Theorycrafting possible KRU Team that could be very solid?

gpeeee
126 posts Member
KRU Lead, FOST, General Kenobi, Nihilus and maybe Thrawn?
Seems to have quite a tough set up to hide behind for Nihilus with KRU's survivability as well as Kenobi and FOST. What do you guys think? I know it's not an easy team to get, but just trying to think of something against the norm to take down the Reys and CLS'.

Replies

• Since there is not much sinergy with only 2 FO toons, how about replacing FOST for Zarris (L)? That would add more to a "defend Nihilus" kind of team I think
  • hS_
    55 posts Member
    I'd say 3 tanks is a crowd unless they all hit 15k with basic. Toss FOTP out and put some other high priority target character there that supports Nihilus/team or is equal threat, like Wampa. Since CLS can quite easily ignore taunts or debuff them. After Nihilus is down that team has 0 threat.
  • Lol wow I actually just switched to this exact team recently. So far I love it!!! but I will get back to you on how effective it is over time and against different team combos. I’ve only had a couple battles so far. We’ll see how it holds on defense as well. Currently in 11th, moving up for payout soon.

KRU: 6* G11 both zetas (about 20 shards from 7*)
    Fost: G12 zeta
    GK: 7* G11
    Nihilus: G12 zeta
    Thrawn 5* G11 zeta (my Phoenix are ready to 7* him next go..)
  • DarthApok
    277 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I’ll try and get some vids up btw. I’ve never used screen recording so give me some time to figure it out lol.
    hS_ wrote: »
    I'd say 3 tanks is a crowd unless they all hit 15k with basic. Toss FOTP out and put some other high priority target character there that supports Nihilus/team or is equal threat, like Wampa. Since CLS can quite easily ignore taunts or debuff them. After Nihilus is down that team has 0 threat.

This is true, but what team is perfect on defense? Every team can be beaten so as long as it’s effective on offense is all that matters. But having a different team does make you a target so you could lose more rank. People want to fight different teams so you’d naturally be a target.
  • Maybe I haven’t modded KRu properly but i haven’t been impressed with him in arena. He does ok in Tb/TW.
  • mlb1399 wrote: »
    Maybe I haven’t modded KRu properly but i haven’t been impressed with him in arena. He does ok in Tb/TW.

He’s pretty squishy for a tank until 7* g12 I think. 6* as I have him, he seems to be holding up ok. But as lead he does have plenty of health/protection regain so he’s a bit tankier then he looks. Paired with GK he gets crit immunity which makes him much tougher to take down.
  • The big problem that you'll have is that a good Rey team will have R2 applying smokescreen well before any of your characters move. I'd recommend looking into using a mass dispeller to remove that stealth so you can use thrawn and fracture Rey as soon as possible
  • The big problem that you'll have is that a good Rey team will have R2 applying smokescreen well before any of your characters move. I'd recommend looking into using a mass dispeller to remove that stealth so you can use thrawn and fracture Rey as soon as possible

Chaze could work then. KRU, Chaze, Thrawn, Nihilus. Would probably work just as well. Might give it a shot myself..
  • @DarthApok mines g12 and 7*
  • I'm currently using KRU lead, Kylo, Nihilus, GK, and Savage. KRU is 6* g11, everyone else g12, all zetas on everyone. It holds really well on defense in the top 20 on a March 16 shard. I usually only lose a couple matches on defense in a given day. I'm pretty pleased with it. It does great against NS and CLS, but I have trouble with JTR. In a couple days I'm going to throw Luke in Savage's place. I also want to toy with Subbing in Barriss or Wampa, but I'm not sure what lineup would be best. I've also thoyght about FOST to replace GK. I have him zetad but not geared up. That leader ability makes both Kylos able to soak up insane amounts of damage, so I assume it works well on FOST too.