Need Help: Farming Gear for my Squad

Hi,

i have "problems" to farm gear 9.

It takes sooo much time to farm one gear for one slot.

Sometimes i only get approx. 5 pieces of 50 needed pieces with 130 energy from LS/DS Battles..

Beside that my guild just farm Rancor VI and AAT (normal).

Is there any option to farm them faster without spending huge amount of crystals/money in shipment store?

Replies

• Nope ;)

Don't you get gear from the challenges? What about TB?
    “Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”
  • Terpentin300
    244 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I'm currently LV 76 and just get gear 7 or 8 out of challenges atm.

My guild achieve approx. 8 stars in TB, so yeah the loot is very slight.
  • You can try the 50 crystal refresh for nornal energy. Are you having problems getting to gear 9 or past gear 9?
  • Terpentin300
    244 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Having problems getting to gear 9 :(
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Welcome to the grind ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    I'm a little lower than you but here are things I keep in mind.

Not sure what the rancour vi drops are like but occasionally I get a full piece of fully crafted gear from heroic rancour. As I do that raid 3 times a weeknon average it really helps.

I've all but abandoned character shards in the guild store instead buying salvage.

Try and look for light and dark side nodes that drop more than one piece of gear you need. At the moment I'm farming a node that drops salvage toward a gear ix piece and a gear vii piece for one of my pilots. It makes me feel better about the drops that way.

Check the gear you are offered for credits in the shipment store.
  • It has been months since I got a single usable piece of gear from either raid.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    5 pieces from 130 energy is darn good actually. You are lucky if you are getting that regularly. You can get gear from the guild store as well.
  • Level 76 here as well. Guild store is the ONLY way I get the furnaces to get to gear 9 and still have yet to get anyone here. Wedge is my highest priority and I still need two pieces. Lol.
  • Terp we may need to join a better guild together 0.o
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Omnixent wrote: »
    Level 76 here as well. Guild store is the ONLY way I get the furnaces to get to gear 9 and still have yet to get anyone here. Wedge is my highest priority and I still need two pieces. Lol.
    Terp we may need to join a better guild together 0.o

Furnaces are one of the better deals for crystals. But yeah, ideally you want to be in a guild doing heroic rancor regularly, and then even if they don't drop for you you can request them from your guildmates.
  • Liath wrote: »
    Level 76 here as well. Guild store is the ONLY way I get the furnaces to get to gear 9 and still have yet to get anyone here. Wedge is my highest priority and I still need two pieces. Lol.

Furnaces are one of the better deals for crystals. But yeah, ideally you want to be in a guild doing heroic rancor regularly, and then even if they don't drop for you you can request them from your guildmates.

So you’re saying at some point it’s best to save crystals instead of refreshes for those peaky gear pieces?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »

So you’re saying at some point it’s best to save crystals instead of refreshes for those peaky gear pieces?

Some people would do the math on expected drop rates and crystal refresh costs and tell you that you are better off farming a stun cuff, say, than saving up and buying one in the store. I get frustrated farming gear because the RNG is miserable, and the difference isn't that big, so I prefer to save up and buy them. For things that aren't farmable, like furnaces, you don't have the option, and it can definitely be worth it to buy them for crystals if you need them.

However, since you are not level 85 yet, refreshes are more important because they also help you to level faster, so that changes the calculus as well. It could still be worth buying the furnace to get the gear level for your arena team to earn more crystals in arena, but it's not that clear cut.

Sorry, I know that's not as helpful as just giving you a single answer to run with, but it's a number of factors to weigh to make the decision.
  • The biggest sources for gear, at least from my experience, are the raids, challenges, donations, and the guild shop. The guild shop has been changed a lot lately. Originally you had to pay like 600 guild tokens for 2 salvage of raid gears, now only 480 for 5 salvage or so. Plus other purple and gold gears have become much cheaper. 10 carbanti for 480 token or so. Gotta love Guild Shop
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member
    Hey, you're lucky. In my day we had no guild event store and completely overpriced guild store gear.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Hey, you're lucky. In my day we had no guild event store and completely overpriced guild store gear.

How many feet of snow did you have to walk through to get home after buying those overpriced goods? :smile:
  • Omnixent wrote: »

Haha same here. I also need 2 pieces of gear for Wedge...and Biggs...The MK5 CEC Fusion Furnaces are so terrible to farm :D

Yes we should! I must confess, that i'm sometimes search for "better" guilds who i may want to join someday..but on the other hand i want to be a huge part of my current guild progress.

• Terpentin300
    244 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    @Liath If i request the MK5 Furnace gear from my guildmates, i only get exactly 1 each day !! xD
  • @Liath If i request the MK5 Furnace gear from my guildmates, i only get exactly 1 each day !! xD

Max is 2 for raid gears, which mk5 furnace is. BTW you gotta thank the buddy that gives you that every single days!
  • Is there any option to farm them faster without spending huge amount of crystals/money in shipment store?

No. The problems are built in. You are meant to get so frustrated that you eventually decide to spend money to make the process easier. This is the whole reason for the game's existence.

• TVF
    36573 posts Member
    @Liath If i request the MK5 Furnace gear from my guildmates, i only get exactly 1 each day !! xD

Request less rare gear.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

What was that about you needing to join a better guild? ;) It is unfortunate that you can't get more than 2 of those types of things from requests, but at least 1 or 2 is better than 0.
  • Ok thank you