Guild Management of Entered but Inactive TW Players

BosshTheUsurper
64 posts Member
edited January 2018
@CG_Kozispoon

Hi Devs,

I'm not sure where to post this so I hope this finds you well. I have a concern and an idea that can help with it.

I have recently discovered that Territory War matchmaking is based on the overall GP of all guild members who ENTER Territory Wars.
My problem is that we are unable to see who is not contributing in attacks. We can only see who has laid defense and who has WON a battle. We currently believe that we are being hindered by players simply hitting the ENTER button but not contributing to attacks.
In order for us to manage this, can I propose that we have a way of seeing 'BATTLES LOST'.
This would help us manage players and also help in cleansing our guild so we can compete more fairly.

Thanks for reading
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Options
    +1
  • Options
    This is a great idea!
  • Options
    More reporting is needed in general, the problem with this is that even if a player attacks with a weak team and loses but reduces the enemy to 1 toon that gets cleaned up by cup(a good result honestly)...it still counts as a loss.

What is needed is to see who attacked what with what and how they did. That way you can see if players are overkilling or getting good returns.
    iN Spectre
  • Options
    More reporting is needed in general, the problem with this is that even if a player attacks with a weak team and loses but reduces the enemy to 1 toon that gets cleaned up by cup(a good result honestly)...it still counts as a loss.

What is needed is to see who attacked what with what and how they did. That way you can see if players are overkilling or getting good returns.

To be honest, I'd be happy just to know who has tried to attack for now. At least I could then have a word with those claiming a free ride and cleanse the guild but I see your point for sure
  • Options
    We have similar issues -a few players enter without contributing anything or a few unreliable upper level players tap in with or two defense teams and disappear. We suspect they never bother attack. We've had great participation overall, but have been frustrated with the inconsistency of the numbers (29 sign up, 18 or so set defense, and the rest ?). With more detailed results we could plan better and have a conversation with those members that don't step up after they've committed. This aspect of the game is a fantastic way to get guild members to interact and would really benefit from more detailed results tracking.
  • Options
    We have similar issues -a few players enter without contributing anything or a few unreliable upper level players tap in with or two defense teams and disappear. We suspect they never bother attack. We've had great participation overall, but have been frustrated with the inconsistency of the numbers (29 sign up, 18 or so set defense, and the rest ?). With more detailed results we could plan better and have a conversation with those members that don't step up after they've committed. This aspect of the game is a fantastic way to get guild members to interact and would really benefit from more detailed results tracking.

One thing that could also help with this is it we had an in game chat room that's similar to something like Discord or Line App. The problem players are usually the ones who don't communicate through external chat apps.

@CG_Kozispoon Tell me that these are ideas you guys can take on board. Especially the TW management problem.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    • The Active GP bracket only determines the rewards for the guild. This does not factor into matchmaking.
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    • The Active GP bracket only determines the rewards for the guild. This does not factor into matchmaking.

That's good information, but it doesn't really relate to this thread.... this is asking for more management tools to be able to tell who is actually active.
  • Options

If this is true then why have we once been paired with a guild who had 50% higher GP than us? Also, are you able to reply regarding the original post please

Thank you
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

If this is true then why have we once been paired with a guild who had 50% higher GP than us?
    Thank you

She said the bracket does NOT factor into matchmaking, so I don't understand your question.
  • Options
    That totally irrelevant response was awesome. Thanks CG.
  • Options
    Liath wrote: »

If this is true then why have we once been paired with a guild who had 50% higher GP than us?
    Thank you

She said the bracket does NOT factor into matchmaking, so I don't understand your question.

We were once paired up with a guild who had 50% more GP than us. So I posted last week to find out why, then I was told that matchmaking was based on the GP of the entered players not the overall guild GP. Which would make sense.
    Now I'm told that matchmaking is NOT based on players entered. So I'm curious to know why we were paired against a guild who annihilated us.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

Thank you

We were once paired up with a guild who had 50% more GP than us. So I posted last week to find out why, then I was told that matchmaking was based on the GP of the entered players not the overall guild GP. Which would make sense.
    Now I'm told that matchmaking is NOT based on players entered. So I'm curious to know why we were paired against a guild who annihilated us.

But that's not what Kozi said. She said that the bracket you are in doesn't affect matchmaking. That means that if you are a 98m guild you might get matched against a 102m guild even though the two guilds are in different rewards brackets. That's all Kozi was saying.

It is still the case, as you were told, that active GP is what matters. If a guild has 50% more total GP than you, but 1/3 of its members don't participate, then you have comparable active GPs and might be matched against each other.
  • Options

Thank you

But that's not what Kozi said. She said that the bracket you are in doesn't affect matchmaking. That means that if you are a 98m guild you might get matched against a 102m guild even though the two guilds are in different rewards brackets. That's all Kozi was saying.

It is still the case, as you were told, that active GP is what matters. If a guild has 50% more total GP than you, but 1/3 of its members don't participate, then you have comparable active GPs and might be matched against each other.

No she said the active GP is not factored into matchmaking. Really confused as to what your point is. If active GP is not factored into matchmaking then why were were matched against a guild with a 50% higher GP?
  • Options

Thank you

No she said the active GP is not factored into matchmaking. Really confused as to what your point is. If active GP is not factored into matchmaking then why were were matched against a guild with a 50% higher GP?

Active GP is players entered. The first line of my original post is what she was resolving to.
  • Options

Thank you

Active GP is players entered. The first line of my original post is what she was resolving to.

Responding*
  • Options
    @CG_Kozispoon
    Could you clear this up please?