Empire Team Lead Question

Is Veers the best empire team based around troopers?

Replies

• For what use? Arena? Raiding? TB? TW?

From what I've observed and heard, Thrawn is the all around best leader for Empire.
  • What’s good for arena and raids
  • Woodroward wrote: »
    For what use? Arena? Raiding? TB? TW?

From what I've observed and heard, Thrawn is the all around best leader for Empire.

I've heard the same except for troopers. Don't really know though. I never geared my thrawn.
  • I would wait for a hard core empire fan for more info before deciding. Thrawn is worth gearing if you have him. He is one of the few plug and play dark side toons. If your running straight troopers I don't think there is room for him though.
  • My current team is Veers lead, SHore t, death t, storm t, and krennic.

All of the above are 7*

Snow trooper is 6* and Magma is only 5*

Thrawn is still undergeared atm
  • Level up thrawn. He’s an absolute beast and can cleanse and give 40% protection to target ally essentially keeping your team alive. And fracture will put the brakes on any toon
  • I think we all are sure, that Thrawn ist the best Darkside Char ingame and maybe he is the best over all Empire Leader.

But is he better than Veers is in an imperial trooper squad?

I think Thrawn is slightly better. There is a really strong empire team out there -->

Thrawn - Shore Trooper - Stormtrooper - Deathtrooper - Krennic

That team is awesome, but it is more a hybrid team in my mind.

Adding Snowtrooper to the table would make Veers more viable than Thrawn, perhaps.
  • Krennic lead is worthy of the conversation as well.
  • Sith1
    314 posts Member
    If your looking for arena you’ll want a zeta on thrawns leadership run storm, shore, zeta dt and krennic if your looking for an empire team for haat run zeta veers with snow, dt, stark and storm or shore for p4
  • Lesspopmorefizz
    124 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Wrotton wrote: »
    Is Veers the best empire team based around troopers?

Thrawn. Veers best attribute and his zeta are tied to his unique, not his lead.

His leader ability is actually rather pedestrian. It’s fine for full troopers for DSTB type stuff, or for HAAT, but in the arena or when you have the freedom to run a mixed empire squad, Thrawn or Krennic will do much more for you as a lead.

For arena:

Thrawn, Shore, Storm, Death +1 (usually Krennic, but can be Veers for anti-NS stuff, Or Tarkin it DN if you don’t have the others, though the comp suffers.)

For Territory Battles:
    Krennic Lead, Storm, Death, Snow, Veers. (Storm can be swapped for Shore, YMMV between the two.)

Alternately

Veers Lead, Storm, Snow, Starck +1 (Deathtrooper is Best, but you may want to pair him with Krennic in another squad; Shore works, but it’s more defensive than the comp really wants in that five spot. Magma is probably ideal but is a gear hog.)

For Raids (specifically HAAT):
    P3:
    Thrawn lead, Shore, Tarkin, and Your Choice of either Krennic/Jyn or CLS/Palp (I must say I’m a fan of how those combos work out.)

P4:
    Veers Lead, Storm, Death, Starck, Snow
  • What’s P3 and P4?
  • Riggler
    21 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I use L zVeers shore zkrennic zDT thrawn, swap snow for thrawn against NS team. I’m always in the top 50 of my shard 20 occasionally.
  • Wrotton wrote: »
    What’s P3 and P4?

The tank raid has four phases. You’d want to use a different team for each phase, as the mechanics and strategy are different in each.
  • Veers lead is really solid for a pure troopers squad. +30% offense, +20 speed, & 10% TM per buff is no joke, but yeah, Thrawn is best mixed empire lead.