Struggling with P2-4 HAAT

Angeloonie
21 posts Member
edited January 2018
I'm currently having trouble doing any significant damage in the HAAT. I can solo the Rancor raid with a CLS team and I can solo P1 if I can force myself to pay attention to the rage timer (xD). But for P2-4 I'm having trouble doing anything worth noting, with my Rebels in P2 I might get around 800-1000k or something, but that's it. In total I got 2,4 mil in the last HAAT.

I've been looking at HAAT guides (http://petebutler.co.uk/mrpi/ and http://roughnecks.me/player_tools.php) but there's just so many teams possible that I can't decide which would be best to focus on building in the long run.

These are my characters, and I'd love some pointers as what would be most efficient to focus on :)
https://swgoh.gg/u/angeloonie/collection/

Replies

• Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    I would finish up First Order so as to unlock BB8 at 7*.
    BB8 has been instrumental in getting ridiculously good scores in HAAT.
  • Huatimus wrote: »

FO is basically finished apart from the ST, I had the FOO and FOTP at 100/100, upgraded them to 7* now. For the FOST I have 30/85, so 155 shards to go before the next event.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Angeloonie wrote: »
    Huatimus wrote: »

FO is basically finished apart from the ST, I had the FOO and FOTP at 100/100, upgraded them to 7* now. For the FOST I have 30/85, so 155 shards to go before the next event.

After the initial delay of 4 months for the release of Legendary events, they usually enter a 2 month rotation. I would highly recommend that you prepare to finish up those 155 shards within 2 months.
    Angeloonie wrote: »

After the initial delay of 4 months for the release of Legendary events, they usually enter a 2 month rotation. I would highly recommend that you prepare to finish up those 155 shards within 2 months.

Yep, I have been doing FO sharding ever since the BB8 event was announced, with a small break to gear up Farmboy Luke and Old Ben for CLS.

Problem is that a lot of the setups also use Thrawn and my phoenix squad is not ready for that by a long shot. But I guess my focus should be:

- Get BB8 (7* FOST and gear up toons if needed)
    - Get Thrawn (7* Chopper (3*), Ezra (4*), Hera (5*) and gear up if needed)
    - Get JTR (get BB8, get veteran chewie/han solo, Finn)

At the moment it seems impossible to finish preparing for the next JTR event as I have to fully star/gear up 4 characters for that. Thrawn also seems impossible to 7*, however he can also be useful at 6* so maybe that should be my aim for now.
    BB-8 seems quite possible. It also depends if there will be any themed bundles that offer a lot of shards.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    How does tiepatine do in phase 3 for you. TFP Palpatine sth sun fact and storm trooper.

Also who do you use with cls in phase 1. There are a few Jyn teams that do well in phase 3 if you haven't used her with cls.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    RJT will take about 5 months to return (based on CLS return) so I would not worry about it that much for now. Thrawn would need to be 7* for HAAT so I really wouldn't stop at 6*.
  • Resistance team does great damage in P2 and can solo P4. I would say it's the easiest F2P team you can farm for HAAT. BB8 does make it better but doesn't have to be in the team. Scavenger Rey in place of BB8. You need Zeta on Finns leadership ability to make it work.

The JTR is not AUTO. If you watch the video carefully, he had the auto button on but he target the tanks/b2. It’s not a bad team, but it’s NOT full AUTO.
  • Well, I have a JTR Resistance Team with Finn, BB8, R2 and Rey (Scav) and besides phase 1 I get ridiculous amounts of damage ever since with Phase 3 being the by far lowest at like 2.4 mil (that being said, BB isn’t even zeta‘d, as is Rey (besides her leader ability)
  • In almost exactly same situation. FTP players are nearly always chasing, that's life. Missed CLS first time so farm OB and STH. Missed BB-8, still doing FO (will be ready next time - got 5* last time but that doesn't help me much). Missed RJT so farm vets (yes people predicted it but there is a limit to how much you can do and need focus). Rumours of Revan coming needing sith assassin and trooper, won't be ready if that is true.

Oh well, I enjoy game and accept I will be constantly 6 months behind. Again, that's life.

Sometimes you luck out. BB-8 and CLS were stuff many could have had the toons. I didn't. I had hoped on NS rework I would finally be ahead of the game, had all old NS but sadly no, new approach..... Oh well, maybe I luck out at some point but hey, if not then while I still enjoy playing then all good.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Cossin wrote: »
    Well, I have a JTR Resistance Team with Finn, BB8, R2 and Rey (Scav) and besides phase 1 I get ridiculous amounts of damage ever since with Phase 3 being the by far lowest at like 2.4 mil (that being said, BB isn’t even zeta‘d, as is Rey (besides her leader ability)

You want more TMR for p3 instead of full res. Add CLS to that team and it will be much better.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Ipoopsy2 wrote: »

The JTR is not AUTO. If you watch the video carefully, he had the auto button on but he target the tanks/b2. It’s not a bad team, but it’s NOT full AUTO.

I ran that team in P4 before. I didn’t have enough damage to clear P4 because I was using Thrawn but the AI somehow knew to target the B2 first then the turrets. It was a pleasant surprise and definitely a full Auto for me.
  • I'm shifting my focus. I'm not going all in for Phoenix anymore, as it's obvious that I'm not going to make it in time. Chopper is only 3* and barely farmable. I'll keep farming him from cantina but he's not the main focus.

I'm going to prepare for JTR, BB8 should be achievable next time (FO ST is 51/85, rest is 7*), so I'm going to focus on farming for the Veterans and Finn. If history repeats it should be around april/may the Rey event repeats so that's 3 months to farm those 3 toons.
  • Here is a link to our merc group, we have guys that can teach you and your guild what you need to know. We jump over during breaks and tw to help you do a couple tanks.
  • Hah! Preparing for JTR paid of, I was done 2 weeks ago. Lucky I threw everything at that as I didn't expect her back yet.

Phoenix is now also ready for Thrawn 7*, have him at 6* already now, so just waiting for the event to come around. Chimaera should also be in reach as I'm just finishing up on my Phantom II.