Which packs are worth buying for a starting out p2p player? (Hoth Rescue Bundle 9,99)

A few questions about the Hoth Rescue Bundle:
- It says it requires 80 shards to make Captain Han Solo yet you only get 40 in the pack?
- The pack says "Includes materials sufficient to power up Captain Han Solo" yet only has 40/80, is this misinformation?

Which packs are worth it as I go?

Replies

• Never buy a pack that shows 40/80 shards. Except you have the other 40 shards or can farm them.
    Better buy packages which offers a complete character + equipment. There are a lot which are offered for limited who are worth it.
    Little tip: Search in youtube, there are plenty worth it videos.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    The materials to power up refers to the ability materials, gear and credits. It's sufficient to power him up once you have him (I assume, I haven't looked that closely), but you have to have him first, and the pack doesn't give him to you as you noticed.

Many people seem to think that the $5 starter bundles are worth it.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    If you're kinda lazy/impatient, 40 Cap'n Solo shards for 9.99 USD isn't a bad deal. I bought it after I was 40 shards from 6*ing him.

Speeds it up and you pay about the same amount of crystals for total 13x refeshes (3x a day spread over about 4 days) to get roughly same amount of shards.

I'm was fine with leaving that loser at 5* but I'm just 7*ing him in case I need him for ROTJ Luke. The TB node that requires 7* Cap Solo is pretty tough from what I've read and the payout is dismal for the amount of gear you have to put in him and Leia 2.0.

Good luck.
  • When just starting is literally the only time the chromiums are worth it.
  • Buy like 10x chromium. Start farming whichever meta you get lucky and get. Then buy a shitload of energy refreshes until 85. Keep your gear maxed on arena toons. Don’t neglect pilots.

This would be my advice to a young whale/ dolphin.
  • When the Hoth Rescue Bundle was first introduced, there was only one guild event: the Light Side Territory Battle which requires Captain Han for a certain mission that also requires Hoth Rebel Soldier (a character which takes a long time to upgrade to a level that's eligible for the mission, unless you have the good luck to pull him repeatedly from Chromium Cards).

The Light Side TB event was initially a weekly occurrence. Now after the addition of the Dark Side Territory Battle and Territory Wars to guild events, the occurrence of Light Side TBs is reduced to once every few weeks.

Whether the Hoth Rescue Bundle represents good value for money is a question you have to answer for yourself, but those are the relevant facts. It's a bundle for a character whose main purpose is to fight in an event that occurs once every few weeks.
  • A few questions about the Hoth Rescue Bundle:
    - It says it requires 80 shards to make Captain Han Solo yet you only get 40 in the pack?
    - The pack says "Includes materials sufficient to power up Captain Han Solo" yet only has 40/80, is this misinformation?

Which packs are worth it as I go?

Both 4.99 starter packs and anything that guarantees characters for 9.99 or under like the fulcrum ahsoka pack. Depends on your flavor of toons but the starters are a must imo. The boba pop up for 8.99 if you see it too.
  • Captain Han is excellent in the right squad, and that pack is worth it to supplement farming him quickly. As a new player, there are a lot of areas that will need to be worked on first, and he is unfarmable for awhile, so that pack should probably wait quite awhile. Although, since he is required to get shards for officer leia, he makes you slightly more valuable to your guild, should you want to buy two packs. It's all subjective. And it depends how much you're willing to spend. If you're planning on being a whale, just buy loads of crystals to use on individual shards and gear. If you're deal-hunting, be patient and keep asking questions.