Just rerolled - Advice again needed

So I finally gave in a rerolled and had a Chirrut on my first chronium pack.

Delaying my level so that I can get my phoneix squad ( at least hera and ezra up) before i hit 28.

However, if I farm phoniex, won’t that leave me with nobody to actually geared for fleet arena?

Now i wished that at least I could have gotten a Lando from the pack instead.

A little confused with the development now. Any help is appreciated

Replies

• I'm not sure how Lando would have helped as he doesn't have a ship either

As to your fleet you will automatically unlock all 3 fleet commanders and some pilots and ships from events while you are leveling to get you started you should be well into or even finishing up phoenix long before you unlock ships and phoenix squad is made up pilots if you farm all 6 you can also farm there ships from the fleet arena
  • What should my arena team be like since I pulled Chirrut? Not sure if i should keep him or continue to roll somemore
  • Osik
    235 posts Member
    Reroll until you get baze, chirrut is an easy farm
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Darthpedro wrote: »
    I'm not sure how Lando would have helped as he doesn't have a ship either

As to your fleet you will automatically unlock all 3 fleet commanders and some pilots and ships from events while you are leveling to get you started you should be well into or even finishing up phoenix long before you unlock ships and phoenix squad is made up pilots if you farm all 6 you can also farm there ships from the fleet arena

Comparing Chirrut without Baze to Mr Mustache:
    1) Mr Mustache is a 4* unlock (i.e. 80 shards)
    2) Mr Mustache is a Scoundrel (Credit Heist/Critical Chance mods)
    3) Mr Mustache is a Rebel, with a decent leadership for a mixed Rebel/Scoundrel squad for starting out.
    4) Mr Mustache is also found on an early cantina node and is relatively easy to push to 7* early and qualify you for heroic raids/rewards.
  • I agree with Huatimus... a 4* Baze wont guarantee you anything, he wont help you with raids, wont help you in events, etc. Chirrut is only farmable in iirc 2 stores and he is not often there and to be honest the fleet store has much more urgent farms then Chirrut. If you would spend $ to 7* Baze then it would be ok, if you are F2P forget Baze and go for Phoenix Squad. Easy farms from 3 stores and 2 low Cantina nodes. Ezra is a great HAAT and end game character after you Zeta him.
  • Huatimus wrote: »
    Darthpedro wrote: »
    I'm not sure how Lando would have helped as he doesn't have a ship either

Comparing Chirrut without Baze to Mr Mustache:
    1) Mr Mustache is a 4* unlock (i.e. 80 shards)
    2) Mr Mustache is a Scoundrel (Credit Heist/Critical Chance mods)
    3) Mr Mustache is a Rebel, with a decent leadership for a mixed Rebel/Scoundrel squad for starting out.
    4) Mr Mustache is also found on an early cantina node and is relatively easy to push to 7* early and qualify you for heroic raids/rewards.

I feel the same way too hence feel that Lando would edge out if i had him as first character
  • To how many stars should i level my phoenix team to clear Emperor and Thawn events?
  • ManuG
    131 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    SlyWalker wrote: »
    What should my arena team be like since I pulled Chirrut? Not sure if i should keep him or continue to roll somemore

Chirrut is a decent pull, I got Jyn from mine and I know I won´t use her untill end-game probably because I'm farming phoenix squad. If I were you, I would continue farming phoenix, they will be your arena squad till 65-70´s probably, they are easy farm Hera and ezra from CB, chopper from cantina store, Kannan in arena store and Zeb from GW store, and the synergy is really awesome.

P.S: I dunno if you are going for the hoarding method or just playing correctly knowing your farming priorities like me, it depends on your patient basically. Probably if you are hoarding you won't do anything else than hoard energy from 1-2 months so you could give some accounts a try to see if you can get something better like Rex or Lando from first pull and stick with it.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    SlyWalker wrote: »
    To how many stars should i level my phoenix team to clear Emperor and Thawn events?

7 if you want a seven star Palpatine and thrawn. Less if you want a lower star.
  • I would keep Chirrut - nice kit with cleanse, heal and attacking abilities. Works in with rebels but can fit into any squad really. Lando is a much easier farm than Chirrut which makes Chirrut more valuable. I would build a rebel squad with eg. Lando, leia, old-ben, Chirrut and sthan or Ezra. You could also use Boba in that squad as he gets the speed boost from Lando's leadership. Once you get wedge/biggs, they slot into that team nicely replacing lando and one other.

Agree with building phoenix - they are useful in a range of events just don't rely on them being your arena team past L50.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    jloff wrote: »

Agree with building phoenix - they are useful in a range of events just don't rely on them being your arena team past L50.

29/50 in a November shard levels 68-78 are phoenix. You can keep them as an arena team til mid 70s I'd say. Until you can max wedge.
  • The point is you need to develop a viable arena team to take you beyond mid game which isn't phoenix. However, phoenix still have a lot of benefit right through with GW/TB/TW/assault battles and the thrawn/EP events. I farmed phoenix up high enough to get thrawn 7* but never used them in arena as I generally found them easy to beat. Nightsisters on the other hand are a handful if they have that annoying zombie/acolyte combo going (but that's a different topic) !!
  • ManuG
    131 posts Member
    jloff wrote: »
    The point is you need to develop a viable arena team to take you beyond mid game which isn't phoenix. However, phoenix still have a lot of benefit right through with GW/TB/TW/assault battles and the thrawn/EP events. I farmed phoenix up high enough to get thrawn 7* but never used them in arena as I generally found them easy to beat. Nightsisters on the other hand are a handful if they have that annoying zombie/acolyte combo going (but that's a different topic) !!

They are a good start point to begin with, easily farmable and as you have said, they have a lot of benefits so I think it's a suitable starter option for arena while you farm a good rebel team to make that transition to end-game ^^