Possible Thrawn Counter?

Lekrom1982
343 posts Member
edited December 2017
I run a fast g12 Thrawn, and love using him.
Was just wondering why there hasn't been an ability given to some toon to directly counter fracture?

I know old Ben zeta counters fracture, but you need the taunt up and Old Ben always uses mind tricks first to try slow down the opposing team.

What I am talking about is an attack that gives the target 100% TM while dealing damage.
Sure, it would be detrimental to use it on anyone else but on Thrawn when he has fractured one of your MVP toons...?

Thus - Thrawn fractures your GK, you attack with Toon X using a special ability that gives Thrawn 100% TM and makes your GK come out of fracture.

Replies

• Options
    Does Thrawn need a counter? It's not like the dark side is exactly awash with good characters.

I'd say Raid Han would be more deserving of a counter. His guarantee to go first and stun is utterly ridiculous.
  • Options
    Only toon i know that grants enemy turn meter is Fives ship in fleet. It would be a terrible skill as with anyone else it wouldn’t be too helpful. Maybe to end a ShoreTroop or Baze taunt...but thats pretty specific.
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options
    You could shoot Thrawn...with Thrawn. Speed up.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    *Deal physical damage to target enemy and stun them, give them 100% turn meter and speed down for 1 turn.*

This would be very much like what Jyn does. Except instead of removing all turn meter, it gives them turn meter. They then miss that turn due to stun and suffer speed down. This could counter Fracture and any one turn taunt characters like Baze.
  • Gawejn
    1106 posts Member
    Options
    And what else should be? Maybe this should be given to CLS? He is soo weak, isnt he?
  • Options
    Is fracture really that big of a deal? When I was running CLS lead han thrawn GK and R2 my GK was pretty much there to absorb the fracture.
  • Options
    CLS and those pesky Rebels need to be nerfed, NOT THRAWN
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    You could shoot Thrawn...with Thrawn. Speed up.

You need thrawn, to beat thrawn?
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options
    No, just to make fracture expire sooner. If that's something you want to do per the OP's question.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    Does Thrawn need a counter? It's not like the dark side is exactly awash with good characters.

I'd say Raid Han would be more deserving of a counter. His guarantee to go first and stun is utterly ridiculous.

I agree that the dark side needs more characters and that Han also needs a counter, but I absolutely think Thrawn needs a counter. I hate what he did for the game. He is almost literally a counter to every character, and the only way to counter him is to control him before he controls you. And that’s not really a counter.

I like the idea of giving TM. I think a 2 turn stun that grants the opponent 100% TM would be a pretty nice counter. It would also be a nice weapon against taunting tanks to make their taunt expire faster.
  • Options
    Fracture is there mostly as a much needed counter to auto taunters. They shouldn't release a counter to fracture unless they nerf the characters like kenobi or Baze who made fracture necessary in the first place
  • Options
    I don't use fracture on tanks. I dispel the tank and then wait to use on the main damage dealer; so typically CLS or Raid Han.
  • Options
    Fracture doesn’t just counter taunt though. It counters pretty much everything. What doesn’t it stop? Barriss passive heals (that’s a significant reason for the Barriss meta that JTR just wiped out).
  • Options
    I typically fracture thrawn with my thrawn lol. That's a good counter
  • Options
    CLS lead team. I mean Rebels have so many bonuses against Empire. Han stuns remove TM. CLS stuns debuff R2 stuns Smokescreen Biggs 100% turn meter when attacked by Empire. Wiggs bonus damage Baze Chaze also have bonus. Imperial Troopers Veers 55 % chance to inflict Ability block DT 70% chance to Daze but Rebels have a 100% chance on everything. Its sad bout Vader he is Iconic but he is useless in Arena. I know EA has to make money but its unfair Empire vs Rebels. EA needs to STOP giving Empire mediocore character's Stark you use his AOE certain death Empire is all AOE and CLS teams have counter chance. Now you want a counter against Fracture Empire is already at a disadvantage you counter fracture Empire will be nothing. When the DS has meta we will see how loyal Rebels fan will be.
  • Options
    I thought Thrawn’s introduction WAS a counter. Personally, he’s not meta, just annoying to play against, but he is a prime member of my arena team. Do not need a counter against a counter character.

I defer to Dooku and GG - cannot be countered.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Options
    Thrawn. Perfect character for this kind of game. Someone to counter him would make him a joke.