Tie Fighter Dodge

Prev1
How is Tie Fighter's ability to dodge calculated?

My general observation is that a higher geared / powered / leveled pilot and ship will dodge more often Vs a lower level ship shooting at it. I've also seen that when Tie Fighter shoots a ship with counter attack, the counter seems to be dodged very often. I don't know if this observation is truly a game dynamic though.

However dodge is explained as a chance %. Kind of implies a raw chance regardless of levels involved. Some ship attacks of course can't be dodged. And, target lock doesn't seem to change the dodge ability at all.

Replies

• Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Higher powered TIE Fighters have higher dodge%. Just click on the stats and see for yourself.
  • Huatimus wrote: »
    Higher powered TIE Fighters have higher dodge%. Just click on the stats and see for yourself.

Yes, I know that part.

Are you saying the quality of the opponent has nothing to do with the actual calculation for whether or not the Tie Fighter dodges or not?
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    There is a level delta component for Potency checks(E.g. Target Lock) 5% difference to a maximum of 6 levels(30%). As for dodge, I have been informed that there is no level delta component.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Tie Advanced is very rarely dodged by Tie Fighter. Didn't check its stats, but it might have high accuracy.
  • Easy math here. If the Tie Fighter is controlled by the AI, there's a 95% chance it'll dodge. If the Tie Fighter is controlled by you, there's a 5% chance it'll dodge.

Simple enough? ;-)
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »
    Tie Advanced is very rarely dodged by Tie Fighter. Didn't check its stats, but it might have high accuracy.

TIE Advanced basic cannot be dodged. It's written on the Ability, it'd be a bug if you actually see it being dodged.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Huatimus wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »

TIE Advanced basic cannot be dodged. It's written on the Ability, it'd be a bug if you actually see it being dodged.

That's the reason, then :—).

I always avoid hitting Tie Fighter with anything else than Tie Advanced and various AoE until it's time to kill it.
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Easy math here. If the Tie Fighter is controlled by the AI, there's a 95% chance it'll dodge. If the Tie Fighter is controlled by you, there's a 5% chance it'll dodge.

Simple enough? ;-)

This! AI got four straight dodges against me today, lol!
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    I always target it first because I like a challenge. ;)
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Opponent Tie Fighter: dodge, dodge, dodge, dodge.

My Tie Fighter: hit, hit, hit, destroyed.

• Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    One of good ways to deal with it is to use Vader's special on Imperial TIE to inflict evasion down debuff.
    Or you could use Vader basic or Poe's special on it.

Other than that, her dodge chance is solely based on the specified dodge chance (physical/special). If physical dodge chance is higher than special dodge chance, than it should be better to hit her with special damage attacks. Plain and simple.
  • One of good ways to deal with it is to use Vader's special on Imperial TIE to inflict evasion down debuff.
    Or you could use Vader basic or Poe's special on it.

Other than that, her dodge chance is solely based on the specified dodge chance (physical/special). If physical dodge chance is higher than special dodge chance, than it should be better to hit her with special damage attacks. Plain and simple.

Its Evasion chance is the same for both Dodge/Deflection (Physical/Special).
  • The TIE Fighter has a 40% Dodge chance
  • swgohfan29 wrote: »
    The TIE Fighter has a 40% Dodge chance

It's a lot closer to 50% if you ask me, a max out TIE Fighter has 47.42% Evasion.
  • Sza_Bo wrote: »
    Opponent Tie Fighter: dodge, dodge, dodge, dodge.

My Tie Fighter: hit, hit, hit, destroyed.

That's how it goes for me, too. I think it's calculated so that defense TF dodge = 100%, offense TF dodge = 10%
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Easy math here. If the Tie Fighter is controlled by the AI, there's a 95% chance it'll dodge. If the Tie Fighter is controlled by you, there's a 5% chance it'll dodge.

Simple enough? ;-)

This is pretty much my experience. Same as my luck landing target lock vs. my opponent’s.
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    Easy solution - just leave tfp until last, then use Tarkin's special. Works every time.

Good luck with the other capital ships though!
  • CHFC22 wrote: »
    Easy solution - just leave tfp until last, then use Tarkin's special. Works every time.

Good luck with the other capital ships though!

I've lost matches this way, before I realized that several ships have un-dodgeable attacks. Use those instead.
  • scuba
    14042 posts Member
    Tfp dodge/deflection is 47%.
    45% of the 47% comes from crew contribution

So yes a higher developed TFP will give his TF more dodge/deflection than lower developed one.

When you look at a ships stats the number in ( ) is the contribution from the crew member(s) which is affected by crew member(s) development and shops star level.
  • scuba wrote: »

That's as believable as the raid escape mechanic having a 40% success rate. In the case of the Tie, it dodges way more than 47%, and in the case of escape it happens way less. I think the devs need to check their math.
  • scuba wrote: »

That's as believable as the raid escape mechanic having a 40% success rate. In the case of the Tie, it dodges way more than 47%, and in the case of escape it happens way less. I think the devs need to check their math.

By all means, publish the data that you've collected regarding the actual dodge rate of the Imperial TIE so that we can check the math and confirm your conclusion. Because when people see your data confirming that the long-term average dodge rate is "way more" than the stated dodge rate, perhaps CG will fix it.

...oh. You didn't actually collect any hard data? So, your assertion is based on what, exactly? Frustration with your poor performance, and confirmation bias, I'd imagine.

Listen, I'm often critical of EA/CG, and I'm not exactly a huge fan of their secrecy in regard to the built in RNG mechanism. But I'm just not a tinfoil hat guy, either. Generalized vague statements about how their stated stats are inherently wrong aren't helpful in the least. Have a feeling that something is broken with the stated game mechanics? Track it. You may find that it is, in fact, broken. If it is, absolutely report it. You'll help everybody and be a hero. Likely, you may be surprised to find that it is actually functioning how it's stated. In that case, you can change the strategies and tactics you employ in the game to benefit you. Win-Win.
  • My TFP dodges just as much as the cpu controlled team. There is a reason I use the scimitars special ability on it. Dodge, dodge, dodge and build up my capital ships turn meter.
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    Presaria wrote: »
    Whatelse73 wrote: »

Simple enough? ;-)

This! AI got four straight dodges against me today, lol!

I've seen 7 straight dodges one time :blush:
  • scuba
    14042 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »

I am just providing the numbers they give us. Not saying they are accurate.
  • I only target tie fighter with vader basic poe special or stealth bistan basic all are undodgeable unless he is the last man standing or I'm forced to target him by maul
  • Darthpedro wrote: »
    I only target tie fighter with vader basic poe special or stealth bistan basic all are undodgeable unless he is the last man standing or I'm forced to target him by maul

Stealth Bistan basic is currently bugged, I see Dodged quite often, has been reported in Answers HQ and flagged for review.
  • Huatimus wrote: »
    Darthpedro wrote: »
    I only target tie fighter with vader basic poe special or stealth bistan basic all are undodgeable unless he is the last man standing or I'm forced to target him by maul

Stealth Bistan basic is currently bugged, I see Dodged quite often, has been reported in Answers HQ and flagged for review.

It's bugged in that tfp will dodge but still take damage. The problem there is that the dodge is still feeding tm, but it'll still help take out the tfp.
  • i just realised that if youre opponents TIE keeps dodging and yours doesnt, its technically ok because it averages out to around 50% dodge chance
  • swgohfan29 wrote: »
    i just realised that if youre opponents TIE keeps dodging and yours doesnt, its technically ok because it averages out to around 50% dodge chance

Classic :) You got a good laugh out of me, followed by a few tears .....
  • The AI rate of TFP dodge is so broken it’s a joke. Every player knows this and we’ve been asking for a fix for awhile now.