So Bored of Galactic War!

Prev1
Gosh.

Tell me it's not just me.

I'm a medium-level player. I win every GW but...I've actually started trying to lose I'm so bored of it.

Anyone else?

Replies

• Ever since they nerfed it, I have been extremely bored by it. It was really the only risk free place to try out new squads against harder level teams (nodes 10-12).
  • I struggle to win the full war, what characters are you running with?
  • I struggle to win the full war, what characters are you running with?

But everyone's war is different right?

I start with Jedi squad.

Then Empire.

Then Phoenix.

And if I need it then my Arena team.
  • LordDirt
    4986 posts Member
    I run RJT, CLS, Finn, R2D2, and BB8. I just auto every part of it now.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • M_L
    469 posts Member
    well the designers can't win. if it's too hard people complain. now that it's easy people complain too....

i now just use GW to try new toons that're not all geared up. so if it's too easy for you, just use your tier 3 or 4 or teams. for example. i just got a 5 star wampa and not even gear X.... so it's useless anywhere else, but i can try him out in GW
  • M_L wrote: »
    well the designers can't win. if it's too hard people complain. now that it's easy people complain too....

i now just use GW to try new toons that're not all geared up. so if it's too easy for you, just use your tier 3 or 4 or teams. for example. i just got a 5 star wampa and not even gear X.... so it's useless anywhere else, but i can try him out in GW

It's not the ease, or lack of it, that bores me. Just the whole event I guess.

See - I think it would be good if you were rewarded for using weaker squads. If you gained some sort of experience for putting weaker squads in tough situations. That stands for the whole game.
  • Well until recently I thought so too...
    But yesterday I actually came up with a brilliant way to enjoy the new GW!

Try to clear 1~12 GW nodes with one team, without being hit a SINGLE time. It was a fun challenge, had to think a lot, but it was doable.
  • Try to clear 1~12 GW nodes with one team, without being hit a SINGLE time. It was a fun challenge, had to think a lot, but it was doable.

And what do you get for that mate? :smiley:

• Try to clear 1~12 GW nodes with one team, without being hit a SINGLE time. It was a fun challenge, had to think a lot, but it was doable.

And what do you get for that mate? :smiley:

A great sense of self fulfillment and satistaction and...... fun ;)
  • Ah, right...that :wink:
  • Everyone complained it was too hard, they nerfed it, now people complain it is boring.
    Whatever they do will create new complains. Just do your 20 minutes chore daily and deal with it.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved to correct sub forum.
  • Omg u ppl should throw ur device into a lake an nvr play again. All i heard for a year on here was omg gw is to hard its not fair i get all g11 meta teams boohoo hoo. An so devs finally listen to ur crying an do summin to make u ppl happy an now wht do u do,u start a thread cryin its to easy. Either u want the free rewards tht takes 5mins to complete n get or they can make it back to way it used to be an u clear half the gw. Make ur minds up ppl. They could give u ppl 100m creds an ud cry why wasnt it 101m. If ur bored with it then dont do it. Simple as tht.
  • Yeah setting up a new challenge like I said is a good way to enjoy it. And you might learn some aytributes of this and that characters that you were ignorant of.
    I.e. I honestly had no idea Daka, Sid get a ton of turnmeter when ally dies & Savage gets a ton of tm when he is hit
  • Wooooah, simmer down rinky-**** :wink:
  • It's like this man. We asked and we asked and we asked to make it take less time. I waved that banner as hard as anyone.
    What I WANTED was just a shorter GW.
    What we got was a GW so easy you can auto every battle with ease.
    The end result was less time, so I can't complain - but it's one of those things where we got what we asked for and even if we didn't get it the way we asked for it...
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    ^ Be careful what you wish for lol!

But yes, shorter (in length). Or just sim the whole thing....
  • Then don’t play it!

Awww, well done.

I hoped it would be perceived as a light-hearted thread. Thanks to all who engaged in the right spirit :smiley:

• Wish it would become 10 waves instead of seperate battles. I would like it then.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Well until recently I thought so too...
    But yesterday I actually came up with a brilliant way to enjoy the new GW!

Try to clear 1~12 GW nodes with one team, without being hit a SINGLE time. It was a fun challenge, had to think a lot, but it was doable.

I did that when GW was still difficult, currently getting hit is more challenging than not getting hit :p (yes, i'm exaggerating about the getting hit being more challlenging)

OT:
    Just make GW sim-able once you're lvl 85. Currently it's just a waste of time.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Omg u ppl should throw ur device into a lake an nvr play again. All i heard for a year on here was omg gw is to hard its not fair i get all g11 meta teams boohoo hoo. An so devs finally listen to ur crying an do summin to make u ppl happy an now wht do u do,u start a thread cryin its to easy. Either u want the free rewards tht takes 5mins to complete n get or they can make it back to way it used to be an u clear half the gw. Make ur minds up ppl. They could give u ppl 100m creds an ud cry why wasnt it 101m. If ur bored with it then dont do it. Simple as tht.

Maybe, just maybe, the people complaining about GW being too easy aren't the same people that complained about GW being too difficult. Just a thought.
    GW was my favourite game mode, now it isn't anymore. But i can't voice my oppinion because others got what they wanted when they complained that it was too difficult?
    I just wish people would have just stopped playing GW because it was too difficult for them instead of complaining about it, what seems to be your advice, if that happened i would still be enjoying GW.
  • gw was fine before they completly messed it up, now it's just wasted time, going auto doing other stuff outside of the game, going auto the next battle, waiting for the guild chat symbol to burn in my oled display, run oled burn in fix, wait for the next kitten gw .... then rinse, throw up and repeat the same kitten over and over again
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    I'd be a fan if they got rid of the retreat mechanic and made galactic war harder. People only moaned about galactic war because they spent an hour try to clear a very tough team replaying it until rngesus worked for them.

Take that option again and you can make galactic war harder and more interesting without making it take more time.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Naraic wrote: »
    I'd be a fan if they got rid of the retreat mechanic and made galactic war harder. People only moaned about galactic war because they spent an hour try to clear a very tough team replaying it until rngesus worked for them.

Take that option again and you can make galactic war harder and more interesting without making it take more time.

The players who would rather lose than spend more time could always just give up, they weren't forced to endlessly retreat. However, taking the retreat option away forces them to lose even if they did want to spend alot of time retreating.
    Not really a sollution imo.
  • Orrusti
    19 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    It is pretty easy but I like getting the rewards so I guess that's better than extremely hard... It needs balancing.
  • J0HND03 wrote: »
    gw was fine before they completly messed it up, now it's just wasted time, going auto doing other stuff outside of the game, going auto the next battle...then rinse, throw up and repeat the same kitten over and over again

This guy got it.

Sure, I'm not going to turn down the rewards but sheesh it's tedious...
    leef wrote: »
    Just make GW sim-able once you're lvl 85. Currently it's just a waste of time.

This.

• CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    You want a challenge, play arena. GW will always be a chore. Only difference is now it takes 10 minutes instead of 30. Thank you devs!
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • I've solo'd GW with one character before. Trying silly things like that is the only way to have fun with it anymore.
  • I am very bored with GW now. Too easy. So i started to play with one or two toons per battle. Like CLS and Solo, Krenic and DT, Shore and Storm. Or Thrawn alone. Palp and Vader. Just to have some difficulty.