New Arena Team w/CLS

YAY! I got CLS! (insert happy dance)

Current arena team w/o mods https://swgoh.gg/u/dralkyr/squads/1996/
Collection https://swgoh.gg/u/dralkyr/collection/

I would like to play with my Arena team now that I have CLS unlocked. I'm starting to gear him up, but ATM he's just g7 and no mods, but I'll be getting to that. I removed the mods from my Arena team because I was moving them to event squads - first Empire for R2 and then the toons for the R2 event. I've lost about 150 places in Arena, but I prioritized getting CLS over getting high rank during the CLS events.
Anyway... I'm not sure where to go with my Arena team now. I've had Wedge as lead for the health benefits... do I leave him as Lead or put CLS as lead? If CLS is the lead, should I keep running Chaze in the squad, or does CLS leader ability granting counter to everyone negate the Chaze duo? Just really not sure how to craft my next fun Arena team.

Replies

• Options
    Congratulations on earning CLS! He is a great Rebel lead. Hold on to R2, and you can keep Chaze, as well. Some would add Leia, but I think she’s too unpredictable. You can’t count on her to double or triple hit. Raid Han should be a long term goal. Old Ben is starting to get some use since his new zeta allows him to keep taunting through a fracture. Your Stormtrooper Han is already geared up more than others, so you can go for him if you want two tanks.
  • Options
    dad2my3 wrote: »
    Congratulations on earning CLS! He is a great Rebel lead. Hold on to R2, and you can keep Chaze, as well. Some would add Leia, but I think she’s too unpredictable. You can’t count on her to double or triple hit. Raid Han should be a long term goal. Old Ben is starting to get some use since his new zeta allows him to keep taunting through a fracture. Your Stormtrooper Han is already geared up more than others, so you can go for him if you want two tanks.

So you would suggest dropping my Wiggs and putting CLS as lead with R2, Chaze, and something?
  • Options
    How does a CLS Rebel team heal? That was one of the biggest reasons I went with Wedge lead instead of Ackbar or trying to get Lando: their speed boosts are great, but the healing ability was too good to pass up. Do you just have to put a healer on the team to keep the toons alive?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Dralkyr wrote: »
    How does a CLS Rebel team heal? That was one of the biggest reasons I went with Wedge lead instead of Ackbar or trying to get Lando: their speed boosts are great, but the healing ability was too good to pass up. Do you just have to put a healer on the team to keep the toons alive?

Healing is just not that important in end game arena. You win by killing the other team quickly before they can kill you, not by healing. Zarriss and fighting against NS excepted.
  • Options
    I mean... as long as someone is healthy, chirrut is a good healer
  • Options
    A dedicated healer goes the way of the dodo after awhile, it becomes more about Protection regen. High level characters can dish out some serious damage, which means that a character that loses all protection will likely die in 1-2 attacks regardless of healing. Even the healers that are still occasionally used bring a lot more to the table then just healing, and the healing tends to be passive as opposed to using a Special move to heal your squad.