Back after 2 years - Tips and Advice needed

Hi all, just back to this game after 2 years where the cap was only at 60. Everything seems to have changed and even the meta too. Was wondering which heroes I should actually farm now or what I should be doing since i am only like lvl 62 now. Not sure what to concentrate as there are lots more things now. My heroes as below. Any advice would be appreciated.

https://imgur.com/gallery/TW3e6

Replies

• Realistically, I'd start over. You'll be 2 years behind your arena shard. That's a huge difference.
    Start working on Pheonix (they will get you Thrawn), Empire (to get R2) and some Scoundrels for the credit heist.

Farm Nightsisters too if you can.

Join a guild that can do raids.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    You are probably very far back in your arena shard. Where are you ranked in fleet arena. You want to consider focusing more on fleet arena if you are in a new shard.

Fotp and jc are great pilots and having them levelled and starred will certainly help.

Otherwise get a phoenix team to 7 stars for Palpatine event and thrawn event then get an empire team to 7 stars for r2d2 and a new hope rebels to 7 stars for cls.

Then work first order for bb8 and resistance for jtr.

Also join a guild that does heroic raids for raid Han and general Kenobi.
  • I came back to the game about a year ago (after a year out) and opted for starting over - to have a chance to unlock the best characters in the game now (Commander Luke and Jedi Rey) you need to be finishing pretty high in the arena to farm from arena shipments and refresh energy with crystals, and after two years you'll be miles from the top of the shard.

I would suggest start over, then straight onto Phoenix - they are great in the early stages for all aspects of the game and allow you to unlock Emperor Palpatine and Thrawn.

Good luck!
  • I would also suggest starting again and doing Phoenix. But if u don’t want to I would run a sith team with what u have now with maul lead, savage, kylo and 2 other sith
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved to correct sub forum.
  • SlyWalker
    148 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    i dropped about 3k real money on this account hence not really willing to stop.read the forums and was told by some to start all over again...basically i still have 10k crystals in this account from getting almost number 1 spot everyday in arena previously.

by the way my current ranking in squad arena is #1887 and fleet arena at #2485.

Is it very far away? I see so many level 70s in my arena...since i was one of the early players..could my shard already have lots of people who had already stopped playing?

Furthermore is a Sith team viable at all? **** i see the arena top places all almost having the same characters lol. And btw Kylo isn't a Sith :blush:
  • SlyWalker wrote: »
    i dropped about 3k real money on this account hence not really willing to stop.read the forums and was told by some to start all over again...basically i still have 10k crystals in this account from getting almost number 1 spot everyday in arena previously.

With this being the case - you're probably OK - I would have thought you would have been further back! And with some crystals to spend already you can probably recover to an OK position. The only thing is that the TOP players in your shard will still be playing and you have no chance of catching them, so you would have to settle for being good but not competing for the top.

At level 60, you have a long grind to get to level 85 anyway, so I would suggest the same - start a phoenix team (you will want Thrawn/EP), and gear up your Sith for the Arena and have them in a position to zeta (top rank of their abilities) when you hit level 82. Some of their Zeta abilities are very powerful.

• Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    SlyWalker wrote: »

Is it very far away? I see so many level 70s in my arena...since i was one of the early players..could my shard already have lots of people who had already stopped playing?

Furthermore is a Sith team viable at all? **** i see the arena top places all almost having the same characters lol. And btw Kylo isn't a Sith :blush:

What levels are the top in your fleet arena shard. I don't know if you are rank 2485 because you were assigned a rank when you came back and you are in a 3 day old shard or because you were assigned a shard when fleet started and you were beaten down to rank 3k. If the top of your shard is rank 65 fully levelled maul fotp and jc will cut through your shard like a hot knife through butter.

Yes you were an early shard and there's probably 300 or less people still playing. A Sith team can be fun and and you need as many teams as possible for guild events. Whatever team you focus on will probably pull you up to rank 300 then you have to face the current meta.

With this being the case - you're probably OK - I would have thought you would have been further back! And with some crystals to spend already you can probably recover to an OK position. The only thing is that the TOP players in your shard will still be playing and you have no chance of catching them, so you would have to settle for being good but not competing for the top.

At level 60, you have a long grind to get to level 85 anyway, so I would suggest the same - start a phoenix team (you will want Thrawn/EP), and gear up your Sith for the Arena and have them in a position to zeta (top rank of their abilities) when you hit level 82. Some of their Zeta abilities are very powerful.

Will my Sith team works with a Kylo Ren in it? My darth vader is only 4* so i dun think he is viable yeah?...

Darth Sidious (Lead)
    Darth Maul
    Savage
    Count Dooku
    Kylo Ren

The real question is why you left and how likely is this to happen again ?
    This game is a grind, as any f2p. Even if you're a paying player it still takes a lot of patience to get results. If you want to try again, just to leave in 2-3 months then just stay with this account and have fun :) Now some facts.
    Your roster is rubbish, no hiding it. Jedi are completely irrelevant in current meta. Sith are as well, although slightly more viable, because of dark side Territory battle. You have some pilots (JC, FOTP, Maul), but no synergy there. We had both legendary events recently in december, so next iteration of those will come in 3-4 months. What that implies is - you won't be competitive in top arena till then. 10k crystals is a lot, but it will last max 3 weeks of daily refreshes. I don't see you getting any more competitive in that span w/o dropping some serious cash into game.
    For the fun factor - you won't be ranked high in both arenas, can't participate in TB's since you don't have any useful units, TW is out of question for that same reason. If you can find a good guild that raids regularly, that would help immensely.
    Both arena have crystal rewards for top tiers now. So getting semi decent results in both will net you 300+ crystals daily. You will get your 10k back in a month (assuming only so-so results, best give 800-900 daily).
    If you plan to play more than 1-2 months, it's better to start over (maybe CG can transfer some crystals to new account ? need to contact them).
    If you plan on using this account then go with Jedi+Leia for your arena team. For fleet idk, can't see any info on that, go with highest now. Invest in Biggs, Wedge, STH, Lando, Boba, TFP and IG88 (or any scoundrel). This will net you best results for the future - you need tham in arena, TB, fleet and credit heist.
  • I left because it was too bored playing alone...we had a group waiting for a guild till we all finally gave up and said goodbye. Actually..i am back just as a F2P player....and most likely preparing for the uncap to maybe level 90 to happen where the meta will change again. Not intending to really compete in arena for now which I understand is near impossible even if i drop cash (which i am not lol).

Hence, i was still wondering if grinding for phoenix team is still actually viable given that I am here just to prepare for the next level uncap and change of meta.

• [/quote]

Will my Sith team works with a Kylo Ren in it? My darth vader is only 4* so i dun think he is viable yeah?...
    n[/quote]

Kylo is a really good character after he got reworked a while back - he has good health and his Zeta is really powerful when you get there. But to be honest, the level you will be competing for the short term, as long as you gear Vader up he will probably do OK in your team, and can benefit from Sith synergies. So the choice is yours really.

I disagree with wawrzon that Sith are irrelevant (he is right about the Jedi though!), I come up against some really effective sith team, and like he says, now we have dark side territory battles that's all the better.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    I left because it was too bored playing alone...we had a group waiting for a guild till we all finally gave up and said goodbye. Actually..i am back just as a F2P player....and most likely preparing for the uncap to maybe level 90 to happen where the meta will change again. Not intending to really compete in arena for now which I understand is near impossible even if i drop cash (which i am not lol).

Hence, i was still wondering if grinding for phoenix team is still actually viable given that I am here just to prepare for the next level uncap and change of meta.

Thrawn will still be thrawn no matter what happens. We don't know how the meta is going to change what toons will be reworked but it's safe to say that the top tier characters will still be awesome.

The devs have said that they want to have a more varied arena with some teams being able to beat some teams and lose to others and they don't want a super team.

While not current meta I would bet on thrawn/Nihilus with a mixed Sith/empire team with either a reworked Vader or a Palpatine lead being one of the meta teams in the future.

I would also expect one more big character release to boost the resistance faction and a few first order releases.

Thenlefendary characters are legendary for a reason they won't just be pushed aside immediatley.
    I left because it was too bored playing alone...we had a group waiting for a guild till we all finally gave up and said goodbye. Actually..i am back just as a F2P player....and most likely preparing for the uncap to maybe level 90 to happen where the meta will change again. Not intending to really compete in arena for now which I understand is near impossible even if i drop cash (which i am not lol).

If it's of any value and consolation - I have been playing w/o most meta units all this time and still managed to rank in top3 in arena. Key is a g12 Rex - will offset any whale advantage or mod differences. Currently running Rex (L), DN, GK, R2, Han and win easily against new Rey or CLS. Thrawn or Old Ben work well in this team as well. My point being - you can be competitive w/o using locked units.
  • Start over. You gain a lot and lose little
  • wawrzon wrote: »

If it's of any value and consolation - I have been playing w/o most meta units all this time and still managed to rank in top3 in arena. Key is a g12 Rex - will offset any whale advantage or mod differences. Currently running Rex (L), DN, GK, R2, Han and win easily against new Rey or CLS. Thrawn or Old Ben work well in this team as well. My point being - you can be competitive w/o using locked units.

You have been playing w/o meta units? Please tell me more! When you're running 4 out 5 of the most common meta; DN, GK, R2 and Han lol
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    Realistically, I'd start over. You'll be 2 years behind your arena shard..

I would rather wait and see what the fleet arena shard will be like before starting over. If it's a newly created shard, you can get your crystal income through fleet arena.

Anyway, if you start over, you will still risk ending up at the bottom of an arena shard where top players are several weeks ahead of you and later also at the bottom of a fleet shard.

i dropped about 3k real money on this account...

Woaaaah, excuse me?

Hi all, just back to this game after 2 years where the cap was only at 60. Everything seems to have changed and even the meta too. Was wondering which heroes I should actually farm now or what I should be doing since i am only like lvl 62 now. Not sure what to concentrate as there are lots more things now. My heroes as below. Any advice would be appreciated.

The issue is what you view the game as. If you put $3000 into it, that sort of tells us that you're the kind of person who wants to be at the top. Realistically, that won't happen at this point because, like everyone else said, the rest of your shard has 2 years of development on you. So if you only get enjoyment out of being competitive, you either need to cut your losses and start over or you need to realize you're going to have to put about $9000 more into the game, which would be crazy.

If, on the other hand, you're at the point where the game is just a game and you have fun just collecting characters, then I'd keep the current line-up, but only because you already put $3000 into it. You need to understand that your line-up is almost at the level of someone starting out right now.

I'd start farming Phoenix, which will eventually get you Thrawn and also be good for their Ships and Rebel mod challenges. So that will get you started. As for your Arena team, you're sort of out of luck because what you have won't compete against anyone two years into the game. You'll have to just put together your strongest toons and realize that they're still going to hover around 8,000 rank or something. I'd work on Kylo Ren because he's your strongest toon and his Zeta ability is good for Raids, as well. Also work on your Jedi, since you have a good base for them and they can get you Grand Master Yoda in his challenge.

Between all of that, you'll have your hands full for at least 3 months, unless you buy them. Good luck!
  • Bruh. If i spent 3,000 pesos I could have had a better looking team. Quit lying, start over.
  • sw_f2p wrote: »

The issue is what you view the game as. If you put $3000 into it, that sort of tells us that you're the kind of person who wants to be at the top. Realistically, that won't happen at this point because, like everyone else said, the rest of your shard has 2 years of development on you. So if you only get enjoyment out of being competitive, you either need to cut your losses and start over or you need to realize you're going to have to put about $9000 more into the game, which would be crazy.

No it is not. He dropped $3k in two months of playing and then stopped for two years. Think of all the money he saved by not playing over that time.

He could plough another $9k into the game and still come out ahead.
  • Viridovix wrote: »
    Bruh. If i spent 3,000 pesos I could have had a better looking team. Quit lying, start over.

Lol bro 2 years ago u wouldn’t have say this with Leia and FOTP one shotting just about anyone.
  • Maybe one day EA will boost Sith teams again