P3 team opinion

On YouTube Nukin has a team called IGM(imperial grand maneuver) to solo p3 haat. Its zthrawn L, shore trooper, EP, tarkin and CLS.
My guild is building up for haat and I was farming shore but I'm a long ways off..
My question is, would RG be able to take shore troopers place with same results? With his ability that grants defense up for turret blast or no? I have the other 4 members just lacking shore and was wondering if anyone has ran this team? Thanks

Replies

• Aht1
    28 posts Member
    I currently built up this team as well. I know the same video as you. The you will get with RG is the lack of speed ShT provides. Everytime an imperial guy uses a special ability while ShT is taunting the ally gains 15% TM which is vital under this team if I understand the logic behind it the right way. You also need a quite high amount of speed on all of your troops.

To put it short. RG won't work.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Storm trooper or sing at would be better fits with this team but still not perfect and unlikely to pull off a solo of the phase.
  • fascizio
    572 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    You need shore's self/group heals on his taunt to solo in that group. Otherwise the cannon will eventually start killing people since Palps and Tarkin have relatively low health values.

Another potential option is the team I've been running to solo 3 for my guild. Keep Cls and Thrawn, but run R2, BB8, and raid Han.
  • Awesome. Thanks for the replies, I'll keep grinding away at shore trooper, and @fascizio I'm a couple weeks off of 7* raid Han but that's fine! Thanks for that idea!
  • Another question to see what y'all think, last AAT we ran, I did 15 million in damage and the next 2 in my guild each did 9 million, then a big handful of roughly 2 million damages.
    our leader who wasn't that active in this aat who has arguably the best roster in our guild only around 300k.
    So my question is how close do you guys think we are? Most of my damage came from p1 and I know its health is significantly reduced in HAAT.
  • Unfortunately it's nearly impossible to judge when you're ready for Heroic from normal completions. My guild got to the point where we were completing normal in a matter of hours, but because we had so many people that were doing their damage on "sub-optimal" teams we had a lot of trouble making the transition. If you have a good number of people who have really invested in resistance (can be used effectively in p2, 3, or 4) you may have a lot less trouble than us.

Ultimately you're just gonna have to take the plunge and make a run at it to see where you are at. Are you stalling out in p3? You may need someone that can do that phase solo like we do. Are you not even making it that far? Probably need to have some people put some more effort into resistance. The gap between difficulties is big enough that it's probably going to require some trial and error unfortunately.

Another thing to keep in mind is that cLuke can solo p1 easily as well (zKylo and zSavage still can too, but they take more time and effort), so in the early days you should be aiming for phase 1 completion without anyone in guild losing any characters.