Rancor Ranking Spankings

Replies

• Options
    So it should be based on who has the fastest processor to auto the raid on 4x...riiiiiight. This guy must be a great guildmate.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    OP must really hate TB/TW...imagine sharing equal rewards with those low life guildies of his!
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    wrekincruw wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    Who finishes first just encourages people to break raid rules, so I am very very very much against that.

And GP means that the same person wins each time, which is exactly what the randomization fixed, so I am very much against that too.

I am perfectly fine with randomization. So, no, you are not speaking for "the entire swgoh community."

Your probably only first due to randomness with that type of talk because anyone who finishes first or builds their Toons to a higher level will not agree with that at all dude, what sense does it make that I develop my characters and Toons to be last when you schmooze by due to a random 0101 . No thanks you work hard and develop your gameplay like everyone else, and if your guild mates are so low-life that they cheat that readily you need to find a new guild bud.

Did you notice how everyone who has posted on this thread so far has agreed with me and none of them have agreed with you? But no, go ahead and continue thinking it's just me.

Is just you the guys schmooze off of the stronger players to get rewards and build your characters up, because you haven't put in the real work you guys are the sponges in your guilds I bet that's why you would hate for it to be built off of Merit of your own actions

Sure. I will just leave this here to speak for itself.

W38LZOn.png
  • Options
    So everyone gets a trophy for showing up # NOWAY. What I'm saying is if I'm stronger have a more developed character base why is it that you guys think that I should have the same exact reward as someone who does not has not been playing longer has not more developed characters has a lower GP and does not finish the raid faster should get the same exact or better reward, there is no Sound Logic to that at all. And yes guildmates are supposed to help each other build the factors that if I'm able to finish the way it is helping everyone in general. So they are getting something out of it should they get as much as me when I am doing more the answer is no, and I know a lot of you guys know each other and all in the same Guild which is why you are saying that because who in their right mind does all the work and let somebody else gets the credit? In all honesty I would be fine when it comes down to it if we all got the same rewards but as far as someone getting a better reward no because that is a smack in the face it is saying no matter how hard you try it doesn't matter
  • Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    Vorgen wrote: »
    I bet when you are no longer top 3 gp in your guild you will then **** about why ties in raid shouldn’t be determined by amount of gp someone has and it should be broken by some other random variable you can find to make you top 3 again. Basically if you are not ranked high, it’s not fair to you.

My point is is that I develop my character more than others so why should I be rewarded less? that makes absolutely no sense work harder for Less that is the logic that you guys are saying to me right now, smh seriously think some of you just like to respond for ships and giggles

On average you finish average amongst those who can solo the raid. If it really means so much to you, that you call your guild mates low—lives for having less GP than you, then I'd advice you to move to a new guild where your GP is simply average. Then your average Rancor rank will match your GP.

No matter how many times you claim to speak for the gaming community, you're still wrong. The gaming community in general strongly disagrees with you.

I never said my guildmates were lowlifes I was speaking of that person's who commented because he said his Guild mates keep jumping the gun and are all likely ti cheat mines are not and if they ever try or did they will get booted that is just a common respect
  • Options
    Naraic wrote: »
    At the moment the rancour is too small a raid for big guilds. To be honest haat is too small a raid for big guilds.

Randomisation is ok. If you want to max your rewards go to a weaker guild where only you can solo.

That said it would be cool if you were ranked by the damage of the biggest single hit or something. Even better to get rid of the problem and move on to tier 8 raids.

If you perform 1st rate = you should get 1st place
  • Options
    Dralkyr wrote: »
    Vorgen wrote: »
    No one is saying what you are claiming they are. Liath, who you accused of "schmoozing" and being a "sponge" has been on the forums since October 2016 - almost a year longer than you. I'm sure he can solo Rancor every time. I'm also sure he doesn't, if his guild has rules in place to allow lower-level players to get rewards.
    It's a guild, man. It's a guild raid. It's designed to raise everyone up. I'm so, so glad you're not in my guild. And on that, I'm speaking for the whole SWGOH community.
    FYI, don't drop mics. They are expensive.

Im sorry how does how long he's been on a forum affect anything at all in this post that is what I mean by you guys logic what does that have to do with anything. The 0 damage ruleis what raises everyone up because that ensures everyone that who has participated gets something so they have growth and I'm not speaking of those weca guys I'm speaking of when it becomes deadlocked between members of The Guild who can solo. The whole idea of a random winneris poor, if that's the case finish the raid and just pick a random guy out of the entire guild if you really wanted to help the lower guildmates allow them to get first place regardless of how much you do but I bet you won't want that will you, at times like this I think to myself what Emperor Palpatine do? after usurping the Jedi and becoming the ultimate power in the universe after the war would he say hey Darth Maul even though you participated and I devised the master plan and put everything into motion why don't you become the Sith Lord and I be The Apprentice this time? Oh wait he fried off more in a crackle of lightning and claim ultimate power for himself as he deserved... yes only now in the end do you guys realize....lol
  • Options
    Sometimes the dude that worked hard to buy a brand new Ferrari gets stuck in traffic, while the guy barely living paycheck-to-paycheck and driving a '87 Volkswagen Rabbit passes him for no other reason than the blind luck that he was in the lane that's still moving. Sometimes the gal with the brand new Gucci handbag and Jimmy Choo shoes waits in line at the market while the lady with worn out sneakers and a cheap handbag gets served first, simply because she randomly chose a different checkout line. Life isn't always 'fair'. Get over it. Move on. Better yet, be happy that the weaker members in your guild get good rewards that can help them get better.
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Sounds like someone is only in a guild for the rewards.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    at times like this I think to myself what Emperor Palpatine do?

That explains so much.
  • Options
    AnnerDoon wrote: »
    Sometimes the dude that worked hard to buy a brand new Ferrari gets stuck in traffic, while the guy barely living paycheck-to-paycheck and driving a '87 Volkswagen Rabbit passes him for no other reason than the blind luck that he was in the lane that's still moving. Sometimes the gal with the brand new Gucci handbag and Jimmy Choo shoes waits in line at the market while the lady with worn out sneakers and a cheap handbag gets served first, simply because she randomly chose a different checkout line. Life isn't always 'fair'. Get over it. Move on. Better yet, be happy that the weaker members in your guild get good rewards that can help them get better.
    AnnerDoon wrote: »

That is the truth
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Sounds like someone is only in a guild for the rewards.

Sounds like your right, why else?
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options
    Ok lol.
  • Options
    Under your system, people with the most GP would always get the most rewards. This is good for them in the short term, but in the long term it is better for the weaker members of the guild to become strong quickly. All the new end game content, which drops way more valuable loot, is centered around the idea that the whole guild needs to work together to succeed and earn equal rewards. With TB and TW in mind, it is much more beneficial to everybody for a weaker guild member to flesh out their teams than for the strongest guy to get slightly better pit raid gear. In the end, would you rather be consistently performing better in TB and TW or consistently getting a few extra challenge gear materials from the pit?
    Also, when you ask why else someone would be in a guild other than for the rewards. I can only speak for myself, but getting to know and like my guildmates has made this game way more fun than if I was just playing alone. That's why I like that the game is moving in a direction that takes the emphasis off competing within your guild and is starting to focus more on cooperation and competing with other guilds.
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options
    ^This guy gets it.
  • Options
    I was one of the lowest GPs in my last guild but guess who was the only one who could solo the raid... that’s right, this guy! Overall GP has nothing to do with it. You only use 5 guys in a solo. Heck sometimes it comes down to just having 1 toon, CLS. In my current guild a few members finally solo’d it for the first time cause they just got CLS and I’ve been doing it for months without him. But now that they got a solo under their belt they should get better rewards than me every time cause their GP is higher than mine even though I’ve been able to solo way longer than them?? That doesn’t even make sense. These guys were coming to me asking for tips on how to do it. I think you need to go back to the beginning and pick up that mic that you dropped cause you just look silly.
  • Options
    So you want the person with the highest gp(most likely the person who needs pit rewards least) to always get first?? wow what a team player we have here.

Also finishing first is a terrible idea as others have said it encourages people to jump the gun and down the raid before others get a chance.

A real solution would be if everyone who tied got the same rewards since they all put in the same work. Only issue is that opens the door to abuse and having 1 person solo the raid and everyone else put a zero and get 2nd place rewards, then switch the person who solos each time.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    At the moment the rancour is too small a raid for big guilds. To be honest haat is too small a raid for big guilds.

Randomisation is ok. If you want to max your rewards go to a weaker guild where only you can solo.

That said it would be cool if you were ranked by the damage of the biggest single hit or something. Even better to get rid of the problem and move on to tier 8 raids.

And if 2 players perform equaly well, either their order should be randomized (current implementation) or they should both have the same rank with the two rewards equalized.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    So they are getting something out of it should they get as much as me when I am doing more

This is where you are wrong. You are NOT doing more than the others with equal score. With regards to killing the Rancor, you are doing exactly the same. Amount of damage done is all that counts. Damage done is what kills the Rancor — not how fast the damage is done.

If two sprinters cross the finish line at the exact same time, you don't award first place to the one who had more practic hours during the season or to the one, who had the longest running carreer or to the one who owns more shiny running shoes. The finish time is all that counts. What you suggest is, that one sprinter should be selected as winner, because he did more work before the actual competition or because he has a larger inventory. That's silly.

But hey! Go ahead and give your suggestion to the developers. By all means, go ahead.

• Options
    My guild has a few soloers, I can auto auto it in 6 minutes. I haven’t hit for more than a few thousand in months. Why? Because I have Solo 7 starred and lots of my guildies don’t. Do I care about getting a few shards and a slightly better chance at gear? Nope, because we’re 5-1 in TW and getting stronger every raid. I don’t care if everyone solos and I get 50th or 1st because ultimately we all get stronger and that means more Zetas from TW. Plus the raid is easily mapped out, it’s not a whole roster strategy mode. It’s five toons geared properly. If TB assigned random rewards 1-50 you’d have a point, but it doesn’t and you don’t.
  • Options
    A Guild is or should be atleast about teamplay.

To just be in a Guild for the Rewards and having the attitude of gollum is contra produktive for the Evolution of the playerbase of your guildmates.

Your individual Achievements in getting a higher gp with unlocking more toons helps yourself in other ways then a Guild raid. Arena, beeing prepared to unlock new upcoming toons. Bragging Rights etc etc. But when more then One player has the same damage done Why should One be allways first just cause he got an higher gp due to having more toons which Arent even needet in this raid?

Same was the old System based on the ally Code.

Of course it would be better if everyone who does the same damage gets equal Rewards but eventually it evens out when the ranks are randomized.

Just Keep in mind it helps all of the guild which will help you in the end cause your guild can then Rank better in tb and tw for better Rewards.

And most important Never forget... its just a Game
  • Options
    Who finishes first just encourages people to break raid rules, so I am very very very much against that.

And GP means that the same person wins each time, which is exactly what the randomization fixed, so I am very much against that too.

I am perfectly fine with randomization. So, no, you are not speaking for "the entire swgoh community."

Your probably only first due to randomness with that type of talk because anyone who finishes first or builds their Toons to a higher level will not agree with that at all dude, what sense does it make that I develop my characters and Toons to be last when you schmooze by due to a random 0101 . No thanks you work hard and develop your gameplay like everyone else, and if your guild mates are so low-life that they cheat that readily you need to find a new guild bud.

Did you notice how everyone who has posted on this thread so far has agreed with me and none of them have agreed with you? But no, go ahead and continue thinking it's just me.

Is just you the guys schmooze off of the stronger players to get rewards and build your characters up, because you haven't put in the real work you guys are the sponges in your guilds I bet that's why you would hate for it to be built off of Merit of your own actions

I think its funny you said you speak for the entire community and every single person is disagreeing with you, pick that mic back up, you made a fool of yourself :)
  • Options
    So everyone gets a trophy for showing up # NOWAY.

No, they get a trophy for solo'ing the raid. They have developed their toons too to be able to do that.

What I'm saying is if I'm stronger have a more developed character base why is it that you guys think that I should have the same exact reward as someone who does not has not been playing longer has not more developed characters has a lower GP and does not finish the raid faster should get the same exact or better reward, there is no Sound Logic to that at all.

Time has never been a deciding factor when rankings are determined, so why you feel you deserve to be rewarded based on time is a puzzle to me, and apparently to everyone else as well.

Anyway, instead of your nonsensical suggestions, a better solution would be a new and much harder tier in the raid. Instead of starting threads with suggestions that have no chance of ever making it into the game, how 'bout you start a thread about that?

And yes guildmates are supposed to help each other build the factors that if I'm able to finish the way it is helping everyone in general.

If others can solo the raid, your solos help no one.

So they are getting something out of it should they get as much as me when I am doing more the answer is no

If you solo the raid and others solo the raid, you haven't done more.

and I know a lot of you guys know each other and all in the same Guild which is why you are saying that because who in their right mind does all the work and let somebody else gets the credit?

If others solo it too, you haven't done all the work. You've all accomplished the exact same thing.

Btw, who are in the same guild? You seem to resort to conspiracy thinking now. How about acknowledging the possibility that you're wrong, and that's why everyone disagrees with you?

In all honesty I would be fine when it comes down to it if we all got the same rewards but as far as someone getting a better reward no because that is a smack in the face it is saying no matter how hard you try it doesn't matter

Of course it matters. Everyone who can solo the raid have worked towards that goal, and their rewards will be better for it.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options

If you perform first rate where everyone performs first rate you are merely average.
  • Options
    What gets me is that the "random" doesn't seem random at all. My guild has 12-18 that solo each raid yet there is 3 that are ALWAYS awarded the top 5. Same damage as the others that solo it. Sometimes finish quicker, sometimes longer but always better rewards than the rest of the guild. That's messed up. What is it that makes those 3 ALWAYS top 5 while there are a few of us that solo it, finish sooner, yet NEVER crack top 5. Get rid of that completely. If you solo it, get first place rewards. Make it like the guild activities payout. Is that really to much to ask?
  • Options
    Single toon registration chosen from a random faction, then ffa 24 hours later good luck tieing
  • Options
    Demos1178 wrote: »
    What gets me is that the "random" doesn't seem random at all. My guild has 12-18 that solo each raid yet there is 3 that are ALWAYS awarded the top 5. Same damage as the others that solo it. Sometimes finish quicker, sometimes longer but always better rewards than the rest of the guild. That's messed up. What is it that makes those 3 ALWAYS top 5 while there are a few of us that solo it, finish sooner, yet NEVER crack top 5. Get rid of that completely. If you solo it, get first place rewards. Make it like the guild activities payout. Is that really to much to ask?

No it isnt too much! Only right
  • Options
    I feel like I am speaking for the entire community by saying

1) I got my laugh for the day by reading the first post
    2) That trying to convince the first part that he is just plain wrong would be the equivalent of trying to empty an ocean with a teaspoon
    3) As has been said by others in this thread a guild is about lifting others up and not complaining that their work is nullified because others took longer to get to that level

* Gently lays microphone on floor * (because microphones lives matter)
    SWGOH Guild: Peace is a Lie SWGOH Profile: Boofpoof Discord: Buffpuff#3065
  • Options
    Boofpoof wrote: »

2) That trying to convince the first part that he is just plain wrong would be the equivalent of trying to empty an ocean with a teaspoon
    3) As has been said by others in this thread a guild is about lifting others up and not complaining that their work is nullified because others took longer to get to that level

I have to be in a guild to progress, does that mean i have to carry your types dead weight? No, its not alright, no sponge zone bro
  • Options
    Boofpoof wrote: »

I have to be in a guild to progress, does that mean i have to carry your types dead weight? No, its not alright, no sponge zone bro

Out of curiosity, what's your swgoh.gg page?