Potency/Speed for CLS solo

Dralkyr
457 posts Member
edited January 2018
Looking at my CLS I noticed 2 things: 1) He's at 195 speed; 2) He has 14.55% potency, ouch. My understanding from the forums here is that a solo CLS needs to be well above 200 speed. And under 15% potency feels way, way too low.
As for speed, I'm considering trying a Rancor run with Ackbar lead and CLS, that's it. I would get the +25 speed bonus from Ackbar lead, and whenever Ackbar uses It's a Trap or Tactical Genius, CLS would attack with his basic, hopefully removing 30% TM from Rancor.
With that, I'm wondering if I need to just get rid of other mods from CLS and just put my best/fastest Potency mods on him in order to keep TM off the big, bad Rancor.
https://swgoh.gg/u/dralkyr/collection/238/commander-luke-skywalker/

Replies

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    CLS puts tenacity down on the rancor so potency becomes irrelevant.
  • He gets 40% potency from his unique it binds all things, so you are at 55%, plus he applies tenacity down with his special.

I run Teebo lead, CLS, Rex, R2 and QGJ and it does it on auto. Have a search of the forums, I think CLS, Wedge and biggs can do it quickly too. Not seen Akbar in a Rancor squad.
  • He gets 40% potency from his unique it binds all things, so you are at 55%, plus he applies tenacity down with his special.

I run Teebo lead, CLS, Rex, R2 and QGJ and it does it on auto. Have a search of the forums, I think CLS, Wedge and biggs can do it quickly too. Not seen Akbar in a Rancor squad.

Oh that's how it works? I thought the +40% was "gains 40% of base Potency." That makes it a lot better than I thought. Is it still high enough, though? Since the Rancor always has base 15% Tenacity, that's still only 40 over the Rancor's base.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Dralkyr wrote: »
    He gets 40% potency from his unique it binds all things, so you are at 55%, plus he applies tenacity down with his special.

Oh that's how it works? I thought the +40% was "gains 40% of base Potency." That makes it a lot better than I thought. Is it still high enough, though? Since the Rancor always has base 15% Tenacity, that's still only 40 over the Rancor's base.

rancor's tenacity is way higher than 15%. However, he will always have a 15% chance to resist no matter how high your potency is. Simply putting tenacity down on the rancor decreases his chance to resist to 15% though, regardless of how low your potency is. A 1% potency toon will get resisted just as often as a 100% potency toon if the target has tenacity down.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Tenacity Down is unresistable so even a 0% Potency CLS is enough.
  • Thanks guys, that helps a lot. So thoughts on putting AA as lead with just CLS?
  • Honestly I have no idea if AA would work. I'll try it in a zero damage phase on airplane mode and see how it goes. My AA is only gear 10 though. My cls is gear 12, 259 speed.

I'll get back to you!
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Honestly I have no idea if AA would work. I'll try it in a zero damage phase on airplane mode and see how it goes. My AA is only gear 10 though. My cls is gear 12, 259 speed.

I'll get back to you!

If my CLS were g12 s259 I wouldn't worry about any additional speed :P
  • Dralkyr wrote: »
    Honestly I have no idea if AA would work. I'll try it in a zero damage phase on airplane mode and see how it goes. My AA is only gear 10 though. My cls is gear 12, 259 speed.

I'll get back to you!

If my CLS were g12 s259 I wouldn't worry about any additional speed :P

True! So I just tried it. AA died like 2/3 of the way thru phase 1, so I didn't let it finish because it would have just been cls soloing the whole thing basically.

I would go the route of Raid Han/Wiggs and CLS or some combination thereof. I was able to manually solo with gear 9, 190-something speed CLS and zeta Raid Han a while back before I beefed up CLS.
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • So my CLS is now g10 w/195 speed. I still wanted to try this route so I tried AA/CLS/Chirrut, which boosted CLS' speed to 220 and gave him a couple of extra attacks when AA used It's a Trap! and Tactical Genius and when Chirrut used As the Force Wills. I added Chirrut as a healer for AA since debuffs weren't landing. Though AA died part-way through P2, I wonder if the speed boost was worth it? CLS did eventually die from being eaten, but I wonder if dropping Chirrut would have been better and just left AA/CLS so the speed boost would continue throughout.
    Or should I just run CLS either by himself so every attack removes TM, or put him in my Teebo or Zader team?