244 posts Member
edited January 2018
Hi all!

Finally i got my Baze on 3*.

My new setup should be as follows:

Wedge 7* (Lead) - Biggs 7* - Chirrut 5* - Baze 3* - R2D2 5*

My old setup:

Wedge 7* (Lead) - Biggs 7* - Lando 7* - Boba 7* - STH 7*

I move between rank ~120 - 180 in Arena.

https://swgoh.gg/u/terpentin300/ (updated 15 hours ago)

My question is, if my old setup is better than my new one? I mean, is Chirrut on 5* and Baze on 3* worth it? I read, that Stars does not affect the Defense Stats, so that Baze can have even at 3* huge amount of Defense, Health, Protection etc. Is that right?

The other question is how to mod Baze. Health Mods seems legit to me. But Arrow Mod with Speed Primary or Protection?

Croaching Rancor recommend the following mods:

Set1 Set2 Set3 - All Heatlh
Square Arrow Diamond Triangle Circle Cross
Offense Speed Defense Protection Protection Protection

I'm afraid of loosing much ranks in arena now.

Post edited by Terpentin300 on

Replies

• Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Yeah new lineup is way better by miles. Not many characters can take care of chirrut and baze with ease, even at low stars, especially when combined with R2's smokescreen.
    Old lineup is very fragile, because one can just remove taunt of STH and kill one by one by one. Probably starting from taking down Wedge, then Lando, then Biggs, then Boba, and STH for the last.

All offensive and defensive stats are influenced by stars, except protection, which is solely based on gear level.

For modding Baze, protection primaries, health/defense sets, speed arrow will be best. Because health primaries improve health by little bit, while protection primaries give a ton. Defense helps a lot too. Speed arrow for Baze to use his buff removal quickly.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    While your swgoh.gg has not updated yet I will agree that the stars on your tank isn't essential but the gear is. Are you ready to gear viii baze? If not I would hold off switching teams until you are ready to bring his gear upto the rest of the team's.
  • Thx for your response and advise!

You´re right, i felt that my old setup was very squishy. But i have the feeling, that i miss some damage without Lando and Boba. Especially the AOE of Lando nukes down a whole Nightsister Team with ease.
  • @Naraic Currently gear of baze is Vii. But in a few days it should be Viii :)
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    @Naraic Currently gear of baze is Vii. But in a few days it should be Viii :)

I'd wait for that before switching. I would also keep gearing lando and boba when possible. Lando and Boba can be swapped in when you need more aoe damage. You are giving up some dps but you shouldn't be locked to five characters.
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Baze is also a good enough counter to NS, because of his AOE buff removal. Also Chirrut will constantly remove plagues by healing to max health quite often. Lando has so many weaknesses. His constant AOE ironically has made him one of the worst characters against Rex teams and CLS teams.
    Also Boba is very situational. He is a possible counter to Chaze combo, but not an optimal one. If he can't execute Chirrut with one shot, he will only make Baze to taunt again and Chirrut will heal himself to max health again. And 7* Boba cannot execute 5* Chirrut with 5 or so buffs. He really needs a ton of buffs and it's more of a gamble. Better strategy against Chaze teams is to just have your own Chaze, instead of Boba. Wiggs will do more than enough damage for you.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Lando has so many weaknesses. His constant AOE ironically has made him one of the worst characters against Rex teams and CLS teams.

And against Phoenix.
  • Naraic wrote: »
    Lando has so many weaknesses. His constant AOE ironically has made him one of the worst characters against Rex teams and CLS teams.

And against Phoenix.

Cause of Retribution?
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Naraic wrote: »

And against Phoenix.

Cause of Retribution?

When everyone can counter attack aoe just invites pain. Especially since we rely on the ai to run our teams on defense.
  • Yeah bite the bullet, stop gearing up Lando & Boba and focus on your new team. Boba is needed for ships though, but your squad arena focus should move away from him now.
  • Terpentin300
    244 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Thank you both for your help! I will keep Boba and Lando for situationally arena fights, farming Baze asap to Viii and mod him as mentioned.