Chimaera speculation?

Prev1
Anyone have a good speculation of when the chimaera event will return? I was hoping for this month as none of the other legendary in recent history has waited it's full 6 months to return.

Replies

• August
  • Waiting for it myself, everything under the sun has returned except this event......
  • Probably next month. Then it will be 4 months between
  • Julmay
    177 posts Member
    They don't give out that information until we are typically within 2 weeks of the event. Anybody else's date is only a guess
  • Ragnorak wrote: »
    August

Soon lol
  • Not gonna be January, pray for February. I could really use his ship and I'll get it straight to 7*
  • Fik
    41 posts Member
    With the last Thrawn event it said: "Chimaera will NOT be joining Thrawn this time around"

This suggests that Chimeara event will be running together with Thrawn event. So when Thrawn returns, Chimeara will probably return as well.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Reveal was first week of October. It’s been three months, so I guess we’re looking at early February if they plan on a four month gap.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    I had originally guessed it was going to be before the next Home One Event.

Players who had a 6-star Home One when the 7-star events first launched and have completed it without refreshes each time will have a 7-star Home One after the next event. I really thought they'd return Chimaera once before then, to try and get players to purchase either a pack or an 800 crystal refresh of the event in order to get Chimaera the second time.

However, since that appears to not be the case, most likely Feb-March, about 4-5 months after the initial release, and will match a Thrawn return (or be immediately after a Thrawn event).
  • Flugsvamp wrote: »
    Waiting for it myself, everything under the sun has returned except this event......

Indeed...everything that I already owned returned...this is the only thing I am waiting for. Hoping soon! :smile:
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    I'm anxious for it to return as well, as I don't have it unlocked, but am not eager to see all those easy 5* Chimeras in Fleet Arena change to 7* overnight.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Joost
    233 posts Member
    kalidor wrote: »
    I'm anxious for it to return as well, as I don't have it unlocked, but am not eager to see all those easy 5* Chimeras in Fleet Arena change to 7* overnight.

My shard will be in for an even bigger shock. I will replace my 6* (then 7*) Windu with a 7* Thrawn and add the Tie Reaper to my team XD
  • Next week.
  • Think Star Wars rebels comes back on around may time. So I'd guess around then possibly.
  • That way everyone will be running the Same capital ship since they’ve neglected ships for nearly a year. Perfect!

I can’t wait for it to come back personally. I didn’t get to unlock him last time.
  • Since the 2 new FO ships will be farmable soon I would expect a Resistance capitol ship to come out before next Chimaera event. They will be a panic farm of course.
  • Well, the 4th of October was the start date of quimaera, so 4th February would be exactly 4 months
  • Getting a Chimaera soon would be great, would give me a capital ship to use rather then Home one all the time
  • cw8
    98 posts Member
    Is getting the 7* Chimera easy? I have all rebel ships maxed out including Home One except Bistan's ship which is at 3*. Can I even get Chimera without Bistan ship at 7*?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    cw8 wrote: »
    Is getting the 7* Chimera easy? I have all rebel ships maxed out including Home One except Bistan's ship which is at 3*. Can I even get Chimera without Bistan ship at 7*?

Based on everything I've seen, yes, it's not that hard.
  • cw8 wrote: »

Can't see why not. You have biggs/wedge/cassian/phoenix ships to get through the event
  • cw8
    98 posts Member
    Biggs and Wedge are at g12 since I've used them in arena before the latest CLS return. Ackbar is G11. The rest are g8s with maxed ships. Hope that can get through.
  • JJay
    368 posts Member
    I’ve been waiting for this to drop every day, checking the events like a kid on Christmas Eve.. it’s overdue in comparison to other events.
  • cw8 wrote: »

You have to have at least 5 5* "rebel" ships to unlock the Chimaera. So you need bistan's to 5*, at least. That's the problem I had the last time, his ship was only 3* for me at the time.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    cw8 wrote: »

You have to have at least 5 5* "rebel" ships to unlock the Chimaera. So you need bistan's to 5*, at least. That's the problem I had the last time, his ship was only 3* for me at the time.

You don't need Bistan's ship at all if you have Cassian's. There are 6 choices.
  • You do need the 2 Phx ships
    I still think it’s going to drop this month with thrawns mythic. Also cassian’s ship farm is so much quicker. That extra 1 shard adds up.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    edited January 2018
    Feedback noted!

Love the hype star ;) but like all things...
    cba.jpg

Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • I know I can't wait myself. I feel like I'll Crack top 20 when it comes out. I'm currently running a tl heavy fleet as it is. Reaper will be added at 5* soon. I love how quick other fleets die when I pull in either fives or boba from the bench :) I'm at the point in the game where I only have tedious farms left for toons. Most pilots are 7* except geonosians and the new fo pilots. And plo kloon
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I'm sure it's very soon. Most expect it to be in February, but I expect much earlier. In mid to late January. That's about 2 months and a half after the last Thrawn event. And that would come with another Thrawn event obviously. So be prepared as soon as possible if you aren't yet!
    Personally I'm not even close for Chimaera, I kind of gave up getting it this time around but I can't miss Thrawn for another 2 months, so I'm kind of panic farming my PS.

p.s. the main reason I'm expecting it to come in 1 or 2 weeks, is because most people are expecting much later. They think it just doesn't make 'sense' for chimaera/thrawn to return soon in January. Well that's the perfect timing to trigger the grand panic farming.