Jedi Team

I was wanting to make a team of Jedi Using Ima-Gun Di, Anakin, Ahsoka, Hermit yoda, and Aayla Secura. Is this team Viable at all? If not, what set up do you recommend? I have all Jedi except Barris and General Kenobi.

Replies

• Options
    Moved to Strategy
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Decent Jedi team. But I would be happy to battle that team. Stun/Daze them, kill Anakin first, then kill daze/stunned Aayla, kill Ahsoka, IGD. Bye goes Yoda. But the only two Jedis you don't have will make the team much much much better.
    Could add old ben and ezra. And grand master yoda too probably.
    GMY lead Ezra Old Ben Aayla HY
    Or GMY Ezra Old Ben Kanan HY
    or Anakin Old Ben Ezra Kanan HY
    or Anakin Old Ben Ezra GMY HY
    Post edited by Anakin_Skywalker on
  • Options
    I’ve run a ZQGJ lead, Ezra, GK, CLS, Thrawn which isn’t a pure Jedi squad but demolished the RJT teams and CLS teams
  • Options
    IGD is just too slow to be relevant I find. Old Ben or Ezra would be better but the Jedi just aren't strong enough to compete at the moment
  • Options
    Collii wrote: »
    IGD is just too slow to be relevant I find. Old Ben or Ezra would be better but the Jedi just aren't strong enough to compete at the moment

This.
  • Options
    Collii wrote: »

Agreed. I've been playing Jedi in arena since I started May 17, and there was me and one other guy running QGJ leads sticking around in the top 20, but since the JTR and last CLS event that guy already switched to another squad and I'm getting pushed back much further in arena than I have been the last couple months. Pure Jedi just aren't competitive vs most of stuff released or that received reworks from around CLS release and beyond. I'll be hanging up the towel on Jedi soon as I throw a few more gear levels on my replacement squad...maybe Jedi will get some reworks and new characters this year to make them competitive again, but its not really a faction I'd recommend to someone for arena at the moment.
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    In my shard there is not a single Jedi character except GK/Barriss/Old Ben/Phoenix on the top 50 leaderboard. We don't have Hermit Yoda yet. First I thought it's just because Jedi is not meta and many people don't like using non meta teams. One day I fell by 100 ranks and went down to 150s. That was when the R2 and CLS event came back in December, and I shifted my arena team to my Empire team, because I had moved all my mods to Empire for a short term. What was surprising was not only the fact that a team of full Empire (Tarkin, Vader, TFP, RG, Storm) is way worse than my original arena team (random guys thrown in: Boba lead, Kylo, DN, Tarkin, R2), but also the fact that there acrtually were a lot of people using Jedi in my shard. zQGJ, IGD, Aayla, Yoda, Anakin, etc... they were all there. And with my Empire team I couldn't beat any other teams reliably, but the zQGJ teams were the exception. I could easily win them even with my very bad team. Then I just realized the current status of Jedi is. Again, there are few exceptional Jedi, such as GK and Barriss, even Hermit and the Phoenix duo, but overall as a faction, they are really, really bad. And now that Jedi Rey became the meta, even Barriss is out of favor.
  • Options
    I was mostly hoping to have the team for HAAT and GW, so does that change their usefullness at all?
  • Options
    My phoenix team auto most of GW for me, but for HAAT they aren't much use. U would do better to put the gear elsewhere for HAAT
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    I was mostly hoping to have the team for HAAT and GW, so does that change their usefullness at all?

I'm sure you can use them in a phase of haat and get your 2% in a phase if that's what you mean but it's not going to do significantly more than that.

Could be nice to have a different team in galactic war. At higher tier level 85 gw is fairly easy so you don't need various teams but if they change gw again it will be nice to be ready.
  • Options
    Naraic wrote: »

I'm sure you can use them in a phase of haat and get your 2% in a phase if that's what you mean but it's not going to do significantly more than that.

is there a Jedi Team that would be effective in HAAT that i could set up?

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

Jedi can get their 2% in p1 HAAT, but that's not really very relevant anymore with all the teams soloing multiple phases. There are much better options if you're looking to do well in the raid. Same for GW, I think. zFinn is a fantastic team for both of these modes if you are struggling.