Help with Empire Teams

Prev13
I just farmed the Phoenix squad to get Thrawn and Palp, and I'm 20 shards away from Vader. Already have Tarkin so I thought about starting an Empire team. I was planning on a Thrawn (L), Vader, Palpatine, Tarkin and Stormtrooper but I doubt it's good. Any tips would be great
Thx
MS

Replies

• 1) Vader is ok under EP lead and his own leadership (when zeta'd), but not the best empire toon out there and not suitable for thrawn lead. Tarkin is fine, even great, for offense (since you can charge his special for extra damage), but on defense he's going to drop like a rock. It depends on your level and who you can get, but the most commonly used hign-ranked empire team is Thrawn (l) DT Shore Storm and Veers/EP/Krennic. I personally run EP (l) Thrawn DT Shore Krennic, and loving it.
  • Thx for the tips :smile:
    MS
  • Thrawn (L), Vader, Palp, Tarkin...and I'd do everythng you can to get Royal Guard.
  • Krennic zeta lead, shore, storm zeta, veers zeta, and death trooper is the best empire team i can think of.

With your toons, zeta your storm trooper(or farm royal guard) and start farming TIE pilot.
  • I'm not sure I'd zeta Stormtrooper. His zeta is very odd for a tank.
  • And without the RG, his toons will fall like dominos. Palp is butter soft and thrawn can heal the storm for taunt. Without the RG, zeta the stormtrooper.
  • Thx guys
    MS
  • For which purpose do you want to use the Empire team?
  • DarthMatt2004
    114 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Arena and GW mostly but also for R2
    MS
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    For GW nope it is cakewalk after lv85 no matter what
    For R2 nope it won't help much and besides many people reported they do it without any zetas
    For Arena, could be yes only if all your arena toons have been max geared, all zetaed(except stormie), all superbly modded and stormtrooper zeta is the only realistic way that you can improve your arena team at all.
  • Thx. What do you recommend for R2 event?
    MS
  • Bora
    440 posts Member
    Hey there, I run empire in a day one shard, please don't zeta stormtrooper..
    Res non verba
  • Bora wrote: »
    Hey there, I run empire in a day one shard, please don't zeta stormtrooper..

This. It's a really strange zeta for a tank.
  • Thx. What do you recommend for R2 event?

The two most important ones are RG (G10) and TFP(G9) with good speed.
    Then Palp (L), Vader and GMT. (Or Thrawn if already possible).
  • Putting a zeta on your stormtrooper forces your opponent to take him out first. At the highest levels, he becomes nasty when you lose two or three toons and he can sometimes save a loss.

Yeah, I understand you may not believe me but I’ve faced a high level/gear/mod stormtrooper with a zeta and I avoided him until last and ended up losing.

Either way I don’t care if you don’t believe me but, in the future, try to avoid bashing an opinion without having one of your own.

No one believed me when I said Rey was good neither and it didn’t stop reality.

In conclusion, do what you want, it’s your game.

• Either way I don’t care if you don’t believe me but, in the future, try to avoid bashing an opinion without having one of your own.

Eh? Nobody has bashed your opinion. They just hold a different one - which like yours, is also just an opinion.
  • snarzenal
    316 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    You’re right, I misspoke, I was looking for a reason why you wouldn’t zeta the trooper other than “it’s odd”.
  • AlexanderG
    1927 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Ok, no prob. Not looking for an argument. I run a trooper squad with a Thrawn lead. I have found that when I lose (at least from what I can see on offence) is that Stormy is usually the last man standing. If I recall the zeta ability correctly, it only benefits other Empire toons when Storm is killed so yeah, it seems a bit odd to me. As what's the point when the only squad members that would benefit from it are already dead.
  • AlexanderG
    1927 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Post corrected!
  • Okay cool.

The zeta reads: “Stormtrooper gains 40% defense for each living empire ally and 40% offense for each defeated empire ally.” He also gets/gives 30% defense to imperial trooper allies.

If he is the last man standing, he packs a wallop. It’s like gravy or icing on the cake. It’s not priority but it’s essential.
  • snarzenal wrote: »
    Putting a zeta on your stormtrooper forces your opponent to take him out first. At the highest levels, he becomes nasty when you lose two or three toons and he can sometimes save a loss.

Yeah, I understand you may not believe me but I’ve faced a high level/gear/mod stormtrooper with a zeta and I avoided him until last and ended up losing.

Either way I don’t care if you don’t believe me but, in the future, try to avoid bashing an opinion without having one of your own.

No one believed me when I said Rey was good neither and it didn’t stop reality.

In conclusion, do what you want, it’s your game.

I don’t see how his zeta is good because if all of his allies are dieing then he isn’t doing his job making him worthless, plus there are way better zetas out there is I don’t see a point on wasting one on storm
  • snarzenal
    316 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I don’t see how his zeta is good because if all of his allies are dieing then he isn’t doing his job making him worthless, plus there are way better zetas out there is I don’t see a point on wasting one on storm

My point is, it’s not a waste. If you still think it is, so be it. You’re allowed to have your own opinion.
  • Gawejn
    1104 posts Member
    His zeta could be good, if DT would die twice and revive. Than Storm would have 80% offense more. Not bad.
  • Gawejn wrote: »
    His zeta could be good, if DT would die twice and revive. Than Storm would have 80% offense more. Not bad.

Someone’s getting it.

zKrennic (L), DT, zST, ShT, and zVeers for the win.

• Gawejn
    1104 posts Member
    snarzenal wrote: »
    Gawejn wrote: »

Someone’s getting it.

zKrennic (L), DT, zST, ShT, and zVeers for the win.

It is not hard to get it but for example i play Empire with Thrawn lead. It almost never happens that DT dies twice and almost never happens that someone dies during fight. Thats is the problem with Storm's zeta. But yes when 3 allies would die Storm gets huge offense bonus. Is it enough to win the fight? I dont know. But if DT dies twice and three allies are dead huge offense bonus 200%. But on offense in my case it never happened. I would love to put zeta on Storm but I dont need this for offense and defense I dont care. I dont have to play to much to stay top50 with this team. In some case zeta on Storm is good but players need zetas that could be used for whole fight and every fight. This zeta is not that kind.
  • AlexanderG wrote: »
    the zeta ability correctly, it only benefits other Empire toons when Storm is killed

The zeta actually gives the trooper 40% offense for each fallen imperial ally, so it's not bad if he is the last Toon standing, in fact that means he had around +160% offense. Tbh, before I zeta Stormtrooper I'm going to zeta Thrawn first and then I will zeta storm
    MS
  • AlexanderG wrote: »
    the zeta ability correctly, it only benefits other Empire toons when Storm is killed

The zeta actually gives the trooper 40% offense for each fallen imperial ally, so it's not bad if he is the last Toon standing, in fact that means he had around +160% offense. Tbh, before I zeta Stormtrooper I'm going to zeta Thrawn first and then I will zeta storm

Sure but it still seems a bit odd to me. The job of a tank is to protect the rest of the team. Not to start getting additional boosts at the point that the tank has a failed in their primary role.

Just my opinion!
  • jesus what part of Krennic DONT LAST without DT ZETA dont you guys get??? all i see are reg Dt and DK gets mauled. best bet hands down is ZZthrawn lead DK ZDT storm and shore (zeta storm if you want to but with him and shore you dont generally lose more than one guy in a fight) that comp is game over i auto CLS every day with it. Nuff said
  • ohh and from my experience palps works better with Sith not empire. but thats just me
  • sorry for the post spam but lastly the comp i had said to use. DT DK are CRITICAL literally........DK has 4500 special dmg at g12 and he basic attacks on my squad for upwards to 40K. DT feeds off DK. and both crits heal both for 20% max health i 2v5d last tier of r2 after my other three got ripped. that duo is noticably better than chaze imo. they are some serious rebel killers.