My CLS Predicament

Okay so first of all lets clarify that I'm very under prepared for this event, but none the less LETS GOOOOO

The data

https://swgoh.gg/u/martheleuscell/

Whats Happening

I am annihilated in P3. I cant even kill one taunter. I'm also STILL not faster then anything in P1 which I think would give me a large advantage.

What I can do RIGHT NOW

Right now I can take StH to gear 8, today hopefully. I can also get R2 to gear 9. Now my problem is is that StH Luke and Leah all require a mk 5 furnace and luke and leah also require mk 6 syringes, so I can only do one of them unless I get unfathomably lucky from the rancor and get a fully crafter furnace. I have one omega coming today, 2-4 mats from the TWs so at most maybe three more before the end of the event, so I need to figure out where those are going too

What I think I should do

I think I should get StH to gear 9, Omega Bullseye and leahs basic. But I really dont know, so this is where I need your help! Any general strategy tips would be much appreciated as well! And if all else fails and I cant get him, well I just got a shiny new krennic I can play with instead :smiley:

Replies

• Do you have all the characters at 7*?

• Do you have all the characters at 7*?

Yes, but Im very unprepared gear wise. Dark side distractions ya know?
  • Get Han up to G9. Omega Leia’s basic and stealth special. Keep trying. You’ve got 7 more days. You’ll be fine. It’s easier than Thrawn and R2 event.
  • Get Han up to G9. Omega Leia’s basic and stealth special. Keep trying. You’ve got 7 more days. You’ll be fine. It’s easier than Thrawn and R2 event.

well thats good to know, Ive spent a collective 10 hours doing those two sacks of crap
  • I just completed it today and from my experience g9 on ST Han is a must
  • Yes, but Im very unprepared gear wise. Dark side distractions ya know?

So getting entry to the final tier will be impossible, right?

• Yes, but Im very unprepared gear wise. Dark side distractions ya know?

So getting entry to the final tier will be impossible, right?

well no, I was able to do everything up to the final tier already.
  • I just completed it today and from my experience g9 on ST Han is a must

Okay, thanks!
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Yes Tier 3 was the hardest of all tiers. At least for me. Did it with G8 Han and Luke but Han died and Luke was left with very low health. Cleared with 2 stars. All with arena mods. I recommend G9 for Han and G8 for Luke.

The second hardest was the last tier. First and second time I exposed R2 out of smoke because he was the one with highest gear for me. Didn't work out well. Always let Han taunt at the last stage and hide everyone else with R2's smoke. On stage 1&2 save specials iust do basics if possible.

Rest were fairly easy.
    Old Ben showdown, did it with lvl 65 Ben, gave him a 24% tenacity cross to prevent ability block.

Leia and Luke stage was rather easy with Leia basic omega. Only used her special at stage 8
  • Yes Tier 3 was the hardest of all tiers. At least for me. Did it with G8 Han and Luke but Han died and Luke was left with very low health. All with arena mods. I recommend G9 for Han and G8 for Luke

Okay, Thanks!
  • Okay so first of all lets clarify that I'm very under prepared for this event, but none the less LETS GOOOOO

The data

https://swgoh.gg/u/martheleuscell/

Whats Happening

I am annihilated in P3. I cant even kill one taunter. I'm also STILL not faster then anything in P1 which I think would give me a large advantage.

What I can do RIGHT NOW

Right now I can take StH to gear 8, today hopefully. I can also get R2 to gear 9. Now my problem is is that StH Luke and Leah all require a mk 5 furnace and luke and leah also require mk 6 syringes, so I can only do one of them unless I get unfathomably lucky from the rancor and get a fully crafter furnace. I have one omega coming today, 2-4 mats from the TWs so at most maybe three more before the end of the event, so I need to figure out where those are going too

What I think I should do

I think I should get StH to gear 9, Omega Bullseye and leahs basic. But I really dont know, so this is where I need your help! Any general strategy tips would be much appreciated as well! And if all else fails and I cant get him, well I just got a shiny new krennic I can play with instead :smiley:

EDIT: JUST TO BE CLEAR I am referring to the final tier, with P1 P2 and P3 being the encounters, NOT the other tiers
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I see:) That one was quite a challenging one, too.
    As I said I used Han's taunt and R2 smoke screen on him. Kept using burning.
    Kill order was Two Stormtroopers, Commander, and the rest 2.
    StHan died and Luke died from AOE attack.
    Leia G9 R2 G10, Han & Luke G8.
    But saw a thread of doing it with G9 Han, G7 R2 and the rest at G8
    Here:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/126287/minimum-gear-for-cls-event#latest
  • My CLS squad: https://swgoh.gg/u/dralkyr/squads/1950/

Han and R2 gear 9, all others at gear 8. I autoed the last tier
  • Dralkyr wrote: »
    My CLS squad: https://swgoh.gg/u/dralkyr/squads/1950/

Han and R2 gear 9, all others at gear 8. I autoed the last tier

Im guessing you already removed the mods you used? If not and thats the mods you used I think I might cry because hey I might actually do this
  • No... sorry, those aren't the mods I used. SWGOH.GG just hasn't synced my new mods in yet, since I just put them on for the event.
    Han - Full set of 4/5* Health
    Leia - 2x 5*health, 4x 2* Crit Chance
    Luke - 2x 4* Crit Damage, 2x 2* Crit Damage
    Obi-wan - just enough to survive
    R2 - Full set of 4/5* Potency
  • I'm a little confused (not difficult).

I got 220 CLS shards today. Very pleased. BUT...I don't have either R2 or Old Ben at 7* and so - I can't do the last two tiers and therefore it's impossible for me to get CLS, right?

• If it were Tier III, I would say gear Han (G9 was a must for Tier III, but not after I don't think). For the final Tier, I would just keep trying. When you only have couple of toons the room for RNG to cause variance in outcome is low. On the final tier you've got a bunch of toons, so you have more chance for RNG variance to take effect and you (statistically) have to wait longer to catch that (more rare) great RNG.

If you've made it past Tier III, I would ignore Han. Gear up R2 and secondarily Leia. Play it a bunch of times.

If after you've played it 50 to 100 times (I played EP Tier VII more than fifty times, I'm sure...I was level 75...it was rough), then consider working on Han or leveling up your toons.

That's another thing, your toons might be too low level if they are still 80, 75, 78, 66, 71. Obviously you don't need to level Old Ben. R2 and Leia are your heroes in the final tier.
  • Ariben wrote: »
    If it were Tier III, I would say gear Han (G9 was a must for Tier III, but not after I don't think). For the final Tier, I would just keep trying. When you only have couple of toons the room for RNG to cause variance in outcome is low. On the final tier you've got a bunch of toons, so you have more chance for RNG variance to take effect and you (statistically) have to wait longer to catch that (more rare) great RNG.

If you've made it past Tier III, I would ignore Han. Gear up R2 and secondarily Leia. Play it a bunch of times.

If after you've played it 50 to 100 times (I played EP Tier VII more than fifty times, I'm sure...I was level 75...it was rough), then consider working on Han or leveling up your toons.

That's another thing, your toons might be too low level if they are still 80, 75, 78, 66, 71. Obviously you don't need to level Old Ben. R2 and Leia are your heroes in the final tier.

Okay, so use this heist to level everyone up?

I got 220 CLS shards today. Very pleased. BUT...I don't have either R2 or Old Ben at 7* and so - I can't do the last two tiers and therefore it's impossible for me to get CLS, right?

Unfortunately yes. You need all the toons at 7 stars to unlock him
  • Dralkyr wrote: »
    No... sorry, those aren't the mods I used. SWGOH.GG just hasn't synced my new mods in yet, since I just put them on for the event.
    Han - Full set of 4/5* Health
    Leia - 2x 5*health, 4x 2* Crit Chance
    Luke - 2x 4* Crit Damage, 2x 2* Crit Damage
    Obi-wan - just enough to survive
    R2 - Full set of 4/5* Potency

Thanks!
  • I'd gear up R2, as he's someone you want to be running with Luke. R2 is also one of the best characters in the game.

That's somewhat unfortunately correct, and it's what kept me from CLS before. They've put him behind a wall of 5 7* Empires toons and then 5 specific 7* Rebels. Last time CLS came around I was only missing R2 and Ben, as well. Sorry :/
  • Unfortunately yes. You need all the toons at 7 stars to unlock him

Gotcha, thanks. Best of luck with your pursuit.

For me - it will be next time. Which is fine :smile:

• Okay, so use this heist to level everyone up?

I would prioritize R2 then Leia then STH and hold off on Luke. In fact, I would see if you can get away with leveling one at a time, see if it works, try a little more, etc.

Does STH get more than one taunt off through the rounds?
  • Ariben wrote: »

Okay, so use this heist to level everyone up?

I would prioritize R2 then Leia then STH and hold off on Luke. In fact, I would see if you can get away with leveling one at a time, see if it works, try a little more, etc.

Does STH get more than one taunt off through the rounds?

If he survives P1 and 2 yes. I dont taunt in 2, just 1 and 3
  • Okay heres another EDIT: Would it be better for me to get two gear 9s or one G10? because If I suspend R2 I might be able to get StH to gear 10
  • i would just gear r2.
    I did it with all g8,leia g9,r2 g10.
    i used han's taunt only on stage 3
  • for just this event i think two g9 would be more safe. because g9 characters don't die fast.
  • for just this event i think two g9 would be more safe. because g9 characters don't die fast.

Thanks!
  • i would just gear r2.
    I did it with all g8,leia g9,r2 g10.
    i used han's taunt only on stage 3

If you make R2 awesome he will carry the day.

I took STH to G9 when I hit a speed bump in TIII. My team: R2 G10, Leia and STH G9, and Luke Gear 8. All lvl 85. Unless you plan to use STH for arena, try to get away with just gearing R2. You will use R2 for a lot of things. Not the least of which is CLS's buddy.