Advice please: Finding a space for Hermit Yoda

I am going to be unlocking Hermit Yoda next week and I have saved enough gear to get him to G11 and I have a zeta waiting for him too. I intend to use him in the Arena, however I am struggling to create/find a decent team for him to fit into.
I have ran Jedi led squad in arena since the beginning and I would like to keep it that way, however I am open to ideas. I am currently experimenting with CLS led team however I hate being a sheep to the meta.
My swgoh profile: https://swgoh.gg/u/almorg/collection/

Replies

• Options
    I run Ackbar(L), CLS, GK, Thrawn and hermit Yoda. Not great on defense but can beat just about anyone on offense.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to strategy section
  • Options
    Jamesm wrote: »
    I run Ackbar(L), CLS, GK, Thrawn and hermit Yoda. Not great on defense but can beat just about anyone on offense.

Thanks for the advice

I have been considering an Ackbar lead, even tho mine is only gear 8. Would Ezra work in place of thrawn do you think?

Also, how does this team pitch up against RJT led teams?
  • Options
    Looking at your roster I would try GK lead, CLS, R2, Ezra and HY

GK gives health bonus to all the Jedi, and under GK lead HY will call a mass assist when he heals.

Watch wasting gear on HY. Remember he doesn't attack so none of the offensive stats matter (physical damage, speical damage, either crit chance). And since he is mosty stealthed/forsighted the defensive stats matter little (not to mention when people face you in arena they will not focus on him because if he is the last charater left the match is over)

So with HY you're really looking for speed.

Same thing is true with modding him.
  • Options
    diangelo wrote: »
    Looking at your roster I would try GK lead, CLS, R2, Ezra and HY

GK gives health bonus to all the Jedi, and under GK lead HY will call a mass assist when he heals.

Watch wasting gear on HY. Remember he doesn't attack so none of the offensive stats matter (physical damage, speical damage, either crit chance). And since he is mosty stealthed/forsighted the defensive stats matter little (not to mention when people face you in arena they will not focus on him because if he is the last charater left the match is over)

So with HY you're really looking for speed.

Same thing is true with modding him.

Great advice, thanks for looking at my squads
    Is gk lead viable without barriss tho?
  • Options
    I would suggest running ackbar lead, cls, Ezra, GK, and HY.

The whole point of an ackbar team is to inflict massive damage as fast as possible both on offense and d.

People lose to ackbar teams on d only when they don't know what hit them. It's a fear factor build.

Most ackbar team's weakness is only having 1 damage dealer; usually cls or Ezra and trading in a control/support unit like thrawn or r2 for the second damage dealer.

Ezra/cls means 66% chance to call a damage dealer vs 50% or less based on alternative comps.

BTW Ezra can attack 6 times in a row with the proper combo....that's around 72k damage from a single move on a good roll.

GK is strong but without bariss any meta team will chew through him in 4-5 turns.
  • Options
    GK/Kanan/Ezra/Yoda/Barriss is a tremendous arena quality team. Rey’s healing immunity that can’t be cleansed is a counter to it, but it’s otherwise very good, and still handles Rey on offense no problem.
  • Options
    Elbertoman wrote: »
    I would suggest running ackbar lead, cls, Ezra, GK, and HY.

The whole point of an ackbar team is to inflict massive damage as fast as possible both on offense and d.

People lose to ackbar teams on d only when they don't know what hit them. It's a fear factor build.

Most ackbar team's weakness is only having 1 damage dealer; usually cls or Ezra and trading in a control/support unit like thrawn or r2 for the second damage dealer.

Ezra/cls means 66% chance to call a damage dealer vs 50% or less based on alternative comps.

BTW Ezra can attack 6 times in a row with the proper combo....that's around 72k damage from a single move on a good roll.

GK is strong but without bariss any meta team will chew through him in 4-5 turns.

Wow great advice, thanks very much

I'l get my ackbar geared up and give it a try
  • Options
    I'm running that team in my arena: Ackbar, HY, CLS, Ezra, GK and I beat every team on my shard on offense.
    However I drop to ~#25 overnight.
    Still very much worth the investment
  • Options
    I’ve just reached a compromise between offensive skills and defense:
    - QGJ GXII zeta (Lead.)
    - Barriss Offee GXI zeta
    - R2D2 GXI zeta
    - Hermit Yoda GXI zeta (5*)
    - GK GXI (6*)
  • Options
    I'm not sure that's much of a compromise. That looks very defensive based to me. Two healers (one that hits like a wet noodle and one that doesn't even hit), a tank a support and one "damage dealer" if you want to stretch and call QGJ that.

I'm not saying that team won't work. Just that I don't think it's "balenced" at all
  • Options
    I’m on a jan 17 shard and a guy in my top 50 runs ZQGJ/GK/JKa/Ezra with him. I haven’t fought it as we are on different schedules, but he seems to have some success with it. He certainly doesn’t have super mods.
  • Options
    I was in same boat as you, as i did not have zariss in my back pocket. Using GK lead with hoda, my shardmates said i was an easy target to take down as they could just fracture kenobi and take everyone else out since i did not have zariss crit heal. You could try QGJ lead for speed, with ezra, hoda, GK, and r2. Sounds fast and powerful to me. Best of luck! Hermit yoda is a blast