Nightsisters not OP

So I probably shouldn’t be doing this since I enjoy running a nightsister squad. But seriously people. Everyone complaining. This team has plenty of weaknesses. Jyn lead, Baze/chirrut and any attackers. Veers led imperial teams. Zaul lead teams. Went against a team that wrecked me kenobi captain Han r2 and two AOE attackers. Any team with chirrut or captain Han will wreck talzins plague debuff making it near worthless. AOE will make short work of a fairly low health nonexistent defense nightsister acolyte. Most people mod their acolyte 4 Crit Damage 2 Crit Chance with emphasis on offense so she will drop fast to AOE. Nightsister team in general is really squishy. If Daka/ventress unique is zetad it just means you have to make the most of the windows after you kill zombie so they don’t stack too much health/damage. It’s called strategy. I feel like most of you have been so spoiled by the reign of thrawn/cls/kenobi that you forgot what strategy even means. Try mixing your squads up before complaining on the forums that a team is op. Nightsisters are very easy to deal with if you are willing to change your lineup. If you are dead set on running cls/raid Han/wiggs/fill... than be prepared to lose to nightsisters. Either avoid them in arena (like I do to many squads with my nightsister lineup) or adapt, and add some AOE/constant heals/health steal to your squad to face them.

Replies

• +100
  • The funniest part is in addition to all you named(and more) a decent Phoenix team absolutely destroys the sisters.

People complain because they can't use the same 5 characters they've been using for the last 6 months.
  • I just use HY to heal and its no problem, kill Daka first always if you can. Nightsister coming into power has made it easier for me to remain high in Arena. They're not the best on defense imo.
  • Nightsisters coming into arena has brought diversity back in my opinion. Now there are many viable comps that can all compete for top spots. Every single team can be beaten. It’s just a matter of being willing to switch in the right toons for the battle.
  • Although I started playing not too long ago, it seems like the Nightsisters have created a sort of rock-paper-scissors meta so many games lack. AOE is good against them but not CLS, they’re good against CLS but not aoe, CLS is good against AOE but not NS. (Of course, this is excluding things like buff immunity, etc, but that's just more diversity)
  • So AOE <CLS <NS <AOE.
    Makes sense Rock scissors paper indeed.
    How about AOE that can't be countered? Wouldn't that beat all NS, CLS, AOE? Sabine has one, R2 can help, Just a suggestion
  • The funniest part is in addition to all you named(and more) a decent Phoenix team absolutely destroys the sisters.

People complain because they can't use the same 5 characters they've been using for the last 6 months.

Yep forgot to mention Phoenix. There’s more that I didn’t mention as well, those are just main teams I avoid on my shard.
  • Liamtbqh wrote: »
    I just use HY to heal and its no problem, kill Daka first always if you can. Nightsister coming into power has made it easier for me to remain high in Arena. They're not the best on defense imo.

Yep there’s another. Hermit can be annoying. A little less troublesome when I face him on defense. But I generally avoid teams with geared/modded HY’s as well
  • Nightsisters coming into arena has brought diversity back in my opinion. Now there are many viable comps that can all compete for top spots. Every single team can be beaten. It’s just a matter of being willing to switch in the right toons for the battle.

Exactly! I felt like that topic was more suited for an entire separate post in itself but I fully agree. Though top ranks are still vastly overpopulated with cls and thrawn and kenobi. I have seen much more diversity since nightsister update. I feel it was a very healthy step in the right direction

• So AOE <CLS <NS <AOE.
    Makes sense Rock scissors paper indeed.
    How about AOE that can't be countered? Wouldn't that beat all NS, CLS, AOE? Sabine has one, R2 can help, Just a suggestion

Yes but then you start getting into the chirruts and the zarris’. AOE that isn’t countered is great. But it’s not gonna help you kill a jyn lead with a Baze/chirrut and zariss. You need single target firepower for that. The arena right now is really in the healthiest spot it’s been for a long time. Which isn’t saying anything overly incredible. But I still feel like nightsisters breaking into meta to force some diversity was a huge step in the right direction.
  • DarthDyna wrote: »
    Although I started playing not too long ago, it seems like the Nightsisters have created a sort of rock-paper-scissors meta so many games lack. AOE is good against them but not CLS, they’re good against CLS but not aoe, CLS is good against AOE but not NS. (Of course, this is excluding things like buff immunity, etc, but that's just more diversity)

Couldn’t agree more. Would love to see more of these faction overhauls.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    BTBAMthony wrote: »
    DarthDyna wrote: »
    Although I started playing not too long ago, it seems like the Nightsisters have created a sort of rock-paper-scissors meta so many games lack. AOE is good against them but not CLS, they’re good against CLS but not aoe, CLS is good against AOE but not NS. (Of course, this is excluding things like buff immunity, etc, but that's just more diversity)

I've a feeling that Vader or Palpatine will get a rework and a Vader or Palpatine lead sith/empire mix with Thrawn and Nihilus will become semi common in the upper echelons of the meta.

Everyone complains about NS but I reckon sub Wiggs/Lando into a cls team with raid han and it will work almost as well as the imperial troopers 30 seconds auto. That said it's great that trying to use the same team for everything suffers somewhat.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    I dislike the NS team and everything it stands for !!
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • KRU-lead FO is also a strong counter to plague. I feel like they are trying to inject more rock-paper-scissors action into arena, which is probably the only way to ensure more variety. Troopers/FO/R1 kills NS kills JTR kills GK/Zarris kills Titans kills Troopers/FO/R1.
  • Naraic wrote: »
    BTBAMthony wrote: »
    DarthDyna wrote: »

I've a feeling that Vader or Palpatine will get a rework and a Vader or Palpatine lead sith/empire mix with Thrawn and Nihilus will become semi common in the upper echelons of the meta.

Everyone complains about NS but I reckon sub Wiggs/Lando into a cls team with raid han and it will work almost as well as the imperial troopers 30 seconds auto. That said it's great that trying to use the same team for everything suffers somewhat.

Oh yea didn’t mention lando. Lol. But yea, sith overhaul would be awesome. They could definitely use some love. NS and Sith were first two teams I farmed. Dark side ftw

• leef wrote: »
    I dislike the NS team and everything it stands for !!

Lol
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member
    He's NS team intolerant.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • skywhopper wrote: »
    KRU-lead FO is also a strong counter to plague. I feel like they are trying to inject more rock-paper-scissors action into arena, which is probably the only way to ensure more variety. Troopers/FO/R1 kills NS kills JTR kills GK/Zarris kills Titans kills Troopers/FO/R1.

Absolutely. Just went against a KRU team today and got wrecked. It’s just a matter of time before we start seeing more of them in arena. But yea, it’s definitely more balanced than it was 6 months ago. I like the Rock Paper Scissors aspect and hope they keep going with it.
  • TVF wrote: »
    He's NS team intolerant.

Lol, it happens
  • NS are not overpowered on defense. However they are on offense because the AI does not handle fighting NS zombie well. If they made the AI never choose to target zombie when another NS is present, and zombie isn't taunting, then it would be fine.

As it is now, because of the crappy AI's handling of a character that has virtually infinite health, very bad NS teams can win on offense against teams they have no business defeating. Basically zombie is the character the AI fights against the worst of all characters in the game.
  • skywhopper wrote: »
    KRU-lead FO is also a strong counter to plague. I feel like they are trying to inject more rock-paper-scissors action into arena, which is probably the only way to ensure more variety. Troopers/FO/R1 kills NS kills JTR kills GK/Zarris kills Titans kills Troopers/FO/R1.

empire kill everything :D:D:D
  • DarthScott wrote: »
    NS are not overpowered on defense. However they are on offense because the AI does not handle fighting NS zombie well. If they made the AI never choose to target zombie when another NS is present, and zombie isn't taunting, then it would be fine.

As it is now, because of the **** AI's handling of a character that has virtually infinite health, very bad NS teams can win on offense against teams they have no business defeating. Basically zombie is the character the AI fights against the worst of all characters in the game.

I can somewhat agree with that. Quite often this happens. Although, there have been many times where AI targets Daka first as well. It’s somewhat RNG based which is kind of the essence of swgoh arena anyways. I wouldn’t say making the AI never target zombie would make things healthier. I mean zariss teams heal up off of poor AI targeting. AI still target characters with counter like dooku. AI waste debuffs when enemy has cleanse/tenacity up. That’s just kind of part of the game at this point.

The only thing about AI that really needs to change is target priority being more random, rather than prioritizing low power/gear targets. That in itself would solve a lot of what you are talking about.