Character Reveal: First Order Executioner

Replies

  • Coming out in marquee is fine, just get excited for whatever becomes farmable when the character is released. In this case it will be Kylo ren unmasked and the pilot (and their ships).

    So everyone wins!
  • Tavanh
    523 posts Member
    jstehly wrote: »
    I hope that it isn't a Marquee Event. I have nothing to spend GW, Arena, or Cantina currency on these days. Marquee Events feel like a cash grab. I know they need to make money, but it would be nice to mix up new character releases every now and then.
    Nothing you say? I spend mine to get more shards for the shard shop and Arena for credits. As for Cantina, I'm going to keep stockpiling it.
  • Nauros
    2783 posts Member
    Coming out in marquee is fine, just get excited for whatever becomes farmable when the character is released. In this case it will be Kylo ren unmasked and the pilot (and their ships).

    So everyone wins!

    Not so fast, I wouldn't call it exactly a win if KRU gets one 20-energy hard node...
    Revive the stores, the game needs it.
  • Ok sweet! Not what FO really needs against JTR squads but that is a nice addition to the faction.
    His kit is decent with the stacking and all, but i would have appreciated "can't be evaded", stun chance or deathmark with his special. Maybe one day with a future zeta.
  • 8/1/2018
  • There have been so many new characters being released but all of them are special marquee or legendary or just ridiculously hard to farm (vets on high cantina nodes) and even more that only unlock their main use through a zeta
    With the revealed FO executioner I can only hope that they’ll release him in the cantina store or arena store or the gw store because if I remember correctly it’s been since rogue 1 since anything has changed in there. We don’t need dozens of characters with multiple zetas that break the meta how bout just some change ups in the shops and some new characters to spend the currency on.
    Knowing this game tho FOE is almost assured to be a marquee release and won’t be farmable for several months where he’ll be put into a high hard node
  • Wait, the FOE can take down the tank by itself? Kinda sucks the fun out of haat
    Other than that, great job. FO definately needs more toons
  • I’m relatively new so I was wondering how long it typically takes between when they announce a new character and when it’s actually released. Days? Weeks? Months?
  • Rojas
    335 posts Member
    Ikky2win wrote: »
    I’m relatively new so I was wondering how long it typically takes between when they announce a new character and when it’s actually released. Days? Weeks? Months?

    days....
  • Ikky2win wrote: »
    I’m relatively new so I was wondering how long it typically takes between when they announce a new character and when it’s actually released. Days? Weeks? Months?

    For a character like this, I expect the event to be later this week.
  • Ikky2win wrote: »
    I’m relatively new so I was wondering how long it typically takes between when they announce a new character and when it’s actually released. Days? Weeks? Months?

    Few days to a week, generally. Unless it's a legendary.
  • The game is not the same any more, you have to understand it and accept it. Their methods of monetizing content has evolved to legendary events with fixed requirements and barely any time to farm them as well as marque events that allow you to have them at 2-3 stars and then pay for packs to upgrade.

    Unfortunaly the days of free characters are gone. The last time they added chracters to cantina shop, arena, GW or low cost nodes were phoenix for Thrawn and at the time we only had 1+1 weeks to get them to 7 stars. So that was calculated to still make money off packs cause 7 stars was impossible in 2 weeks.

    The world is changing to marginalize poor people. The philosophy of people has changed dramatically to where nothing gets done out of their hearts and definitely not quality. It's all about money and everything has a price. Fast lanes, slow lanes, pay and proceed or don't pay and get locked out. The world has changed, adapt or suffer, that's the world we live in unfortunately.
  • Would love to see some ds get some love with characters that don’t take 1 year to reach 7* with ftp which as a villains journey or another ds legendary but again we will get someone who they show is great in raid but unless you drop $$$$$$$ you won’t be able to use them until 2019
  • Liath
    4587 posts Member
    Pretty much all non-legendary characters are going to be marquee and follow the cadence, unless there's a specific reason to do otherwise I think (like Starck being straight to a store because he was already needed for DSTB). The hope is that once they get placed in farmable locations, that some of those locations include these shops. But the hope for that lies with Matt and FOSFTP right now, not with FOE.
  • NoobSaibot12321
    191 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I think the problem is't that f2p has to wait to farm these characters so much as them not keeping up with toon releases. Look at other star wars games compared to this one, we are way behind or we never get a toon at all. This is a problem.

    I know another game that Disney had a license with that behaved in this manner called Marvel Heroes, needless to say they lost there license.
  • Where did you guys read about FOE? Thanks in advance for the assistance and for the info.
  • Liath
    4587 posts Member
    Greeboy wrote: »
    Where did you guys read about FOE? Thanks in advance for the assistance and for the info.

    In the thread that this just got merged into, lol.
  • Liath wrote: »
    Greeboy wrote: »
    Where did you guys read about FOE? Thanks in advance for the assistance and for the info.

    In the thread that this just got merged into, lol.


    Lol I just saw that! I feel silly now!
  • Reveal was usually 2-3 days to be released, right?
  • JJWZP5
    440 posts Member
    Would be a great gesture if they made him farmable on release and allowed kru and fosftp farmable upon his release. Just bc the games DS roster is so severely lacking and we need toons for DS TB. Here’s to hoping
  • MakinATrillion
    84 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Good way to start the second week of a year long update journey for 2018 :)
  • Probably this Thursday 1-11-2018. That’s when marquee events usually start.
  • Wow, overwhelming response on this announcement.
  • Sayonara15
    11 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Just another reminder that you’ve had over 2 years to develop a Star Wars game, and:

    - Darth Vader and palpatine suck in combat and are owned by any decent character
    - Jedi are irrelevant/pointless
    - Bounty hunters are useless


    Those three are pretty much the fundamental tenets of Star Wars/any Star Wars game, having just one of them not up to scratch should be pretty alarming to you the developers of the Star Wars game if it occurred at any point in time.

    yet it has not occurred at a point in time, you have allowed it to go on for 2 years the last one of which, you had time for ewoks and nightsisters, who are one of the most minor and unimportant side notes of the SW universe (said as a clone wars fan). Either you are totally incompetent, or don’t care that an actual Star Wars game needs to have these characters and have tactically waited several years to make fundamental characters usable because you deem it more profitable, which isn’t acceptable. We need to play with these characters now.
  • Yusef
    40 posts Member
    Foe is a character that is probably coming coming o swgoh in a week or so. Anhaldt101 and MobileGamer showed beta footage of FOE. I really like his kit, in my opinon they should make some aloy more synergy with captain phasma and foe or yive kylo ren unmasked a better leadership
  • fox seems to hit really crazy hard and do it back to back almost like maul
  • Sayonara15 wrote: »
    Just another reminder that you’ve had over 2 years to develop a Star Wars game, and:

    - Darth Vader and palpatine suck in combat and are owned by any decent character
    - Jedi are irrelevant/pointless
    - Bounty hunters are useless


    Those three are pretty much the fundamental tenets of Star Wars/any Star Wars game, having just one of them not up to scratch should be pretty alarming to you the developers of the Star Wars game if it occurred at any point in time.

    yet it has not occurred at a point in time, you have allowed it to go on for 2 years the last one of which, you had time for ewoks and nightsisters, who are one of the most minor and unimportant side notes of the SW universe (said as a clone wars fan). Either you are totally incompetent, or don’t care that an actual Star Wars game needs to have these characters and have tactically waited several years to make fundamental characters usable because you deem it more profitable, which isn’t acceptable. We need to play with these characters now.

    I guess you forgot that Disney bought Star Wars and has two movies out with a third coming with new characters and stories. Please move into the present and let the past be the past.
  • Sayonara15
    11 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Sayonara15 wrote: »
    Just another reminder that you’ve had over 2 years to develop a Star Wars game, and:

    - Darth Vader and palpatine suck in combat and are owned by any decent character
    - Jedi are irrelevant/pointless
    - Bounty hunters are useless


    Those three are pretty much the fundamental tenets of Star Wars/any Star Wars game, having just one of them not up to scratch should be pretty alarming to you the developers of the Star Wars game if it occurred at any point in time.

    yet it has not occurred at a point in time, you have allowed it to go on for 2 years the last one of which, you had time for ewoks and nightsisters, who are one of the most minor and unimportant side notes of the SW universe (said as a clone wars fan). Either you are totally incompetent, or don’t care that an actual Star Wars game needs to have these characters and have tactically waited several years to make fundamental characters usable because you deem it more profitable, which isn’t acceptable. We need to play with these characters now.

    I guess you forgot that Disney bought Star Wars and has two movies out with a third coming with new characters and stories. Please move into the present and let the past be the past.

    Someone has taken on board the last Jedi a little too much lol...And which movies should those thank for their popularity? SW, probly the most popular film franchise ever, was created by Vader EP, luke, Han, leia. They built SW and the OT will always be a huge/main part of SW.... obviously, no debate there. The fact those three I mentioned need change is a fact, not up for debate.

    Yes the new movie has come out and they are under that pressure, but its been two years now and this still has no feel of an SW game. The time for leniency is well past and they have had more than enough time so no more excuses til it’s done. Besides they could have planned TLJ a long time ago. And they had time for Nightsisters and ewoks who are irrelevant and not those crucial SW things I mentioned? Times up, this SW game neeeds to become an SW game now and no more excuses and we’re sick of waiting.

    The fact that you haven’t sorted out Vader/ep, the face of the dark side of SW and some of the best movie characters of all time.... Jedi, probly the most common and famous concept of SW.... BH, crucial and awesome variety to any SW game, is like the main reason this game is hanging onto SW by a thread and doesn’t feel like an SW game. NIghtsisters..... are rampant yet Vader is useless... please.....

    Literally just sort out the characters actually key to SW, and your game is a great, diverse SW game, ok there will still be problems but it will be really legit so just do it. Just level out this game and then go from there.

    Literally what you guys should honestly do, is stop whatever you’re doing right now and just go rework EP and Vader and not come back til it’s done. I have played this game since 2015 waiting for some real SW, and it’s 2018 now.
Sign In or Register to comment.