Consider changing the price of m8 biotech implant

Putnam
194 posts Member
The fully crafted mk 8 implant in shipments is for 2000 crystals. I think it should be lowered to 1400, the salvages are very easy to farm (I’m sure most of us have tons of salvages, I have been sitting on no less than 300 for months)

The mk 8 prototypes are what is hard to get. You can get 25 for 375 crystals, so 50 for 750 crystals...so why does the fully crafted piece cost 2,000 crystals? I’m sure more would buy if it was 1400.

Replies

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    This price is beyond irrelevant to me because there is no possible reason to buy it when all I need is the prototype that costs 750. Why would I pay 1400 crystals for the full one?
  • Liath wrote: »
    This price is beyond irrelevant to me because there is no possible reason to buy it when all I need is the prototype that costs 750. Why would I pay 1400 crystals for the full one?

It's for the people that spend more than you. Even without laying money down, if you score in the top 5 of both arenas you'll have more than enough crystals to buy 25 salvage for 375 every day or two, after 450 crystals in refreshing and 100 crystals refreshing the arenas.

Eventually, you run out of the challenge gear and then you're looking at how fast you accumulate the challenge gear. Maybe 20 each time the challenge comes around, so 60 a week, so you have to wait a whole week for one mk 8 implant and many characters require 4 of them. It makes buying the full piece more tempting.
  • Putnam
    194 posts Member
    I finish top 3 in squad arena and 1 in fleet daily
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Dretzle wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »

It's for the people that spend more than you. Even without laying money down, if you score in the top 5 of both arenas you'll have more than enough crystals to buy 25 salvage for 375 every day or two, after 450 crystals in refreshing and 100 crystals refreshing the arenas.

Eventually, you run out of the challenge gear and then you're looking at how fast you accumulate the challenge gear. Maybe 20 each time the challenge comes around, so 60 a week, so you have to wait a whole week for one mk 8 implant and many characters require 4 of them. It makes buying the full piece more tempting.

That's not what the OP is talking about, seeing as how he specifically said "I’m sure most of us have tons of salvages, I have been sitting on no less than 300 for months."