Favorite Star Wars Character

MakinATrillion
84 posts Member
edited March 2018
Who is your favorite Star Wars character in the Star Wars universe? Why are they your favorite?

My favorite Star Wars character would have to be Luke Skywalker. From being a young poor farmer always eager to get ahead. Then becoming a Commander, hungry to learn more about the force. Taking action by going to meet with Yoda to train, but not finishing his training to go out of his way to help his friends in need. Facing his father for the first time with his father being one of the most powerful Sith and even Jedi in the galaxy, for his first lightsaber duel. After, he went back to Yoda to complete his unfinished training which Yoda mentions he must face his father once more to become a Jedi. Still able to see the light in Darth Vader in all that darkness and saving his father even after loosing an arm by him during his first lightsaber duel, confronting him again about becoming Anakin but failing, being worried about the threat towards Leia joining the Dark Side and defeating him in his second lightsaber duel. This ultimately is what made Luke Skywalker a Jedi Knight. And finally, becoming a wise old master still able to be there for his friends in need, to conclude with an epic ending.
Post edited by MakinATrillion on

Replies

• DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    I absolutely love Yoda in Empire. He kind of sums up everything I love about the OT. He’s fun, kinda goofy, and usually doesn’t take things too seriously, but on a dime can shift to reflective, somber, ominous, and genuinely wise without feeling inconsistent. Other star wars films since Empire have tried and failed to reach that same tonal range and balance but usually end up feeling pandering, forced, and inconsistent.

However, his character wouldn’t work without his excellent design. Like many star wars creatures and droids, he’s more expressive than most of the human characters and is capable of remarkably subtle facial movements that successfully sell his shifts in tone.

It’s a shame he wasn’t in the prequels (you can’t convince me he was).
  • Zombie961
    1819 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Darth Bane. Always love the villains, remade the Sith into the galactic conquering force it was, general bad*****, philosopher, and curved hilt sabers >
  • Ahsoka Tano.
    Because she went from an annoying jungling to a really smart and agile padavan and later a leader/teacher bad **** fighter in rebels. However I liked TCW much more than Rebels, but for me the episodes with her was the best Rebels episodes. I think it helped her to be my favourite to see her more on screen because she is a TV show character. Otherwise it would be Obi-Wan. ;-)
  • Maul (clone wars/Rebels) he is the character that I can relate to IRL. And we kinda act similar. Either really wise or insane
  • Anakin/Vader, because he really kept it entertaining in all 6 movies.
  • ****, this thread was brought back to life!
  • Revan. One of the very few characters to use both sides of the Force with total mastery
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Darth Maul. Best George Lucas bad guy ever. I was actually hoping they were going to figure out a way to bring him back in Episode II or III (like they did in Clone Wars/Rebels).

Although I do identify with Luke - I'm kinda whiney and say "Noooo!" a lot - especially when my kids ask for money and stuff) and I'm getting older and grumpy. So that works too.
    Post edited by Nikoms565 on
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Wil
    140 posts Member
    Vader is such an iconic villain. Plus we got to see his rise and fall in my beloved prequels. I guess I'll give it to him despite stiff competition from Yoda, Han, and Obi-Wan, with Kylo and Phasma losing to nostalgia. (Sorry not sorry for loving the prequels AND Kylo :smile: )
  • Got to go with general grievous (legends). Just an overall awesome character who slaughters everything in his path and he proves you dont need the force to go toe to toe with a jedi.
  • Ahsoka in TCW - she embodies all our ****'s at the Jedi and how they conduct themselves and, in the grand scheme, all of politics, really. She's also one of the few characters we get in any of the SW media that's more then an interesting caricature - she has literal and figurative growth - so by the end of TCW and in Rebels she's more then just a 'thing' or an 'ideal' she's like, a person.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • It seems that you really love Luke, l love him too, that is why I hated that garbage (The Last Jedi)

My favorite characters are Darth Vader, Obi-Wan, Luke,, Yoda and Thrawn
  • Take a wild guess ;)
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • DatBoi wrote: »
    I absolutely love Yoda in Empire. He kind of sums up everything I love about the OT. He’s fun, kinda goofy, and usually doesn’t take things too seriously, but on a dime can shift to reflective, somber, ominous, and genuinely wise without feeling inconsistent. Other star wars films since Empire have tried and failed to reach that same tonal range and balance but usually end up feeling pandering, forced, and inconsistent.

However, his character wouldn’t work without his excellent design. Like many star wars creatures and droids, he’s more expressive than most of the human characters and is capable of remarkably subtle facial movements that successfully sell his shifts in tone.

Was he in The Last Jedi?
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Jar Jar
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    DatBoi wrote: »

Was he in The Last Jedi?

I think he was. Others might disagree
  • Xoulrath
    101 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    ElleMadara wrote: »
    It seems that you really love Luke, l love him too, that is why I hated that garbage (The Last Jedi)

My favorite characters are Darth Vader, Obi-Wan, Luke,, Yoda and Thrawn
    My favorite characters are definitely Luke and Mace (which is why I am so sad that Mace sucks in this game lol).

And yes, I agree 100% with you about TLJ. Thanks, Disney, for basically murdering a great franchise that I grew up with. Not to mention killing years and years of great stories that were previously canon before you decided that you didn't have enough money. Dumb frickin mouse... (end rant lol)

• Ahsoka in TCW - she embodies all our ****'s at the Jedi and how they conduct themselves and, in the grand scheme, all of politics, really. She's also one of the few characters we get in any of the SW media that's more then an interesting caricature - she has literal and figurative growth - so by the end of TCW and in Rebels she's more then just a 'thing' or an 'ideal' she's like, a person.

Ahsoka and Asajj for all the reasons listed there. Easily two of the best developed characters in Star Wars. Their lives are like mirrors of each other, but not in the typical lazy “...his twin, but with a goatee and facial scar, so he’s evil” sort of way.
  • Yoda, ever since I was a kid.
    Guild Leader of CHAL | Member of the WWL Alliance
  • Yoda for ligthside, just cus he's awesome and one of his species, and kicks butt in episode 3.
    And darkside Palpatine, just because
  • DatBoi wrote: »

Was he in The Last Jedi?

Are you going based on whether or not he was CGI? Because that puppet was AWFUL.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member

Was he in The Last Jedi?

Are you going based on whether or not he was CGI? Because that puppet was AWFUL.

It was a bit jarring initially, but it’s better than CGI and I liked how his character was written
  • I can't decide between several. Revan, Dash Rendar, Bane, Malgus, Ulic Qel-Droma, Sion, Windu, just to name a few. My tastes have always been more towards the old republic, and the expanded universe of Star Wars. I'm a fan of Jedi and Sith mostly, and can't get enough of those factions. Yes I know Dash isn't a Jedi or Sith, but he was an awesome character with an awesome ship.
  • My Favorites:

Light Side: Yoda, Skywalker, Ewoks, C-3P0, BB-8, R2D2, Obi Wan, Mace Windu, Kanan Jarrus/Caleb Dume, Alexandr Kallus, C1-10P ''Chopper'', Ahsoka Tano.

Dark Side: Captain Phasma, Vader, Praetorian Guards, Jango Fett, FO Executioner, Death Trooper, Emperor Sheev Palpatine, Darth Tyrannus/Count Dooku, General Grievous.

No affiliation: Porg
  • NgH
    59 posts Member
    Revan. Hands down.
  • Thrawn. In Legends and Canon, he's just so far above and beyond anyone else around at tactics and strategy. He's always manipulating his enemies to ultimately help him more than hinder him, and he is easily the most competent person in the Empire. Plus, he's a Chiss and they're just cool.
  • You know for the longest time, probably since I first saw Star Wars in Kindergarten my favorite character was always Darth Maul. But After watching The Clone Wars series SPOILER ALERT I didn't like how Darth Maul was portrayed. Especially when he had to fight against Darth Sidious. It was like he was weak and pathetic which like I understand because Darth Sidious was the Master and Darth Maul was on trash island for years loosing his mind, but idk.

I've been a fan of General Grievous because I've always liked droids. I've liked Obi-Wan and Anakin (Darth Vader) and honestly my new favorite character would have to be Jyn Erso. I just really loved that movie too much, but the idea of how she grew up and became a beast is awesome. But still Luke is my favorite hands down.
  • Obi Wan Kenobi...he kicked the crap outta Vader. He's the number one Jedi imo.
  • Greivous oh yeah