Duplicated Teams in TW (@Devs)

@CG_JohnSalera @CG_Kozispoon

Hello :)
I just wanted to inform you about strange duplicates. Not that it would have changed the outcome of our War today, but our opponents just informed me about a duplicated team we have in one Territory. I don´t know what kind of bug it is, i just know noone "cheats" or anything.

Check Kylo team of our Player DK Ultraschall - same team in the same Territory twice

31370802mf.jpg
31370803xr.jpg
31370804rv.jpg

PS: Same happened to one of our other guilds - they discovered a duplicated opponent´s Fleet.
31370839jb.jpg
31370876to.jpg

Alliance Leader and Leader of DeathStarVentDesigners - Discord App: Kelthuzad#5528

DeathStarVentDesigners | DeathStarPortDesigners | DeathStarDelinquents | DeathStarRebelWranglers | DeathStarDarkKnights | DeathStarReactorDesigners | DeathStarGermanOrder | DeathStarHumanResources | Aussie Battlers | Terra

Replies

• Amazing that the guild you were up against noticed this before someone in your own guild did. #mindblown
  • When they beat it, were both duplicates removed?
    iN Spectre
  • @Sonic_Servodriver
    Thank you for the absolute useless commentary - as i can see you are a salty guildie of our opponent Ewokin on Sunshine. #mindblown back, Sir. Now i will tell you a few things...

1st: SORRY - this must be a BUG - noone cheats here. We are a competitive day 1 guild and we play fair!
    2nd: Check the map - you did not even have a chance this war
    3rd: We entirely cleared your Territory so the best possible outcome for you would have been a tie. Whether loss or tie in the end - rewards are the same for you and your guild.
    4th: We still had 71 ground teams and 50 fleet left you could not clear (15.850 vs 9.090 banners)
    5th: The single duplicated team YOU discovered (congratulation) was in our backrow South you opened in the last 60-90mins of the WAR after you got stuck in the North/Center. Please don´t tell me you suddenly got demotivated and couldn´t clear our top teams anymore (13 in the North, 23 in Center, 10 South backrow including the 1 duplicated team... and 50 Fleet) you could not clear before. You battled til the end and cleared as much as possible.
    6th: And now think about it.We have to assign 200 ground teams, 25 per Territory. We let all guildies fill it randomly and this Territory in the backrow South was marked as "DS" this time. I don´t care who fills it, all i care for is 25/25 in the end and that even weaker guildies earn at least 60 banners for assigning teams on Defense. And then i might scroll through it, but why should i check for every single team or even for "duplicated" teams? Why should anyone do this? We never had this happen before so noone assumed there might be a duplicated team in our rows. And when you scroll through it you only see 3-4 teams. You have to scroll several times and then also notice a team is in there twice by the same player. Several similar looking teams were in every Territory. Do you think i would check 25 CLS+Raid Han teams for a duplicated team? Or 25 Phoenix for a possible duplicated team? And regarding Banners on Defense this player had 120 points - as many others in our guild. Nothing strange.

It was not our fault - it happened, and when your guild informed me about it i immediately informed the Devs here. I made it public during War so please stop being salty. This is all i can do. Now the Devs may look into it and maybe they can find out how this bug happens and prevent it from happening again (hopefully soon). Since noone touched the duplicated team we can´t tell whether it is really duplicated or just a "display bug". We all just had a few Wars now and we know this game had and has bugs (Rancor, HAAT, TB....). A single duplicated team does not change the outcome of a war - if anyone had several duplicated teams / way more teams left for offense this would be an advantage for sure and also mega annoying.
    Alliance Leader and Leader of DeathStarVentDesigners - Discord App: Kelthuzad#5528

DeathStarVentDesigners | DeathStarPortDesigners | DeathStarDelinquents | DeathStarRebelWranglers | DeathStarDarkKnights | DeathStarReactorDesigners | DeathStarGermanOrder | DeathStarHumanResources | Aussie Battlers | Terra
  • Kelthuzad
    343 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    @ArchdemonJanuary - the duplicate team remained untouched. Also 8 other teams in this Territory untouched. I am #mindblown how you can kill 15 teams in a Territory first before noticing that there is a duplicated team.

• Kelthuzad
    343 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    @Sonic_Servodriver
    Thank you for the absolute useless commentary - as i can see you are a salty guildie of our opponent Ewokin on Sunshine. Now i will tell you a few things...

1st: SORRY - this must be a BUG - noone cheats here. We are a competitive day 1 guild and we play fair!
    2nd: Check the map - you did not even have a chance this war
    3rd: We entirely cleared your Territory so the best possible outcome for you would have been a tie. Whether loss or tie in the end - rewards are the same for you and your guild.
    4th: We still had 71 ground teams and 50 fleet left you could not clear (15.850 vs 9.090 banners)
    5th: The single duplicated team YOU discovered (congratulation) was in our backrow South you opened in the last 60-90mins of the WAR after you got stuck in the North/Center. Please don´t tell me you suddenly got demotivated and couldn´t clear our top teams anymore (13 in the North, 23 in Center + 25 Main, 10 South backrow including the 1 duplicated team... and 50 Fleet) you could not clear before. You battled til the end and cleared as much as possible.
    6th: And now think about it.We have to assign 200 ground teams, 25 per Territory. We let all guildies fill it randomly and this Territory in the backrow South was marked as "DS" this time. I don´t care who fills it, all i care for is 25/25 in the end and that even weaker guildies earn at least 60 banners for assigning teams on Defense. And then i might scroll through it, but why should i check for every single team or even for "duplicated" teams? Why should anyone do this? We never had this happen before so noone assumed there might be a duplicated team in our rows. And when you scroll through it you only see 3-4 teams. You have to scroll several times and then also notice a team is in there twice by the same player. Several similar looking teams were in every Territory. Do you think i would check 25 CLS+Raid Han teams for a duplicated team? Or 25 Phoenix for a possible duplicated team? And regarding Banners on Defense this player had 120 points - as many others in our guild. Nothing strange.

It was not our fault - it happened, and when your guild informed me about it i immediately informed the Devs here. I made it public during War so please stop being salty. This is all i can do. Now the Devs may look into it and maybe they can find out how this bug happens and prevent it from happening again (hopefully soon). Since noone touched the duplicated team we can´t tell whether it is really duplicated or just a "display bug". We all just had a few Wars now and we know this game had and has bugs (Rancor, HAAT, TB....). A single duplicated team does not change the outcome of a war - if anyone had several duplicated teams / way more teams left for offense this would be an advantage for sure and also mega annoying.

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    wow @Kelthuzad haha, wasn't beating them enough?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »

I think it's obvious that Kel was simply trying to do the right thing by reporting a bug. He understandably took umbrage at the veiled shot from the opposing guild member who was clearly just salty because they were getting crushed in the TW - and not because of a single duplicate team.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    leef wrote: »

I think it's obvious that Kel was simply trying to do the right thing by reporting a bug. He understandably took umbrage at the veiled shot from the opposing guild member who was clearly just salty because they were getting crushed in the TW - and not because of a single duplicate team.

it was obvious and understandable. He went all in though, that guy isn't walking away with a single shred of dignity haha.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • We saw this in a TW battle yesterday on the back row as well - we reported it via the in-game report. Funnily enough we ended up winning pretty convincingly as well. The inclusion of a "report" button in TW puzzled me initially - I guess this was released unfinished. Perhaps "Report Issue" would have been a more honest button.
  • spicerguy wrote: »
    We saw this in a TW battle yesterday on the back row as well - we reported it via the in-game report. Funnily enough we ended up winning pretty convincingly as well. The inclusion of a "report" button in TW puzzled me initially - I guess this was released unfinished. Perhaps "Report Issue" would have been a more honest button.

The ingame button is supposed to be for reporting cheating. Similar to pming Luciferdaddy here. Bugreports go on the disaster that is answers.ea. It's a trainwreck of a bugreport and q&a service, but it's what they use, so to have this supplicate team bug addressed, you're better off posting it there than here, which is for general feedback.
  • Same "bug" just happened here causing my guild to lose when both boards were cleared.
  • DoraTheDestroyer
    12 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    We encountered at least 3 sets of duplicates (cls team, gk/zarris team, thrawn/empire) from the same player in our opposing guild. I suspect there is a reliable way of reproducing this issue and they are taking advantage of it.

@CG_JohnSalera @CG_Kozispoon

any feedback from devs on acknowledging this as an issue please?