Who's excited for General Grievous in the shard shop tomorrow?

Prev134
Abyss
1651 posts Member
edited February 2016
I know i am!!!!!!!!

Who's excited for General Grievous in the shard shop tomorrow? 258 votes

Super excited
36%
Hyperalloyrocknroll64LordYUGOLOTHBarrokdarksideDrPancakesbleeaauuhdiangeloSniperchiefJangoAbyssNaecabonDeathSSlayerHBu3NoBuddhaboneDempseyCallstackdano7591SixplicitAggropox 94 votes
Meh, im good either way
51%
Inhumanesnow6Stekcir_LeinadRolfXzerynTelaanilyanorXyoLargKelleincosmicturtle333CythisDarkIricsPreemo_MaginReven96StevoHuitzyJaegerCazaanPoerliGeddre 134 votes
Who is Grievous again???
11%
ZarAziGenakumaNarmaciljeremyj26hotdogreentjw_tjw14FinnAlecationBogsquashJonoVDHKwynne4444Juan123AKK889GeofRivLordZenOobydoobtheVisnoZKlegenyPetrozzaArube 30 votes

Replies

• Options
    Bleh how about Jabba instead
  • Options
    Meh, im good either way
    I would like to now if he´s going to be avaiable permanently, that would be awesome :smile:
    My Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes channel: youtube.com/channel/UChbo9FA2_LS9XqlQG1AqXMQ
  • Options
    Meh, im good either way
    Let the whales have him.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Options
    Meh, im good either way
    Yeah, I'm excited to get him unlocked approximately never.
  • Options
    why should i care? Ill never get him.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    Meh, im good either way
    Tagichatn wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm excited to get him unlocked approximately never.
    This is my worry.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Options
    Super excited
    I am pumped. One of my favorite characters!
  • Options
    Meh, im good either way
    Mainly because it will take ages before I get enough extra shards...
  • Options
    Meh, im good either way
    Is it Grevious for sure?
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Super excited
    Wow, why does everyone keep sayin they wont be able to get him or only whales will????
    There is no foundation for such claims lol

Its super easy to farm extra shards if you choose to do so and whales are not the only ones with multiple 7* toons so the more you progress, the faster/easier extra shards become to aquire.

Also understand that the shard shop was not (is not) meant to farm toons so adding an exclusive toons that can only be farmed there means they almost certainly will allow you to aquire more then 2 shards per day and most likely at a more reasonable rate.
  • Options
    Super excited
    Super excited to get him.
  • Options
    Yeah im not sure why i always see people saying the shard exchange is for the whales. Everyone should have a maxed arena and gw shipment character. Which can just get easily shards for every day, about 375 exchange currency a day.
  • Options
    I'm excited depending on the circumstances surrounding his release.
  • Options
    Super excited
    Probably wont be able to get him for at least a month, but i want to see his abilites and such
  • Options
    Abyss wrote: »
    Wow, why does everyone keep sayin they wont be able to get him or only whales will????

Its super easy to farm extra shards if you choose to do so and whales are not the only ones with multiple 7* toons so the more you progress, the faster/easier extra shards become to aquire.

Also understand that the shard shop was not (is not) meant to farm toons so adding an exclusive toons that can only be farmed there means they almost certainly will allow you to aquire more then 2 shards per day and most likely at a more reasonable rate.

Well the conversion rate is 10:1. Let's say General Grievous or whoever takes 80 shards to unlock. A f2p with 7* from arena, gw and cantina will be able to get 30 shards a day. This means he will have to trade all those shards for 27 days to just unlock the exclusive character. Doesn't sound viable to me.
    The shard shop is for whales and dolphins.
  • Options

Well the conversion rate is 10:1. Let's say General Grievous or whoever takes 80 shards to unlock. A f2p with 7* from arena, gw and cantina will be able to get 30 shards a day. This means he will have to trade all those shards for 27 days to just unlock the exclusive character. Doesn't sound viable to me.

Devs have been quoted as saying the rate won't be that high. But who knows. If it is... Then whale only. If not... Whales get him fast and everyone else farms
  • Options
    Super excited
    I want to see his kit before I judged them I'll see if he is worth the trouble.
  • Options
    Meh, im good either way
    Depends on what his utility is and how hard it is to farm him, I'm currently building my droid team and just about have it all at 7 minus poggle. so itll be interesting to see his use and where he lands.
  • Options
    Meh, im good either way
    Of course its "possible" for a FTP to save shards from a maxed out character, but if they are truly FTP or near FTP and started from day one... most likely have 3 maxed out toons at MOST... if not only two or even just one. you need ten times the shards for this exclusive character if the payout ratio stays the same and thats just stupid for a FTP to pursue under all circumstances.

lmao at a player with 1 maxed out toon and a 4 star Grevious and 18, 3 star toons VS 2 maxxed out toons and 4 and 5 star backups farmed in the same amount of time.
  • Options
    As a F2P i have three 7* characters total. I am not buying extra shards in GW or Arena to trade them in 10-1. I rather increase my roster size then get a single character that may or may not benefit me. I would like Grievous but not worth it to me yet at this point. Maybe one day it will (a year from now).
  • Options
    Ok, what if the cough was not eluding to Gen G but instead to the fact that's it's not a 'new' character, ie we have seen him before, eg Jedi Luke or the emperor
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Super excited

Lol your missing it, as it stands, you can only purchase 1 set if shards of each available toon per day so your example of the current 10:1 is meaningless. FTP with minimal currency available or whale with hundreads of thousands currency available currently can still only purchase the same minimal ammount of extra shards per day.

It makes 0 difference weather your a whale or not. They will allow you to get more shards of the exclusive toon per day and they'll likely cost less per currency (both points were from a dev) so again, claiming the shard shop is only for whales is just assinine. Its simply innaccurate and untruthful. Its up to each player how they play, what they farm, if they farm, etc. if a FTP has 1 toon at 7* they can start farming the exclusive toon if they choose to do so. Them choosing NOT to do so or in some cases giving up before hes even here does NOT make it a whale only thing smh
  • Options
    I'm f2p haven't even got a character to 5* let alone 7* I must be doing it wrong
  • Options

Lol your missing it, as it stands, you can only purchase 1 set if shards of each available toon per day so your example of the current 10:1 is meaningless. FTP with minimal currency available or whale with hundreads of thousands currency available currently can still only purchase the same minimal ammount of extra shards per day.

It makes 0 difference weather your a whale or not. They will allow you to get more shards of the exclusive toon per day and they'll likely cost less per currency (both points were from a dev) so again, claiming the shard shop is only for whales is just assinine. Its simply innaccurate and untruthful. Its up to each player how they play, what they farm, if they farm, etc. if a FTP has 1 toon at 7* they can start farming the exclusive toon if they choose to do so. Them choosing NOT to do so or in some cases giving up before hes even here does NOT make it a whale only thing smh

How is the conversionrate of 10:1 meaningless to f2p? Sure you can only get 1 shipment per day, but in order to get that shipment a f2p have to trade in 20 excess shards (we don't know the rate for the exclusive character) And in order to get the hero to 7* it would require 3300 extra shards, enough to farm 10 other heroes to 7*. Sure it can be done, but I doubt any smart f2p will throw away their other farm for just one hero.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Super excited

How is the conversionrate of 10:1 meaningless to f2p? Sure you can only get 1 shipment per day, but in order to get that shipment a f2p have to trade in 20 excess shards (we don't know the rate for the exclusive character) And in order to get the hero to 7* it would require 3300 extra shards, enough to farm 10 other heroes to 7*. Sure it can be done, but I doubt any smart f2p will throw away their other farm for just one hero.

Again, that choice is for everyone to make for themselves. Saying its whale only because it takes FTP longer is not true. They can do it just as fast at current exchange rate and both have the potential to do it faster if its a more favorable rate. Either way, its 100% accessible to every player with at least 1x 7* toon.

If whales can farm it faster, is that not the proper way of things anyway? They paid for their shards, shouod they not be able to use them? Ppl (not saying you) are always saying things like this about whales like its a bad thing that they can farm faster....... Just makes no sense, thats the point of being a whale as i understand it lol. Im no whale but have been saving all i can to help farm the exclusve as fast as possible sinply because its free for everyone and i have been trying to save specifically because its NOT only for whales
  • Options
    Who is Grievous again???

Again, that choice is for everyone to make for themselves. Saying its whale only because it takes FTP longer is not true. They can do it just as fast at current exchange rate and both have the potential to do it faster if its a more favorable rate. Either way, its 100% accessible to every player with at least 1x 7* toon.

If whales can farm it faster, is that not the proper way of things anyway? They paid for their shards, shouod they not be able to use them? Ppl (not saying you) are always saying things like this about whales like its a bad thing that they can farm faster....... Just makes no sense, thats the point of being a whale as i understand it lol. Im no whale but have been saving all i can to help farm the exclusve as fast as possible sinply because its free for everyone and i have been trying to save specifically because its NOT only for whales

Pretty much is whales only..... the fact that it takes 3300 extra shards to get 1 7* character is ridiculous... the only people who have that many are people who buy a ton of chromium packs or a few that stockpiled because they knew about shard shop... Obviously it not just for whales but it also takes way to long to get that many extra shards. the reward just doesn't pay out.
  • Options

I have no problems with the shard shop nor whales. And I'm glad the whales can do something with their excess shard. I never said anything about whales farming faster or whatever. All I said was I think it's not smart for a f2p to trade in their farm for the new hero in the shard shop.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    Super excited
    I've been seeing alot lately about how grevious will be more affordable than the other characters available in the shard shop
  • Options
    All speculation atm
  • xJazzx
    808 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Baldo wrote: »
    I've been seeing alot lately about how grevious will be more affordable than the other characters available in the shard shop

It's possible but unlikely since it means the other characters in the Shard Shop are more expensive as a result and a cheaper Greivous will just ruin their shard economy and discourage spending on other shards