TW Faction Buffs

I like the idea of having the bonus buffs to FO and Resistance but I think it would be much more dynamic if each section could have buffs for different factions, not always just FO and Resistance.

I get that they plan on making different playing fields eventually such as doing a battle of geonosis where geonosians will get a buff and possibly seperatists or jedi get a buff. But I think it would just be a lot cooler if each section was different instead of it only being each war.

It would allow for a little bit more strategy in that if a section says buffs to sith and jedi then as a guild we can put all sith and jedi teams there and if im fighting a jedi team in that section it gives me a reason to use a sith team vs them or vica versa. As it is right now it feels like an misused or underused feature.

Replies

• Options
    There should be no buffs at all in TW if we're being honest
  • Options
    Shhhhh.... we're going to end up getting #^#%*%&)(%$^ platoons in TW once they get around to it... and I do NOT look forward to it.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    Lol platoons are THE WORST part of this game by far, I really hope people dont see my idea as more platoon shenanigans.
  • Options
    I think this current TW is suppose to be held in jakku. This is the reasoning of buffs for resistance and first order.
    All of the very top guilds already have certain defense in each territory. 25 Luke teams followed by 25 nightister or 25 zaul teams. Having buffs for certain teams in certain territories just means they will all be deployed in that certain arena instead of scattered. So it would just make defense teams better; not a bad idea to have different buffs for certain teams in certain areas though. I’d be down for it, as it would probably be a factor of wins/ties/losses in tw
  • Options
    Also loving how it says there are 4 replies to this thread and yet only 2 show. Why does this site hold peoples comments for moderation. just let it post and moderate it later.
  • Options
    PiffGuru wrote: »
    Also loving how it says there are 4 replies to this thread and yet only 2 show. Why does this site hold peoples comments for moderation. just let it post and moderate it later.
    There's a couple folks who've been suspended a couple too many times to be given free reign on posting, I think :P

Anyway, I'd like it if each section had some sort of environmental effect or other buff/debuff, just because I want there to be some difference between sections other than names, if that makes sense.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Anyway, I'd like it if each section had some sort of environmental effect or other buff/debuff, just because I want there to be some difference between sections other than names, if that makes sense.

Yea thats pretty much my point here, Id like something to be different in each section to make it a unique experience, cause its gonna get stale like this quick imo
  • PremierVenoth
    2285 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Agreed, I'd like to see each tile require a different strategy on Defense and offense. Back slots are worth more, right, shouldn't there be something about them that makes them harder to acquire?
    Sorry I was a Debbie Downer - but when community comes up with a decent idea - what we end up getting is the one thing we don't want... and devs already said they're going to implement platoons (because TW is semi-fun and platoons would be a great way to make sure they ruined, trolled, improved it for us....)
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    I posted this exact idea way back when territory wars started. It seems painfully obvious to me that that's how it should be.
  • Options
    Environmental effects on territories in a TW would be awesome.
    Some of the brightest ideas are the hardest to see
  • Options
    Think you should be able to cooperate and construct TW defenses during the TB between TWs. But once TW's start up, you can no longer build any more. Then you have to figure out how to use what you've made over the week over two consecutive TW's. (or maybe not - and just keep building it up for another week)

Each person can get resources just from their normal daily activities and battles - then they need to make up shield generators, auto-turrets, med-pac's, shock grenade, walls (bonus % to dodge?), mines (1-2% damage to enemy at start of fight), whatever. You can add them to other peoples teams once deployed.

It'd kind of keep TW going all the time and as some of better content we've gotten recently, it could be pretty fun. Give's a some incentive to a scrappy guild that's really active.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    That would definitely benefit the more active guild, it would be fun but I think too much stuff to do in the aspect of keeping people interested and playing, I feel like that would cause me n my other officers to get upset at people in the guild not fully participating more so than we already get lol. Still it would shake things up.

Question tho, are you saying basically having the TW defense setup phase being during the whole TB week or do you mean like the teams that we fought with in TB are the teams we would be using in the TW?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to correct sub forum.

I was wondering if they were going to make different maps to have different bonuses, but the current ones don't really make.much difference.