February Events [MERGE]

Replies

• Creepioo wrote: »
    Wait so SA is login what does that mean? The whats ahead quote was from Palpatine to Ani. So i was expecting likely Palp and Vader Rework/zetas but now i have no idea. Where is SA even from? Same as SiT and Nihilus Kotor i think? So are we getting another character from there. Kozispoon did mention it was gonna be something like last feb(nihilus) right?

It can mean several different things:
    1. We are getting an event requiring specifically SA, presumably with some new Old Republic era character as a reward.
    2. We are getting an event requiring Sith in general, with whatever reward.
    3. Sith teams are presumed to be arena relevant again after the update so we are getting a good utility character as a daily reward.
    4. The choice of the daily reward is mostly random and means nothing.
  • Maybe I have a small chance of a BB8 - in February?
  • Sumbu wrote: »
    Maybe I have a small chance of a BB8 - in February?

No, the basketball is for march madness
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Creepioo
    598 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    @CorgiWolf most of the time the log in always means something. Tarkin empire-rework, Farmboy-heros journey, talia-ns rework, phasma-BB8, Rey-heroes journey ect.

Early on it didn't always means something but now usually always does.
  • FierceRevan
    1315 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Creepioo wrote: »
    @CorgiWolf most of the time the log in always means something. Tarkin empire-rework, Farmboy-heros journey, talia-ns rework, phasma-BB8, Rey-heroes journey ect.

Aka Sith rework
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • I don't know why but my immediate thought when I saw unnatural in red was Sion even though the quote wasn't by him or about him. These hints tend to be pretty straightforward most of the time. I settled down and figured it would be a toon needed for a hero's fall like JKA, a toon getting reworked like Vader or Sid. Choosing SA for login has me leaning towards a KOTOR era event/character(s) again. I really can't tell if I'm just seeing what I want to see though.

I feel like EP and Vader almost have to get some love this February in some way, but it may just be rework and be very similar to last year, with reworks for existing movie era sith and the introduction of new KOTOR era sith.

If that is the case, it feels like a guarantee that next year's dark side month will be Revan's time, but that also seems insanely predictable, uncharacteristically so.
  • Yeah. Hopefully theres no event specifically requiring SA and SiT and Nihilus and just a rework + possible marquee also
  • Creepioo wrote: »

Sure, that's why I only listed it as one of the options. Not likely to be the case, imo.
  • Oh right i didn't think that through
  • Sumbu wrote: »

@FierceRevan I always thought he looked more like a soccer ball and the world cup begins in June
  • I'd like it if there was. I will totally take rewards for investing in a particular faction in the form of new toons from that faction. I farmed SA and SiT and paid for Nihilus, all 7* g12, if I get a leg up on the next dark side month event for that, then awesome. Plus, I paid for KRU thinking he'd be a really hard farm before he went into cantina 3. I would feel a lot better if I got a "refund" in the form of getting to sit out on a panic farm lol.
  • You have to consider that the login reward toon is ALWAYS linked with the content/game update that will occur during the month.

So sadly we will get something linked with Siths... The same that got a rework exactly a year ago.
    And on the other side there are factions that have never been reworked like Separatists or Bounty Hunters. Priorities :)
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    One LS/DS TB per month makes me sad :/
  • Rojas wrote: »
    Sumbu wrote: »

@FierceRevan I always thought he looked more like a soccer ball and the world cup begins in June

Let me make that clear: I do not like your way of thinking!
  • You have to consider that the login reward toon is ALWAYS linked with the content/game update that will occur during the month.

So sadly we will get something linked with Siths... The same that got a rework exactly a year ago.
    And on the other side there are factions that have never been reworked like Separatists or Bounty Hunters. Priorities :)

Doesn´t matter if they were reworked, they still suck overall (with a few good points).
  • fascizio wrote: »
    burby888 wrote: »
    The whole Ventress is a sith is a moot point because her character in the game is from a point in the Star Wars timeline where she was a nightsister only

But also somehow a Separatist.... There was no point in time where she was affiliated with both, yet she has both tags. Admittedly she was always a nightsister in terms of heritage, but that only further reinforces the point that the Asajj we have is Separatist Asajj. Even Sidious implies that she has become Dooku's Sith apprentice as a means to destroy him (yes he says 'Sith apprentice'- season 3 episode 12). Additionally, Dooku makes no qualms about the fact that Savage (her replacement) was intended to be an apprentice so that he could take down Sid.
    Zerfius wrote: »
    Based on this, she should not have lightsabers or any force abilities. The only time she was only a nightsister was prior to becoming a padawan. If we are going for after Dooku tried to have her killed, then she should have the scoundrel tag.
    She returns to the nightsisters after Dooku tries to kill her, but at that point she would no longer be a Separatist, again though, her in game version retains this tag, so the version we have must be from before Dooku tried to kill her.

The Rule of Two is the only thing Pablo Hidalgo has used to state why she might not be a Sith, but not only is the Rule of Two a terrible concept from a literary and strategic perspective, it's also routinely disregarded by the Sith including the dude that came up with it.
    Her character in this game could be from an hour or 3 weeks in the timeline. Maybe she should be a light side character as well when she teams up with Quinlan Vos to kill dooku. Or maybe she should have the Jedi tag when she was a padawan. Point is EA and CG decided she is a nightsister and a separatist (which I forgot) for this game and that’s it. All of the toons get the tags that they want them to have.

• CorgiWolf wrote: »
    Wait so SA is login what does that mean? The whats ahead quote was from Palpatine to Ani. So i was expecting likely Palp and Vader Rework/zetas but now i have no idea. Where is SA even from? Same as SiT and Nihilus Kotor i think? So are we getting another character from there. Kozispoon did mention it was gonna be something like last feb(nihilus) right?

1. We are getting an event requiring specifically SA, presumably with some new Old Republic era character as a reward.
    3. Sith teams are presumed to be arena relevant again after the update so we are getting a good utility character as a daily reward.

The choice of daily reward may indeed be random, but they do tend to reflect some major activity for that month.

So here's my latest thoughts on this.

We know that, at least for Feb, Revan is not involved.

The rumor for the 'Revan' event is that required toons included Sith Assassin and Sith Trooper.

Sith Assassin is the Feb login character....is it possible that whatever IS coming for Feb may yet require SA & ST?
    (i.e. THAT part of the rumor is true)
    Drop It Like It's xHOTHx
    In Game Name: E Chu Ta
  • Or that the Palpatine Mythic will require 7* Sith and not a Sith/Empire blend.

The choice of daily reward may indeed be random, but they do tend to reflect some major activity for that month.

So here's my latest thoughts on this.

We know that, at least for Feb, Revan is not involved.

The rumor for the 'Revan' event is that required toons included Sith Assassin and Sith Trooper.

Sith Assassin is the Feb login character....is it possible that whatever IS coming for Feb may yet require SA & ST?
    (i.e. THAT part of the rumor is true)

Anything requiring specifically SA and SiT would have to be Old Republic, so maybe Sion as he fits the "unnatural" quote best.
    What I consider the most likely option is that we are getting a Sith rework so they give us a useful Sith character to go with it. That doesn't stop me from panic farming SiT just in case, though...
  • The Problem as always is we can only farm based on the clues we are given like the login Character and the palpatine teaser quotes. Suspect we will all need at least 1 7* toon that we don't have and this will instigate more last minute expensive panic farming

Anything requiring specifically SA and SiT would have to be Old Republic, so maybe Sion as he fits the "unnatural" quote best.
    What I consider the most likely option is that we are getting a Sith rework so they give us a useful Sith character to go with it. That doesn't stop me from panic farming SiT just in case, though...

I bet Vitiate/Valkorion would give Sion a run for his money for the unnatural part :)

But basically, any good (read: OP AF) dark side character would be fine with me.
  • I'm sure it'll be a mixture of things but at this point it seems likely that it'll be a sith rework (probably Sidious, Palpatine, and Vader) and a marquee event for a new character.

They dug deep last February, so I think they'll do that again this February. I'm really hoping for Darth Plagueis so the sith can finally have a dedicated healer.

Then again, the quote they dropped as a hint was Sidious talking to Anakin about how (my theory) he caused Shmi to get pregnant with Anakin. So Sidious told him to his face that he was his 'father', and Anakin never caught on because let's face it - Anakin wasn't all that sharp. So maybe we really will get pre-suit Vader?

Or pregnant Shmi??
  • MCThr33pio wrote: »
    I'm sure it'll be a mixture of things but at this point it seems likely that it'll be a sith rework (probably Sidious, Palpatine, and Vader) and a marquee event for a new character.

They dug deep last February, so I think they'll do that again this February. I'm really hoping for Darth Plagueis so the sith can finally have a dedicated healer.

Then again, the quote they dropped as a hint was Sidious talking to Anakin about how (my theory) he caused Shmi to get pregnant with Anakin. So Sidious told him to his face that he was his 'father', and Anakin never caught on because let's face it - Anakin wasn't all that sharp. So maybe we really will get pre-suit Vader?

Or pregnant Shmi??

Prego Shmi! Nice dark side. As for anakin, I'm going to continue to believe the lie that he was blinded by the dark side. There is a lot going on there, but thats a different thread....
  • MCThr33pio wrote: »
    I'm sure it'll be a mixture of things but at this point it seems likely that it'll be a sith rework (probably Sidious, Palpatine, and Vader) and a marquee event for a new character.

Or pregnant Shmi??

Prego Shmi! Nice dark side. As for anakin, I'm going to continue to believe the lie that he was blinded by the dark side. There is a lot going on there, but thats a different thread....

I think he was blinded by his obsession with saving Padme from his nightmares about her dying. So love. That stuff messes up anybody.
  • I think he was blinded by his obsession with saving Padme from his nightmares about her dying. So love. That stuff messes up anybody.[/quote]

More than that. Sidious was playing his subtle game hard. The Jedi were trying to play him against the chancellor. In the clone wars, he was getting frustrated with the jedi already, Ahsoka being banished. Not to mention the distraction of a war and the fact that he wasn't entirely a stable individual to begin with. I doubt that he would've turned if there wasn't a huge war going on during most of his training.
  • He was blinded by bad screenwriting
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Keep in mind you can always just opt out. I plan on happily collecting my Assassin shards--thankful that it's finally a character I don't already have at 7*--and continuing on with my plan of farming a bunch of mods once I finish Veteran Chewbacca.

Maybe there's a Sith event and I need the Assassin or whatever, maybe there's a First Order event and I need New Kylo. But there's definitely a need for more mods on more characters.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • I'm happy for the Sith reworks and new toon. I'm not a fan of KOTOR and that whole era, will be very disappointed if KOTOR go's on to dominate this game. I'm tired of the calls for Revan and his possible Dark/Light Meta Breaking possibilities, Revan for most SW Fans is not Canon and not worthy of a high placement. If we are going to ignore Lucus canon, I would much prefer they go the route of Timothy Zahn's extremely popular series - fleshing out the gap between 6-7, we already have Thrawn, adding an awesome Jedi Bounty Hunter in Mara Jade would fill way more gaps in the game than another Sith Lord. We have the Chimera, adding Talon Karrde (Ship), Rukh, Joruus C'baoth, Pellaeon (ship).
  • Jorus wrote: »
    I'm happy for the Sith reworks and new toon. I'm not a fan of KOTOR and that whole era, will be very disappointed if KOTOR go's on to dominate this game. I'm tired of the calls for Revan and his possible Dark/Light Meta Breaking possibilities, Revan for most SW Fans is not Canon and not worthy of a high placement. If we are going to ignore Lucus canon, I would much prefer they go the route of Timothy Zahn's extremely popular series - fleshing out the gap between 6-7, we already have Thrawn, adding an awesome Jedi Bounty Hunter in Mara Jade would fill way more gaps in the game than another Sith Lord. We have the Chimera, adding Talon Karrde (Ship), Rukh, Joruus C'baoth, Pellaeon (ship).

MOST Star Wars fans actually want him in the game, hence 'most requested toon' over several months, if not since the beginning of the game.

"Canon" is irrelevant when it comes to this game. And truly the only stuff Disney "destroyed" was everything after Return of the Jedi. All the Old Republic stuff could all still be in play, possibly with slight adjustments. Revan was going to be part of the Clone Wars TV show but they cut it last minute. He was also alluded to in Ep8. The Mandalorian Wars were talked about in Rebels. They also brought Thrawn and Darth Bane back.

Eventually most (more likely ALL) of the big names from the Old Republic will be "canon" because of one thing: MONEY. With all the new movies and live action TV shows about to start they will have to draw on something. You know what makes money? Stuff that has made money before. Stuff that most people wanna see happen. You might be tired of Revan but one thing is for sure, he moves the needle.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Thanks for the reply
    If Revan is coming, I would prefer he just make a small ripple instead if "moving the needle".
    given your screen-name, perhaps we will both see some bounty hunter love with Jango/Mara.
    Zahn's books were/are very popular, many contribute the success of EP to him, or at least admit he ignited the spark. Zahn's books penetrated the fandom much more deeply than any of the KOTOR story lines and I would hazard a guess that the book series was a bigger financial success than the Old Republic. Zahn came at a time where there was a gap in movies, and starwars books were not profitable, he changes all of that and his characters have proliferated into SWGOH already, and should continue to do so! If there was a hand of thrawn raid, there would be so many options and would include many of the characters already in the game, not to mention great usage of the existing ships, just my 2 cents, if your going to go non-canon, you may as well go with the more popular EP stories and characters, that is how you draw in players and make bank!