delete

Prev1
Dread
152 posts Member
edited January 2018
Tired of seeing hate posts on this thread. Please stop replying.
Post edited by Dread on

Replies

• Why would it take that much money? All you need to do is unlock CLS to get back in the top 20 then casually farm whatever else you may want.
  • The developers have already said it would not be feasable/plausable/doable/etc whatever to shuffle arena
  • the answer is no.
  • The developers have already said it would not be feasable/plausable/doable/etc whatever to shuffle arena
    Source? I only know of one mention by a dev, over a year ago, (it is still in dev announcements) that says " no plans at this time". Haven't seen an official comment by a dev since .
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
    Source? I only know of one mention by a dev, over a year ago, (it is still in dev announcements) that says " no plans at this time". Haven't seen an official comment by a dev since .

This is not what “shard shuffle” means..
    Shard shuffle is when they move character shards around and change where you can farm certain character shards.

I would be pretty ticked off because I have made a special bond with my shard mates over the past 2 years.

And I do not think they should shuffle your shard just to put you into an easier shard because you took a break. That’s your fault.. you should be matched up with people who starting at the same time as you.. LOL you trying to only fight newbs??
  • Riegorn
    100 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    i took 4 months break from the game, within a month i was from around 500 in top 50, my shard is like december 2016 so probably not very difficult one, but take time to check current meta and what is best team you can create and gear up fast. I climbed a lot with wiggs, R2, kenobi and leia before i changed them to current meta
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    I don't think the game should accomodate players who choose to stop playing for a while, it wouldn't be fair for the rest of us.
    I'd also like to note that the fast majority of the players don't even rank top100 and that arena is one of the few places ingame where total GP don't mean sith. There's a player with 3.6mil GP and a player with 1.3mil GP both in my top10. Taking a break has far bigger consequenses for other area's of the game.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • scuba
    14044 posts Member
    So what you are saying is you (Op) want an advantage over people that have been progressing their accounts during your time off from the game? In other words the game and everyone else's progress should revolve around your schedule? Get over it.

Plenty of people take time of and come back. Guess what it is going to take time because you decided (it happens) to take a break for the game and guess what the game didn't stop.

Breaks for many reasons are sometimes needed from the game, but the game will go on with out you.
  • And make it so you can change your defence without needing to attack with that defence squad
  • I had a 6 month break, menawhile Palpatine, Thrawn and R2 appeared. I didn't give up. I built a strong Rebel team, got Palaptine, built Phoenix, got Thrawn and with their help I built Empire team and got R2. I geared and 7 starred many characters.

And now I'm a proud owner of CLS since few days. But yeah, it's easier to say that game won't let you progress.
  • So we should reward players who take a break from or dont play the game while punish people who play daily? Makes sense...
  • scuba wrote: »
    So what you are saying is you (Op) want an advantage over people that have been progressing their accounts during your time off from the game? In other words the game and everyone else's progress should revolve around your schedule? Get over it.

Plenty of people take time of and come back. Guess what it is going to take time because you decided (it happens) to take a break for the game and guess what the game didn't stop.

Breaks for many reasons are sometimes needed from the game, but the game will go on with out you.

Returning customers is crucial for business. And also, there wiuld be zero advantage for taking a break since you stay stagnant, not sure how you gathered that. Thanks for the flame tho.
  • Not sure why people here love to flame
    BayouKing wrote: »
    Yeah I took a year break and i'm back in the top 50 in my arena. So all that crying you are doing is nonsense. It's doable.

been playing every day for 7months since i returned farming meta and barely top 200, if youre shard is easy doesnt make everyones shard easy. No one is crying, just discussing the topic. Not sure why people on then official forum have such a negative outlook.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Dread wrote: »
    Not sure why people here love to flame
    Yeah I took a year break and i'm back in the top 50 in my arena. So all that crying you are doing is nonsense. It's doable.

been playing every day for 7months since i returned farming meta and barely top 200, if youre shard is easy doesnt make everyones shard easy. No one is crying, just discussing the topic. Not sure why people on then official forum have such a negative outlook.

what makes you think his shard is easy though?
    the forum is often very negative, but you have to understand that what you're asking sounds an awefull lot like asking for an easy button. You're doing worse than your peers, so you should be placed on an easier leaderboard. Not only that, i'm glad i left the majority of my leaderboard behind me roster/mods wise. I'm not looking forward to a random guy to get dropped into my leaderboard because that guy has a better chance at being competative on my leaderboard only because he stopped playing for a while.
    So yea, i can understand the negative responses to your request.
  • leef wrote: »
    Not sure why people here love to flame

what makes you think his shard is easy though?
    the forum is often very negative, but you have to understand that what you're asking sounds an awefull lot like asking for an easy button. You're doing worse than your peers, so you should be placed on an easier leaderboard. Not only that, i'm glad i left the majority of my leaderboard behind me roster/mods wise. I'm not looking forward to a random guy to get dropped into my leaderboard because that guy has a better chance at being competative on my leaderboard only because he stopped playing for a while.
    So yea, i can understand the negative responses to your request.

He isn't asking for an easy button, he asked to have shards divided based on number of days logged in, or a similar metric.... Which means you will always be competing against people at or around the same progress.
  • Huatimus wrote: »

Actually, Dev said that they haven't done so and had no plans at that time... Not.that it was off the table or that they would.never do it.
  • Blizzisme wrote: »
    Huatimus wrote: »

Actually, Dev said that they haven't done so and had no plans at that time... Not.that it was off the table or that they would.never do it.

Um yea I can read the English just fine. Let’s just say that this is a stance they’ve taken since the start of the game and now that we are going into the third year, it’s likelihood of changing is low. Thank goodness for that!
  • @Blizzisme thank you, one person understands what I was looking for.

@leef i guess I couldn't portray what I was looking for to you and you seem to be drawing conclusions to why I was seeing if this was something that was going to happen. Many games that have long term development goals have ways of bringing BACK customers. SWGOH does not do that, was just trying to bring some attention to the topic. Also, I gave the examples of my old guild mates and myself because that is the experience I have and thought it would help people understand why from a player's perspective that this is something that could help.

@Huatimus thanks for the link mate :) apparently my search prior to posting wasn't deep enough.

@ThePenguin77 i got him as well and have been saving gear, hopefully it pays off :)

I'll consider this closed since Devs haven't made any comments on the topic since I've been playing more. Appreciate those who gave informative feedback.

Cheers all
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

leef i guess I couldn't portray what I was looking for to you and you seem to be drawing conclusions to why I was seeing if this was something that was going to happen. Many games that have long term development goals have ways of bringing BACK customers. SWGOH does not do that, was just trying to bring some attention to the topic. Also, I gave the examples of my old guild mates and myself because that is the experience I have and thought it would help people understand why from a player's perspective that this is something that could help.

Well, if you mean something entirely different than what you're actually posting it's hard to have a discussion about any topic or subject. I only responded to what you said, not to what you might have meant.
    I simply disagree that your suggestion would benefit the game as a whole, but i obviously understand that it would be rather helpfull for players in a similar situation as yourself. As for bringing back customers in a progression based game, the only place you compete with players who started around the same time you did is in arena. The other game modes are all based on GP or on the guild you chose to be in. (even fleet arena is/was based on GP at the time it got released). So yea, having to battle your way back to the top in arena, wich is relatively easy, isn't the end of the world.
  • I know this is vague developer talk but you realize your posted aource for no leaderboard shuffles was in April 2016, about a year and a half ago and it says "no plans at this time" ?

@Huatimus
    Just to (hopefully) close this out, I wanted to reconfirm that:
    1. The game doesn't have separate servers or shards, but actually different leaderboards
    2. We haven't merged leaderboards or culled them for less active players or anything like that
    3. We currently have no plans to merge, cull, etc. leaderboards. However, if that changes the players will be well notified.

April 2016 hardly seems like "current" anymore
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • I know this is vague developer talk but you realize your posted aource for no leaderboard shuffles was in April 2016, about a year and a half ago and it says "no plans at this time" ?

@Huatimus
    Just to (hopefully) close this out, I wanted to reconfirm that:
    1. The game doesn't have separate servers or shards, but actually different leaderboards
    2. We haven't merged leaderboards or culled them for less active players or anything like that
    3. We currently have no plans to merge, cull, etc. leaderboards. However, if that changes the players will be well notified.

April 2016 hardly seems like "current" anymore

That was the point I made above...
    Personally, I find that the initial shard system is fine, as people initially have 0 days played so a starting shard makes sense.

Once you are 6 months, a year, or more it seems to me that it makes more sense to rerank based on either GP or total days logged in.

Or have an inactive flag for people who don't log in for X days, which removes them from the leaderboards... And then reassign them when they come back.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Blizzisme wrote: »
    Once you are 6 months, a year, or more it seems to me that it makes more sense to rerank based on either GP or total days logged in.

People want to get ahead of those they are competing against. They spend money to get ahead of them. It would make that spending meaningless if they were then placed on what would effectively be "whale shards" with all the other people with high GP for their length of play. It's very unlikely they would do something that removes one of the incentives to spend like this.
  • Liath wrote: »

People want to get ahead of those they are competing against. They spend money to get ahead of them. It would make that spending meaningless if they were then placed on what would effectively be "whale shards" with all the other people with high GP for their length of play. It's very unlikely they would do something that removes one of the incentives to spend like this.

This is precisely why they won't (and shouldn't) do it. It takes away incentive to spend - either time or money.

This game operates on a high level of "fear of falling behind". It's has been that way for 2+ years. It's not going to change.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Leaving for a while doesnt really handicap a person that much. As soon as the meta shifts, things even out again and those who stay ahead of the curve will prosper the most. For example having cls or jt rey are far more important than a luminara or darth maul that might have been meta at one point. Arena is based on 5 toons, so a 1m gp person can compete with a 3m gp if they have the right toons.
  • scuba
    14044 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »

Returning customers is crucial for business. And also, there wiuld be zero advantage for taking a break since you stay stagnant, not sure how you gathered that. Thanks for the flame tho.
    I didn't say there would be an advantage I said you wanted one.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »

This is precisely why they won't (and shouldn't) do it. It takes away incentive to spend - either time or money.

This game operates on a high level of "fear of falling behind". It's has been that way for 2+ years. It's not going to change.

Actually people don't spend at the top. No need to with current arena rank system. Everyone takes turns. A shake up would make it competitive. Currently it dosent give Whales an advantage. If they shook up arenas regularly spending to get to the top would be beneficial. The biggest problem with shaking up arenas is actually starting placement. Would you randomize it? If so that would cause massive rage quitting. Other options would be a tournament style event. Not looking forward to that. We all know how that would go. Mabe arena gp or total gp. That again would cause rage quitting from light spenders. I don't know how they would possibly come up with a fair starting point I think that's the real issue.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    I wonder if the best idea would be graduate people at level 85 to a global shard. Have the top xk of all players get rewards above the current 1st place (growing slowly). If your shard has been diminished in numbers by graduates top place can be reduced progressively. Once you graduate into the global shard you start at the bottom and work your way up.

Possibly instead you could have it that once you get a gear xii piece you graduate into the global shard.

Possibly make it optional you can stay in your current shard as rewards fall as people hit 85k and graduate to the global shard.
  • Naraic wrote: »
    I wonder if the best idea would be graduate people at level 85 to a global shard. Have the top xk of all players get rewards above the current 1st place (growing slowly). If your shard has been diminished in numbers by graduates top place can be reduced progressively. Once you graduate into the global shard you start at the bottom and work your way up.

Possibly instead you could have it that once you get a gear xii piece you graduate into the global shard.

Possibly make it optional you can stay in your current shard as rewards fall as people hit 85k and graduate to the global shard.

I agree, graduate them out and put them in tiers by total character GP.
This discussion has been closed.