phone, s Samsung Note 3, and I am seeing the exact same thing...
  • Not a biggie, though, Maybe it is because the character is not advanced enough yet or something...
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    @Sunnie1978 I think you only have that option because you are a moderator. Us plebeians can't do that.
  • amaze122
    305 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Since everyone agrees it is not such a good character anyway... I'll just move on. :neutral:
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »
    @Sunnie1978 I think you only have that option because you are a moderator. Us plebeians can't do that.

Agreed, we have to upload to an imagehositing site.
  • Sunnie1978
    2937 posts Moderator
    :s Did not realize that :s
  • Sunnie1978
    2937 posts Moderator
    Imgur was recommended to me for image hosting
  • Okay Sun, gonna go check it out
  • Wow that was real fast; I joined up, uploaded my images and I am back!
    https://imgur.com/uwmn9Fy
  • Okay, the first image is the first ability, "aggressive advance", the second is the "swarm" ability, and the third is a general overview of the character. As you can see, what I need to progress is that MK-I Mat, that Still isn't being filled...
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    But on other characters at the same time it shows that you have more than 1 mk1 ability mat?
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Okay, the first image is the first ability, "aggressive advance", the second is the "swarm" ability, and the third is a general overview of the character. As you can see, what I need to progress is that MK-I Mat, that Still isn't being filled...

But you haven't shown any other character that has a different amount, you were saying character x had them allocated to him but Geonosian soldier didnt.

Once you get say 6 ability mats you use them in a character you are allocating them and then they aren't available in another character.
    I have to constantly refresh my page. Even then, I will look up above, and a conversation has just "appeared" out of nowhere. Along that line, I just looked up above and noticed that you too, Naraic think that the Genosian is a junk character. The reason that I like him is because he calls in assists. I think that is so cool, it is like getting two attacks for one. Right?

The conversation appearing out of nowhere is that posts were blocked by a spam filter on thread.

If you like assists try Wedge and Biggs. ****'s special can call two assists (wedge and another). Wedge is a great leader for rebels and shares his unique ability with Biggs making Biggs very fast. Also they fit well with other rebels who tend to be very good characters.
  • Naraic, The count is twelve other characters, that have the MK's allocated. I am not going to show them all, but here are three...

https://imgur.com/PHz0tmP
    https://imgur.com/96pOCGk
    https://imgur.com/f4YDWHk

The images are in order, General Ackbar, Luke Skywalker, and Nightsister Initiate...
  • amaze122 wrote: »
    Naraic, The count is twelve other characters, that have the MK's allocated. I am not going to show them all, but here are three...

https://imgur.com/PHz0tmP
    https://imgur.com/96pOCGk
    https://imgur.com/f4YDWHk

The images are in order, General Ackbar, Luke Skywalker, and Nightsister Initiate...

I'm betting if you went back to Geonosian soldier it would say you have 2/3 now. You got another one since you took the previous pictures. Whenever you choose to spend your ability mats mark one you press upgrade and those marks ones disappear. So Geonosian soldier says 2/3 now. If you upgrade farm boy Luke, Geonosian soldier will say 0/3
  • What actually happened was I got tired of waiting and just went ahead and upgraded somebody else; sorry I did not mention that...

On another note though, why does everyone think this is such a bad character? Not powerful enough? Not good looking? Heheheh