Sith arena strategy

My team consists of nihilus (lead), Vader , Boba, sidius and dooku. Up until recently I would easily take out Phoenix squads. Now, since I reached lvl 75, it’s like 33% success rate. Anyone have tips? I usually go for chopper first since he taunts right away and has fewer HPs than Kanan. Also any tips for beating nightsisters would be appreciated too!

Thanks

Replies

• Zetas. Drop Vader for savage, get Trooper and replace boba. Then swap Sid for Palp and you’ll wreck Phoenix and NS with enough gear. That’s a lot of work. Sid is great for GW and events with a zeta but too squishy in arena. Vader is too slow and doesn’t do any damage.

For Phoenix take out Hera first, then Ezra and Zeb. Chopper and Kanan don’t do enough damage to cause you troubles.

For NS take out Daka and Talzin first, then ventress. If they run Zombie and Acolyte you must take Acolyte out any chance you get. The AOE of most Sith will help with that.

Sith are very fun but not top Arena quality but can serve you well at your level for a while. If we get our rework of Palp/Sid/Vader they might be ok again. A lot of people will tell you to get Maul and Assassin but my opinion is they die too easily, you want damage, speed, and survivability under DN lead.
  • Put all your fastest mods on Boba. His Ability Block AoE will get him killed, but he'll return and it'll buy you enough time to kill Hera before Chopper/Kanan can taunt.
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    try diffrerent lead than dn. kill ezra first with boba execute. dont use anyones aoe. unless kanan is dead.
    by the time annihilate is charged, use it on kanan. you must annihilate kanan. If you cant becuase of choppers taunt, wait one more turn and kill kanan.
    after that it's just so so easy. Annihilating Kanan is the key
  • Sacull_Kinslayer
    797 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    You need sith assassin and sith trooper. Even at 3* they are amazing with DN at your level. And will waste Phoenix

DN, SA, SiT, dooku, and a 5th sith
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    What's your problem, are they killing you too quickly or are they timing you out. You've 4 guys with aoe based abilities (including Nihilus's that does no damage) are you being countered to death?

Phoenix squad recovers health when they suffer a debuffs and you have a lot of guys that do debuffs.

Phoenix squad presents different challenges to different people. What is your problem.
  • Kramer512
    24 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Naraic wrote: »
    What's your problem, are they killing you too quickly or are they timing you out. You've 4 guys with aoe based abilities (including Nihilus's that does no damage) are you being countered to death?

Phoenix squad recovers health when they suffer a debuffs and you have a lot of guys that do debuffs.

Phoenix squad presents different challenges to different people. What is your problem.

I never time out against them. They usually keep taunting back and forth until they pick off a couple of my stronger sith toons. If dooku and Vader/Nihilus die im toast. They also have so much health and recover a lot that it makes it difficult to pick off Ezra quickly.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Kramer512 wrote: »
    Naraic wrote: »

I never time out against them. They usually keep taunting back and forth until they pick off a couple of my stronger sith toons. If dooku and Vader/Nihilus die im toast. They also have so much health and recover a lot that it makes it difficult to pick off Ezra quickly.

Are you taking a lot of damage from the counter attack on Kanan and all following him? That seems your biggest weakness to me. I'd try and focus on chopper he is kind of squishy for a taunter and a lot of their recovery comes from him. At ability level 7 11% health when on their turn and 11% protection when hit.

How tanky and fast can you mod your Nihilus. If you get in before taunts and put the ability delay on them and kill chopper and anihalte Kanan it should be easy from there. If you can stun Kanan with dooku to stop him taunting it gives you the time to focus down chopper.

• Put all your fastest mods on Boba. His Ability Block AoE will get him killed, but he'll return and it'll buy you enough time to kill Hera before Chopper/Kanan can taunt.

If I kill Hera do the rest of her allies lose each other’s unique ability?
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Put all your fastest mods on Boba. His Ability Block AoE will get him killed, but he'll return and it'll buy you enough time to kill Hera before Chopper/Kanan can taunt.

No that stays for the fight. I presume he wants her dead because of last stand.
  • Naraic wrote: »
    Put all your fastest mods on Boba. His Ability Block AoE will get him killed, but he'll return and it'll buy you enough time to kill Hera before Chopper/Kanan can taunt.

No that stays for the fight. I presume he wants her dead because of last stand.

Well that and her exposes rip through DN lead Sith. Plus their TM gain on Special is only if she is alive, so taking her out removes a ton of their TM gain.
  • Cool thanks for the tips. I’ll see what new strategy works best/consistently.
  • @Kramer512 Your team is generating a lot of AOE which causes Phoenix to counter. I’d get a toon or two that can either inflict daze like DT, mass stun or high single attack damage
  • He's not a sith but if you have Thrawn, fracture Hera or Kanaan (if he's zeta'ed) and Phoenix or NS will be done. I think Thrawn at 5, 6 or 7* is viable as long as his speed is up and he gets his turn.

Best scenario is Fracture, Boba AB to stop specials, EP stun (make sure his potency is up). If you can get Maul's AOE then you can daze and they won't counter attack but usually Maul isn't that fast. Boba may lose a life upon his AOE but he'll recover. Be patient with Boba's annihilate or Vader's culling blade until right time as those will dispel the debuffs/stun. Eventually you'll be able to one shot them.
  • Awesome tips guys. I’m glad to report I’m 5-0 on the day. The major difference is getting bobas AB out. Then I take out either chopper or Ezra quickly.