It s an injustice the high difficulty of the last level of CLS

Prev1
How is it possible that the last level of Commander Luke Skywalker's event is so difficult? It is difficult enough to have the characters to 7 stars so that the battle is also difficult. I have 50 thousand of power among the 4 and I will not be able to have it. I have changed all the mods but there is no way. A shame and a joke.

Replies

• Options
    What's your gear level? That makes a huge difference
  • Options
    Leia Luke R2 VIII and Han IX. I think that should be enough
  • Options
    I did it with STH lead at 85, R2 at 85, Luke at 84 and Leia at 83. It took a few tries after I got them to there. A couple gear 7, 1 gear 8 and STH at gear 9. I also had omegas on R2 and Han for it.

All I can offer is use STH for lead, don't use his taunt (except if there's only one left) and expect that even if they're all at level 80, they won't survive. I put massive speed on them (200ish), picked extra protection and health stats on mods, and it was still tough.

Remember, Recommended "Isn't"....
  • Options
    I put speed mods and all the best that I have but it is not enough. I will keep trying..
  • Options
    I did it with all 4 at gear 9 and lvl85. Took about thirty tries and also had to move some mods around but got it done
  • Options
    I wouldn't be so concerned about "only" speed though. Make sure they have plenty of protection and health on those mods, whether primary or secondary stats. Don't expect to just walk in the first time and knock it out no big deal. The RNG will refuse to let you do that. I had to retreat and restart a few times, but finally got lucky rolls and made it through. But, when I did, R2 and Leia were still up and hanging by a thread.

Good luck, I feel your pain but you can get it, same as others have felt. (You got seven star R2 and to me that was wayyyyyy tougher than this final tier. lol)
  • Rimzo
    120 posts Member
    Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    (You got seven star R2 and to me that was wayyyyyy tougher than this final tier. lol)

This is the truth. Just play it on auto 1776 times and you’ll eventually get it.
  • Options
    I will try, my friend. And yes, the R2 event was difficult too. Haha
  • Options
    Do you recommend me in automatic? jaaja
  • Options
    I did it with mine at gear 9, it was tricky but RNG does play a deciding factor.

I put Han as lead and nailed it after about 8-9 tries. It helps to use R2 and Leia both in Stealth to give the team some cover and take advantage of Luke's stun shot.

None of mine were particularly high on speed, I think about the 140/150 mark but it should be possible with your crew. Good Luck.
  • Exwin
    19 posts Member
    Options
    It's all RNG too. I remember I tried it at least 50 times one day and got wrecked but one morning on the first try, I beat it. Just keep trying. He is worth it
  • Bz183
    170 posts Member
    Options
    What's the speed on your team?
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Took me three tries, Han and R2 at g9, Luke at g8, Leia at g10, leftover health set mods on all four. Used Leia as my leader for the crits, won with just Leia left, but it wasn't that bad. EDIT: No zetas on anyone, but all Leia and Han's abilities were omega'd, and I think only R2's stun is omega. None for Luke, Farmboy is mudkips trash tier.

The frustrating thing is your kill priority is determined by who you're allowed to attack when taunts are up. Otherwise it's doable. Just keep at it.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    It should be tough he is one of the best characters in the game. I personally was surprised at the low difficulty they should have made it harder.
  • Options
    Seriously, think about your opening statement for a Legendary character. Did you think you were just going to be handed Luke because you met requirements? At least they didn’t make you kill HRancor 20 times in GS1 and 1*mods, solo. Or do 150 daily quests 150 days in a row. I can think of a million things blizzard makes you do for Legendary stuff that are worse than the requirements here.
  • Options
    I had gear 9 R2, Storm Han, and luke then gear 8 leia. the first try they had no mods and the got smashed the second try i put my arena mods on and got it easily. In my opinion the R2 event was harder.
  • Options
    I thought the CLS tiers were a lot easier than the r2 or palp tiers /shrug
  • Options
    CLS teir was easy used Jan lvl 85 gear 9 as lead r2 was gear 10 and rest we're 85 gear 8 and breezed through it nothing like Thrawn
  • Options
    I used Han (lead if possible) and R2 (with 2nd zeta) G10, the others G9, all lv85 and omega skills, no mods. Had to try a second time with the last stage, but the others were easy.

Thrawn's 7* stages are much more difficult imo
  • Riegorn
    100 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Yes it is injustice that after so many months you are not ready and complains, the event as a whole is lot easier than thrawn, palp or even R2, none of the characters is a hard farm and they are all fairly easy to gear. Not like the phoenix gearing nightmare. Also people need to stop thinking that G8 characters for events is the 'required' or its strong enough. Its enough only with god mods and really good rng, G9 is a sweet spot, G10 is easy mode. Check what gear you need on them to get them higher and if you can get them higher before the end of the event, level up their abilities, omega the most important abilities, recheck if you have your mods distributed between them perfectly and keep trying.
  • Options
    Had all at G9 and lvl 85 decent mods took 3 tries on the final
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    It is an injustice the high level of the sense of entitlement.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    For just about all the events, being at all G8 and one G9, you're set up to fail and only RNG will save you at this point.

Good luck, if you don't shell out some cash now to boost your squad you'll be screwed for another 4-6 months without CLS
  • Options
    I thought it was incredibly easy compared to other end-game events. Certainly assault battles are much higher, and it was a cakewalk compared to Thrawn or BB-8.
  • Tno37
    86 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    You should try harder to get the team geared up. These g8 toons just don't work out all the time Unless your mods are perfect and RNGESUS smiles down on you :'(
  • Options
    This was a cakewalk but mine were all g10 and g11, it's balanced well imo, you shouldn't get everything for just having some decent g8 toons
  • Options
    @ComandanteJ You might consider adding gear to Leia and R2. They are very useful in the game outside of this event and your game will benefit all around from gearing those two. Absolutely worth it..
  • Aphron3109
    2 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Sthan g9 protection and health mods, r2 was g10 potency and speed mods, farmboy was g8 one piece from g9 with no mods, leia was g8 with speed mods, r2 really shined at the end it was r2 and leia alive. All abilities were 7, basic on leia was omegad, all of r2 was omega with number crunch zeta. Took 3 tries. Tried to stun with r2 every time stealth wasn’t available, helped counter damage so could take one at a time easier, good luck! Leia was always stealthed, hardly seemed to do more than one shot at a time..
  • Options
    This makes me glad I had STHAN at gear 11 from way back when I used him in arena. I blew through the event on the first try. R2 at gear 10 helped too
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Options
    I found the hardest tier to be the luke and sth by themselves even then switched around some mods and it was pretty easy fyi r2 was the only g9 everyone else g8 no zetas ran leia lead to get more stuns out of farm boy I've done this event on both my accounts and it's easier than any of the legendary events except for maybe yoda