#arenagoals

Shok
73 posts Member
I run the following arena team in an August 2017 shard. Floating around rank 100-150.

CLS (L)
Wedge
Biggs
Baze
Chirrut

I would like to replace Baze and Chirrut with R2 & Raid Han once my Raid Han is ready. The idea would be to get R2's speed high enough to open with a smoke screen on CLS.

Is it viable to run with CLS serving as a pseudo tank or am I drunk and need to keep Chaze and drop Wiggs?

Replies

• TVF
    36577 posts Member
    I run CLS (L) Wiggs R2 Han in an April 2017 shard. Between 100-200, after replacing Baze with CLS last week. It's doable. Zetas on R2 NC, Han, and CLS IBAT. Your shard is newer so you should be in good shape.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Keep that squad, it's fine. Farm mods. That will get you up there.
  • Replace wiggs with R2 and han and you’ll have a top 50 team. I haven’t really seen wedge in a team comp where he wasn’t leader outside of gw lol
  • Shok
    73 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    I run CLS (L) Wiggs R2 Han in an April 2017 shard. Between 100-200, after replacing Baze with CLS last week. It's doable. Zetas on R2 NC, Han, and CLS IBAT. Your shard is newer so you should be in good shape.

How does it hold on defense? I understand that the R2 AI always opens with smoke screen but would it target CLS?
  • As long as cls has the most heath/protection then r2 will target him
  • I wouldnt drop chaze
    Are they constantly letting you down? They are pain in the butt to go up against though
  • I have ZZCLS, ZR2 (NC), ZRhan, and Chaze and I can get up to 33 in my shard that is well over a year old so I would say drop Wiggs and insert Raid Han and R2.
  • Drop wiggs if wedge isn't the leader.
    Run CLS, Raid Han, R2, Chaze
    That's a team that can easily finish first if you have decent enough mods.
  • Well if you're on the shard launched 21 August that is mine and I just took 1st with CLS Han R2 Wiggs (3xG11 2xG10), which was needed to plow through a G11 GK Zarris Thrawn DN R2 team. For all other teams I use Chaze (both G10) instead of Wiggs - all awaiting the last two titans to replace them.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Shok wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

How does it hold on defense? I understand that the R2 AI always opens with smoke screen but would it target CLS?

Worst I drop is to about 205, before replacing Baze with CLS I was dropping past 300.

I know everyone loves Chaze but they're not that difficult to beat with this team. And I only have a 4* Chirrut lol.
  • I make it a point of principle not to help people that have CLS :smiley:
  • Shok
    73 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I make it a point of principle not to help people that have CLS :smiley:

Fair enough :blush:
  • Shok
    73 posts Member
    Thanks for all the advice everyone! I've still got a ways to go on my Raid Han so I'll experiment a bit. I'm anxious to get my R2 unit off the bench!
  • I don't fully support working towards a team that has no tank. It just doesn't hold on defense. And I would say not falling 100 spots per night on defense is more important and a sweet offense team. That's why no one runs resistance anymore. Falling that far every night isn't worth the amazing climb

CLS lead, r2, Raid han, chaze. That's the team you should work for. Get r2 super fast, 250+, and CLS the second fastest. That's what I would recommend
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Wearesyke wrote: »
    I don't fully support working towards a team that has no tank. It just doesn't hold on defense. And I would say not falling 100 spots per night on defense is more important and a sweet offense team.

It all depends on your shard and your team. I've run tanks, I've run without tanks, and generally I have fallen the same amount overnight either way. And also it's worth it to me to have an easier time on offense. I have more choices on who I can attack, and less risk that I'll actually lose a battle.
  • Shok wrote: »
    Fair enough :blush:

No offence meant - I'm just super jealous lol! :smiley: