Provide some tips please! :)

Feng
161 posts Member
Hello to all of my fellow SWHOG game fans! I've started playing this game about a week ago and I think that I had just got addicted to this game! (However I have not started spending any money on Packs/Crystals/Character Bundles yet and I may just do so soon!)

Alright I'll go straight to the purpose of this thread! (sorry for the Long winded paragraph above!)

I need some guidance, advice, answers and help on what to do to improve asap, how to do it within my means and lastly why I should do it that way. All help, comments, guidance are really greatly appreciated by myself!

The following are stats of myself (I'm level 40) , my humble team consist of :
L40 Chewie 4/6 Gear 4 (28/65, I've been farming this quite abit)
L40 Jedi Consular 4/6 Gear 4 (7/25 shards)
L40 Jawa 0/6 Gear 4 (0 shards)
L40 Resistance Trooper 4/6 Gear 3 (15/25 shards)
L40 Tahlia 5/6 Gear 3 (10/30 shards)
L29 General Veers 1/6 Gear 2
L18 Snowtrooper Gear 1
L13 Royal Guard Gear 1
L12 Clone Sergeant Trooper Gear 1
L1 Ewok Scout (lol hahaha)

Significant Shards :

Sidious: 70/80 Shards
Dooku: 14/50 shards
Darth Vader: 30/80 Shards
Old Daka: 30/80 shards
Luminara : 7/50 shards
Mace Windu : 6/80 shards

I've read WhipiT's beginner's thread as well as other forum members' thread and hence I came to a decision that I'll farm Sidious from Arena, Daka from Cantina and Luminara from Galatic War! Oh and I just started my GW today only and managed to win up to a point where I had 400 tokens so I was able to purchase my first 5 Luminara shards.

I presume that I'll continue to farm for shards to strengthen my team , hence I will like to ask the better experienced players out there, if there is any priority list I should adhere to which make my team stronger in the fastest time. ( if you're kind enough, please let me know the priority list for both paying or free-to-play method, I thank you so much in advance! )

Here is my In-Game progress:
Cantina : Stage 2 Battle E
Light : Stage 4 Hard B , Stage 4 Normal Completed
Dark : Stage 3 Hard B , Stage 4 Normal A
Arena Ranking : 600+

I look forward to all of the experienced players help, thank you so much!!! :)

Replies

• First, ur gear levels are a bit low for playing for a week and for level 40. I would suggest using ur gems for energy refill and farming ur gear parts. Will make galactic and arena a bit easier for ur level.

Ur focusing on the right toons..i also dont like eeok scout snd havnt leveled him. I like jawa , he can hit hard and worth upgrading.

I just unlocked luke by farming that mission in cantina and happy i did..just a suggestion.

Id first get ur talia to gear 5 than work on trooper etc.

Also, use ur galactic sipments for lumina like ur doing.
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    Luminara should probably be your biggest priority... She is probably the most solid all round character there is.... Heals, Does very good single target damage and has a high chance to place an ability lock when the ability is ranked up.. In addition her leadership ability is a highly useful evasion if you are using a Jedi heavy team

Also if you unlocked hard nodes dark side 2-E and light side 3-D, you need to be clearing those 3 times each day til you get luminara (you need to be a lot higher level before you can access Light 6-A)

Once you have her quickly gear her up to gear lvl 4 minimum... you won't regret it
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • First, ur gear levels are a bit low for playing for a week and for level 40. I would suggest using ur gems for energy refill and farming ur gear parts. Will make galactic and arena a bit easier for ur level.

Ur focusing on the right toons..i also dont like eeok scout snd havnt leveled him. I like jawa , he can hit hard and worth upgrading.

I just unlocked luke by farming that mission in cantina and happy i did..just a suggestion.

Id first get ur talia to gear 5 than work on trooper etc.

Also, use ur galactic sipments for lumina like ur doing.

Ohh I see... Thanks for your speedy reply Jedi! So are u suggesting that I should train my JAWA and TAHLIA now? If yes, to what point of Level Gear and how do I know which individual skills of theirs to invest in?

I believe that the reason why I'm holding back all the gears and ability mats is because I'm waiting to get better characters such as SIDIOUS and pumping it to them all in one shot.

Also I've just gotten IG 86 sentinel droid from s bronzium pack, will it make a diff to my team? :)

Once again thank you so much for ur reply, appreciated it :)
  • Skye wrote: »
    Luminara should probably be your biggest priority... She is probably the most solid all round character there is.... Heals, Does very good single target damage and has a high chance to place an ability lock when the ability is ranked up.. In addition her leadership ability is a highly useful evasion if you are using a Jedi heavy team

Also if you unlocked hard nodes dark side 2-E and light side 3-D, you need to be clearing those 3 times each day til you get luminara (you need to be a lot higher level before you can access Light 6-A)

Once you have her quickly gear her up to gear lvl 4 minimum... you won't regret it

Hey yeah you're right man, I just saw D 2E and L 2E haha, I totally skipped these 2 Mission that could provide LUMINARA shards! I'm gonna spam and get her now, however once I reach the limit of 3 entry a day, should I refresh it or continue to farm other heroes shards?
  • Holy cow am I lucky or what? I just drew an ASHOKA from a bronzium pack! What should I do with it! I'm kinda reluctant to train all these new characters since dudes like Sidious is coming my way really quick! ( I'm just 10 shards away from Sidious)
  • Grats on getting these new guys. As you have many good characters, you should think about who to drop in 5, and who to drop in 10. Sid and Consular should always be in the starting 5, while Talia and Jawa always gets replaced either because low health or self-destructive healing.
    swgoh.gg/u/Sysydrexler007
  • i would never use gems to refresh a mission.

I dont have ig86 but ive seen it used. I wouldnt put much into him if u have sid or luminara coming in, do them first.

Overall, every toon has its use. The best thing to look at is what squad u want and to maximize the synergys. Example, if using sid, you want to field a team that takes advantage of his leadership skills. Like toons that get extra attack on criticals etc.

• Feng
    161 posts Member
    Alright! I can't wait to get my SIDIOUS and LUMINARA asap! :) I hope they will really help me in my team strength! However, it seems that my DAKA will take quite a while since the CATINA tokens are so difficult to farm, 1 energy in CATINA takes 10 min to refill omg :(

Meanwhile, should I spend time and effort to max out my CHEWWIE? It seems like it's a great tank man, tons of Hp!
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    In terms of the galactic war.. it's advisable to keep around 10-15 characters close to your current max level... You will need them for that... I know a lot of people say just focus on five. In terms of the Arena yes that makes sense... but when it comes to challenges and the galactic war, you will need more...

You'll find post lvl 40 you'll start to struggle to a dozen or so people at max level without spending some money. It gets worse the higher you level... So you kinda need to identify that many characters that will serve you until you hit the current lvl cap (60).

Luminara and Sidious are probably the only two that most people will agree on. The rest will kinda depend on how you like to play...

Chewbacca is a good tank, but can be debuffed and has low damage. However he his taunt can potentially save your weaker members buying you enough time to throw a heal on them if they're close to dying. There's only a handful of other characters that can taunt but they don't have the health that chewbacca has... so it's kinda your call on that one.

Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Feng
    161 posts Member
    Skye wrote: »
    In terms of the galactic war.. it's advisable to keep around 10-15 characters close to your current max level... You will need them for that... I know a lot of people say just focus on five. In terms of the Arena yes that makes sense... but when it comes to challenges and the galactic war, you will need more...

You'll find post lvl 40 you'll start to struggle to a dozen or so people at max level without spending some money. It gets worse the higher you level... So you kinda need to identify that many characters that will serve you until you hit the current lvl cap (60).

Luminara and Sidious are probably the only two that most people will agree on. The rest will kinda depend on how you like to play...

Chewbacca is a good tank, but can be debuffed and has low damage. However he his taunt can potentially save your weaker members buying you enough time to throw a heal on them if they're close to dying. There's only a handful of other characters that can taunt but they don't have the health that chewbacca has... so it's kinda your call on that one.

Wow that's very nice of you to give me such an indepth explanation, really appreciate that and thank you for your time and effort :)

Hmm I Guess I will continue to invest in my CHEWWIE, and will now level up my other characters.

As for the Gears for other characters ( such as Royal guard, Snowtrooper) , what level do u think I should stop at? :)
  • Feng
    161 posts Member
    Bump! Anyone else can help me with my dilemma?

What Gear should I stop for my other characters such as Ashoka, IG 86 droid, Royal guard and snow trooper?
  • There is no definitive answer. Keep going until you get better heroes. For example I kept leveling my ewok until 23 and then my Jawa until 32. He is in my current top 5 for light side, but I stopped leveling him a long time ago in preparation for the swap as I didn't want to invest in him too much. I'm now level 45 for the other four light side heroes.

(Only one hour until I get Luminara!!!)

I upgraded to gear level 3 for both the Jawa and the Ewok. But I didn't know what I was doing, I learnt as I grew. But I didn't invest in upgrading the abilities though. You'll just have to learn as you go too. That's a fun part of the game. You can't learn everything from reading forums (even though it is extremely helpful).
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • There is no definitive answer. Keep going until you get better heroes. For example I kept leveling my ewok until 23 and then my Jawa until 32. He is in my current top 5 for light side, but I stopped leveling him a long time ago in preparation for the swap as I didn't want to invest in him too much. I'm now level 45 for the other four light side heroes.

(Only one hour until I get Luminara!!!)

I upgraded to gear level 3 for both the Jawa and the Ewok. But I didn't know what I was doing, I learnt as I grew. But I didn't invest in upgrading the abilities though. You'll just have to learn as you go too. That's a fun part of the game. You can't learn everything from reading forums (even though it is extremely helpful).

Your Luminara should be in your hands now! Congrats! Alright man, I shall get my Sidious first and see what's next! Thank u! :)