Engine/Graphics/Immersion Update?

Cossin
301 posts Member
So first and foremost:
This is supposed to be a question addressed to the community 1st, the devs 2nd; not a feedback!!!!

I just have happened to see another game, which is coming out this year worldwide that has exactly what I feel is lacking regarding SWOGH, and I love SWGOH and don‘t think there is much lacking (besides stuff that keeps getting mentioned

Replies

• Cossin
    301 posts Member
    Options
    Uhm, @Kyno is it possible that some part of my post got spam filtered?!
  • Old_Man_Jenkins
    234 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    If you are talking about the new marvel game coming out, it's coming out 2 years later than this one, and I'm not even sure they are run on the same engine. A big graphics/animation overhaul probably won't happen as long as they are pushing gameplay through.

You realize that would be ~138 characters they would have to update right? Would you rather have the graphics overhaul in 6 months and no new characters, or new characters for 6 months and no graphics overhaul?
    Post edited by Old_Man_Jenkins on
  • Options
    whats wrong with the graphics now?
  • Options
    Maybe we can start from DN LOL. DN's animation is always broken, though was claimed to be fixed several times.
  • Options
    Gameplay>>>>graphics.
    I always loved to play heroes of might and magic, and you know the best was always the III, even when there were 2 or 3 newer version.
    Better graphics just force us to change our phone to a newer one with stronger hardware while the joy would not increase at all.
    This is my opinion.
  • Options
    Fürkész wrote: »
    Gameplay>>>>graphics.
    I always loved to play heroes of might and magic, and you know the best was always the III, even when there were 2 or 3 newer version.
    Better graphics just force us to change our phone to a newer one with stronger hardware while the joy would not increase at all.
    This is my opinion.

I agree, never got the same feel for Heroes of might and magic IV or later
  • Options
    They can’t even get bb8s basic to stop glitching when it takes like 10 seconds to attack with bb8.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to correct sub forum.

The usual suspect for the spam filter is edits. It sees edits as another post, so consecutive edits are flagged as spam posts.
  • Cossin
    301 posts Member
    Options
    @Kyno
    Hmmmm, I don‘t know why, but it seems the post was cut off for some reason after posting. Only thing that comes to mind, could it be, that a smiley corrupted the post?
    I gonna rewrite it, once I get home.

On topic:
    Yes, I am talking about the Marvel game and I am fully aware, that there are 2 year between (not counting the development time either game might have had)

And while I agree that gameplay >>>>>> graphics I cannot say, that I wouldn‘t mind gradual reworks (let‘s say Clone Wars Chewie in comparison to Vet Chewie)
    And, they wouldn‘t have to overhaul them all in the same update.
    You could update a toon every odd patch/update.
    As far as I am aware, there wouldn‘t be much coding involved for idle animations. Create animation, add random X timer.
    Yet, I guess that direct interaction might be different (on that part you wouldn‘t necessarily have to update the skins first, either.)

As far as I understand, once you click a button the game has generated your result and gives you damage numbers / Text according to the result.
    Wouldn‘t it be theoretically possible, as the results are generated pretty much immediately, to add dodge animations as an example?

I‘d say you couldn‘t argue that it would look way better than other similar games.

And regarding the fleet, you wouldn‘t have to overhaul as many "entities" as you would have to do with heroes.