Does anyone use their last PvP to switch to a defense squad

Naraic
2243 posts Member
Basic question does anyone do four or nine (with one refresh) PvP attempts then use the final PvP attempt to switch their squad for defense.

If so what teams do you use. Does it differ significantly from your offense team?

Replies

• Kinda like i wonder ppl who run resistance if they switch pilot for rey, maybe?
  • usually best offense is best defense
  • Nothing really holds on defense anymore, especially in the top 50. Nobody in my shard chat does this anymore that I am aware of.
  • I swap r2 and zavage for wiggs to speed up my offense battles and make sure I have them switched back on my last fight
  • If I swap in Chaze to get past zombie, I'll switch back to r2 zolo with my last attack
  • Yeah if you run the cheap NS team of a 70k GP, it tends to hold well on defense against full G12 squads :-))

No, I don’t change teams. Put your best/fastest offensive squad in and leave it.

If there was a defensive squad that actually worked, everyone would run it and ranks wouldn’t change ;-)
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    i don't, too much effort.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • I think if you run a different or unique team it could be wise to switch to a meta team at the end. People want to fight different teams so you’d naturally stick out and be a target. If you fit in to the norm then you’re less of a target.
  • I used to. Since I don't spend a bunch of money on the game, I take a long time to farm up new teams when the meta shifts. Often my new team will be better than my old team on offense but terrible on defense, so I would do four matches with them and then the final match with my old team so I held ground a little better overnight.

Eventually the new team eclipses the old team and they stay in. Droids replaced my mish-mash from when I was leveling, jedi replaced droids, resistance replaced jedi. Currently working on Luke-led rebels to replace resistance, and the world just keeps turning.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • fmf
    38 posts Member
    I do, but I think the effect is more psychological than anything else. Like someone else said earlier, no team really holds on defense, but I think there are definitely teams that people look at and think "I can beat that, but it'll be annoying / take a long time." Those are the ones I try to leave on defense.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    i don't, too much effort.

This. Same thing with switching mods. Generally the only time I do that is if needed to beat an event for the first time.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • What’s a defensive squad?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    What’s a defensive squad?

A team that you think is more likely to hold on defense because it's hard for other people to beat. There was a time when this was a big strategy, putting in teams known as "timeout" teams because they didn't do much damage but were really hard to beat in 5 minutes. That was before we got 4x speed and some really high damage characters.
  • With Titans, I used zolo vs. other CLS teams and DN against GK/Zarriss. I found on my shard that leaving zolo in tended to hold better. Now I run JTR and switch around my back two quite a bit for testing/fun, but I try to fight with double-Kenobi as my last battle of the day.