Bendu Raid?

Yerff_Caasi
736 posts Member
edited January 2018
I think it would be an awesome idea to add some sort of Bendu raid as a third raid. Seems perfect for neutral squads, but could easily be oriented to one or the other.
Would work well as a dark-side raid. Defeat the rebel base guarded by Phoenix members, then later stages battling the Bendu, rewarding Thrawn shards.
And light or dark-oriented, could have stage one be a ships battle, either light-siders trying to beat the blockade by taking down the Chimaera, or Dark-siders trying to stop the rebel flagships and bombard the base on the surface.
And of course fighting the Bendu could be a lot like fighting the Rancor, except for he would have more special abilities.

Seems to me like it could be really cool no matter what angle you come from, a little tougher if desired, have ship battles if desired, award dark side shards, etc. I'd love to see this!
"Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
Post edited by Yerff_Caasi on

Replies

• Yerff_Caasi
    736 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    With further thought, some specific ideas come to mind:

Dark-side raid (my preferred idea):
    Stage 1: Disable the Rebel command ships (ship battle)
    Stage 2: Assault the Rebel base (land battle: take out the base's shield, which is supported by Phoenix members
    Stage 3: Fight the Bendu (land battle: Bendu in the clouds, with lightning eradication, foresight, etc. powers)
    Stage 4: Defeat the Bendu (land battle: Bendu on land, easier powers but angrier and harder to defeat--more resilience?)
    Rewards: Thrawn shards, possibly Chimaera blueprints

Light-side raid:
    Stage 1: Run the Blockade (ship battle: take on two (or more) dreadnoughts with support ships, disable at least one, to get a message out for help)
    Stage 2: Defend the base (land battle: defeat the incoming AT-AT(s) to protect the base and buy escape time)
    Stage 3: Enrage the Bendu (land battle: Bendu on the ground, attack him to provoke him against the Empire)
    Stage 4: Escape (ship battle: defeat the Chimaera to allow the Rebel escape)
    Rewards: Ghost blueprints, not sure about shards

Now these are just ideas, but I felt like being specific. :)
    Post edited by Yerff_Caasi on
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • Thrawn will never be farmable except his event
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Thrawn will never be farmable except his event

Same with Chimeara. Interesting idea for a Raid but it would have a new character as rewards, not something currently available elsewhere in the game
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    This could be a good way to introduce the Krykna spiders as a PVE opponent.
  • That's a good idea Varlie!
    I was also thinking about new characters recently. Kallus could be a fun add.
  • Good idea, terrible reward