Will I make it?

So,Im fairly new player (lvl 65,couple of 7*,couple of 6*,couple of 5*),and I have couple of questions about Yoda event at the end of this month.
I am assembling a team of Jedi in order to get 5* Yoda.I have 7* Luminara 7g lvl and 5* Mace and JC 7g lvl.Im currently farming Old Ben (need maybe 30 shards for 5*),he has already 7g lvl and Ezra (he is on 3*) 7g lvl.
My questions are:
- do I have enough time to grind Ezra to 5*?
- Are these 5 Jedis going to be enough to get 5* Yoda?
- Should I grind for more Jedis via energy because right now,Old Ben and Ezra are obtainable through Cantina (sometimes in the shop)?

Replies

• Options
    Do not spend any additional resources trying to unlock Yoda in time, he's not very good. He'll be back in 2 months and you'll easily be ready by then. A long long time ago I spent energy getting Kit Fisto to 5* in time for the event, it was a complete waste and I regretted it. I should have just waited because Yoda ended up sitting on my bench. If you were going to farm Ezra from cantina anyway then go for it, but don't spend crystals on refreshes just to get Yoda a little earlier, it's not worth it.
  • Options
    I can't say on the time for ezra, but when i did his 7* tier last time I did the most random bunch of Jedi with like 3 of them at level 70 so If you get them to 5* you should be good. Shoot, I would just throw whatever random 5* jedis you have
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Yes, these jedi should be able to complete the event.
    If you're worried about wether you'll make it or not you could always buy shards fir Old Ben and Ezra from various shops (Guild, fleet etc.).
  • Options
    Thanks guys,I already had couple of Jedis on 5*,Old Ben seemed as a good tank for a newbie like me and Im also grinding for Phoenix team so Ezra is a must have anyway.I know Yoda isnt that good (maybe the weakest legendary character?) but I really want him.I dont spend any crystals on grinding so I hope I will grind 5* Ezra in about 3 weeks although I am worried about Ezra and it seems it will be hard to farm him without spending resources...
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks guys,I already had couple of Jedis on 5*,Old Ben seemed as a good tank for a newbie like me and Im also grinding for Phoenix team so Ezra is a must have anyway.I know Yoda isnt that good (maybe the weakest legendary character?) but I really want him.I dont spend any crystals on grinding so I hope I will grind 5* Ezra in about 3 weeks although I am worried about Ezra and it seems it will be hard to farm him without spending resources...

As a newer player, spending crystals on energy refreshes for farming is far and away the best thing you can spend them on. You get your teams built faster, you level up faster, you get a bunch of other materials and stuff from the nodes at the same time, and you can't get your 600 guild tickets daily without doing at least one refresh.
  • Options
    Liath wrote: »

As a newer player, spending crystals on energy refreshes for farming is far and away the best thing you can spend them on. You get your teams built faster, you level up faster, you get a bunch of other materials and stuff from the nodes at the same time, and you can't get your 600 guild tickets daily without doing at least one refresh.

Yeah,I am aware of that.I use crystals only for that purpose and since Ezra is also Rebel and Phoenix,I will spend some to farm him (if I dont make it on free-mode).Thanks aloy guys for your help.

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

Yeah,I am aware of that.I use crystals only for that purpose and since Ezra is also Rebel and Phoenix,I will spend some to farm him (if I dont make it on free-mode).Thanks aloy guys for your help.

Ok. I only posted that because you said "I don't spend any crystals on grinding."
  • Options

Ok. I only posted that because you said "I don't spend any crystals on grinding."

Oh,I meant in this particular situation since Ezra (Phoenix squad) wont be available to me for quite some time so i preffer to spend some crystals in order to strenghten my current squad or something I would love to have in the future (I really like siths) :)
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I know Yoda isnt that good (maybe the weakest legendary character?)

It's debatable. Emperor Palpatine isn't great either but he has better support and you need his faction.

Yoda is good but he is nothing special and he doesn't have a good faction.

Palpatine similarly is nothing special but his faction is better, he has raid use and you need empire for dstb.

I will pick up Yoda eventually but not this time. I will eventually use old Ben (cls) Ezra and Kanan (phoenix) and consular (ships) and one other. Not sure who.