is Yoda worth devoting all my energy towards?

Prev1
I've been grinding Mace in Cantina and Koth in arena JUST to get get a starred up Yoda. Just wondering if he's worth it. Have Lumi at 7, Koth at 5, JC at 4, , QGJ at 4 and Mace at 4. I'll have them at least at 5 before next Yoda go-around, possibly at 6.

Koth is worthless though (right?) - and I could be grinding GS or something more useful in Cantina I think. thoughts?

Replies

• When I heard about event, I started grinding jedis. I had 7* lumi, 5* counselor, 4* old Ben and 3* qui-gon. So, I started farming plo koon in kantina. Took a while to get 50 shards, at least a week if not more, for a 3*. I've never faced a yoda yet but from what I hear it's not worth it. From my point of view, overall farming of jedis does not improve my overall game in any aspect, except for the end result of yoga ofc, so if he isn't worth it, the time and resources wasted is monumental. Hope a true yoga user will weigh in in this. But for me, I started climbing the mountain and turned back a few steps into it. Vets will tell you to invest all resources into your main team as it seems to attract the most resources, and further enhancing your gameplay. But back to your question of risk vs reward. I'm curious as well. My plan is to farm a star of jedi every so often, but not exclusively as to dull my enjoyment of the game. The event will return over the course of many opportunities.
  • He's not amazing even at 7*, but he is a very worthwhile character as far as uniqueness and overall usability.

At 7*, max gear, max level, and max ranks on abilities:

His Basic hits for about 3000-ish non-critical (so pretty strong, comparatively), and if you whack someone over 50% health you are guaranteed Foresight and 25% Turn Meter. It's VERY strong, if you have a team that doesn't rely on killing 2 people round 1.

His AoE Hits for 2-2.5kish (big range there, for some reason), and super-buffs him depending on what the enemy team has.

His big special hit does 4-4.5k , has a high chance to remove a nice chunk of turn meter, and if they're under 50%, is a guaranteed stun.

His Tenacity Up combined with high speed by itself can be game-changing if you're facing a team with strong debuffs. If the meta changes and games go longer, it will also be useful as a way to steal buffs and steroid your team out of a hole (plus stealing and sharing Retribution for 2 turns is absolutely hilarious)

You'll never use his leader ability, unless debuff-heavy teams become the meta somehow, which they never will because of his Tenacity buff making teams entirely immune to debuffs.

He is overall a unique character, and would be a good addition to your roster just for that Tenacity buff. Even without it, he is strong, fast, and has a respectable health pool and survivability.

Is it worth dropping everything to farm? That's your choice, not mine. He is worth getting at some point though.
  • Yoda is great but probably not worth the full focus as he is only one hero. If you level 3-4 7* heroes so you can actually play one, it's a tough call. I say unlock yoda at 5* and if you happen to have excess resources then work on your Jedi.
  • Ok guys - is a 5* Yoda ok - or possibly 6*? Seems a little less painful to make that happen.

And, are Mace and Koth pretty useless as I suspect? I guess I could grind Barriss instead of Mace, but, shes not even at 1* yet.
  • I just have the 5* Yoda in near max gear, he can be pretty useful in GW. Not that great in Arena though.
  • I may when I have a starred/geared up arena team. Once that's complete I'll probably go for it.

But as of now it seems like a huge waste of time starring up Jedi that won't get much use ever again when I could be working on Sid, GS, Phasma, and a couple others that will get regular use.
  • DiscoSlice wrote: »
    Ok guys - is a 5* Yoda ok - or possibly 6*? Seems a little less painful to make that happen.

And, are Mace and Koth pretty useless as I suspect? I guess I could grind Barriss instead of Mace, but, shes not even at 1* yet.

No full starred and leveled character is useless, because GW gets harder as you get better, and you just need cannon fodder.

That being said, it sounds like you're struggling to get your roster off the ground. Having some 7* characters is vital, mainly because the increased health pool from stars gives survivability. It's amazing how much of a difference an extra 800-1000 health makes on low-health characters.

I would also farm Barriss over Mace, by the way. She makes the Yoda challenge much easier at 6 and 7*, where Yoda starts hitting like a freakin truck and there are 2 jedi with him as well.
  • DiscoSlice
    275 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    do you think I can beat Yoda 6* with Mace, QGJ, Koth, Lumi and JC? My usual favorites are Dooku, Phasma, Sid, Lumi and GS - I'm just weak in the Jedi area. I was thinking I might farm Mace to 6* then quit. And, is Koth useless in the Yoda fights?

Loving QGJ but he's only 4* still.
  • I use Yoda with QGJ (L) , Sid , Lumi and JC at all times. Yoda is 6* others are 7. GW is no problem. Arena I end up between 10-30 depending on when I'm in there. When paired with QGJ Yoda always goes first , the team works because of speed. They can take out the other sides best before they go , sometimes two of them.
  • I'n going for 5* Yoda in the next event, seems like a fun character to play. Will pimp his gear and make him 6 or 7* if he's useful for my team in the arena. He might be, considering QGJ is about to become my leader.
  • While I do use my yoda from time to time for the simple reason he can attack towards beginning of a fight he is NOT a unit worth putting all of your effort into. His signature thing is replicating buffs and then shareing them with his team.

problem is
    1) you having to wait on the enemy to provide said buffs
    2) it takes 2 turns for yoda to steal the buffs and then to share them with the team.
    3) you have to surive those buffed characters a turn before yoda can share them with whats LEFT, not likely to be many, of your squad.

great idea but not very practical....day late and a dollar short yoda is. Not to say he's horrible but he's not a high priority unit. Hell i'd imagine any number of people would say that a f2p no name unit that has no business challenging the likes of jedi, GS, is far more desirable.
  • He works well in Arena and GW for me. I'm running a QGJ led Arena team with Yoda, Sid, Lumi, and Old Ben and have been top 5 since adding Yoda in the mix. I use his basic attack for foresight, then battle meditate it to everyone + tenacity to the rest of my team. Since I'm using QGJ as lead Yoda can get this done usually before the opposing team even completes one rotation.
  • I have a 5* lvl70 Yoda (Gear VII) and use him sometimes in GW. If all you tried didn't work, switch Yoda in and he can change the battle if you can manage to get some nice buffs to your team.
  • Ive heard some complaints about yoda, have him 6* and at first i was disappointed to. I considered the future though and when fights start lasting 5 6 or 7 rounds (if they do) Yoda will be beastly.
    So as of now hes decent enough to go after, but in the future i think he will be, what hes supposed to be.
    Thats the fun of this, for me, strategizing; planning; building.
    I have slipped in arena somewhat. Wake up in the 20s, and have some offensive issues. Used to be able to win any fight, and im not sure if its cause i dedicated so much to jedis or the speed meta. Probably a combo of both. Run a QGJ lead but my poe is sitting at 5* (only because of the yoda event). So its a gamble but the returns are good either way.
    I stopped farming Eeth K after 5* and am currently farming barris to get her to 7*
    For the 5* i used QGJ Lumi Mace JediC and Eeth
    For the 6* i used QGJ Lumi Mace JediC and Ahsoka.
    For 7* Mace is being replaced by Barris.
    Id say go for it.. would be nice to know if there will be a 3rd round yoda event for those contemplating as you are.
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Simple answer is no because it will take u probably another 2-3month to get your Jedi to 7* because your mace and jc shared the same cantina farming spot. Yoda even at 7* is very weak.
  • IMHO- he is worth every bit of farming as he is one of the most entrrtaining characters to use, is presently the fastest and can change games. I much prefer using him than Poe for the sheer fun (I understand fun is important in games).
    He is not a top 5 character but in the top 15.
    He is not weak but if resources are tight then go for GS, Rey or QGJ or whoever else you consider as meta.
  • Considering:

1) Lumi is a good character to have at 7*.
    2) JC and Barriss are essential to GW so having them at 7* is not a bad move.
    3) QGJ is awesome.

That means to me that since those are all characters I want to have anyway, that I only need to go out of my way to acquire a single Jedi to 7* to get Yoda to 7*.

In my case the price is the boring Eeth Koth, but an obvious choice to me.
  • Koth is slightly underrated.
    Ahsoka is easy to farm and steals health
  • answer is NO!!

Yoda is fun and ok, you way better off farming Rey or another DPS than a Jedi
  • Koth is slightly underrated.
    Ahsoka is easy to farm and steals health
  • I look at it as unlocking Yoda only means developing 4 of the 5 I would develop anyhow - Lumi, JC, Barriss, QGJ.

Other one is a sacrificial lamb to unlock the little goblin. Additional GW cannon fodder if nothing else.

Do wish I hadn't done so many shards on Mace wishing he would be worth it after being "balanced" as he still doesn't seem very good, but thems the breaks. Eoth is no A lister either and needed to farm for QGJ anyhow, is what I keep rationalizing in my head!
  • H-E-doublehockeysticks NO
  • From what I've seen he doesn't appear to be all that great yet. I'm going to get him to 6 stars and stop there for a bit while I focus on HK47/ig88 in the arena instead of Koth, and Dooku in Cantina.
  • Tuscan21 wrote: »
    Koth is slightly underrated.
    +1 to this, i don't get it why most people hate eeth koth. imo he is a decent toon he has fair health/speed and a reliable stun. he is also one of the easiest toon to gear.
  • IF battles ever got to the point they lasted 6+ rounds then things might change....but I don't forsee battles ever lasting that long. The devs seem perfectly okay with battles being decided on the first stinkin round.
  • Considering:

1) Lumi is a good character to have at 7*.
    2) JC and Barriss are essential to GW so having them at 7* is not a bad move.
    3) QGJ is awesome.

That means to me that since those are all characters I want to have anyway, that I only need to go out of my way to acquire a single Jedi to 7* to get Yoda to 7*.

In my case the price is the boring Eeth Koth, but an obvious choice to me.
    That's my exact thought, too. However, my plan is to get Yoda at 5 during the next event and then work on my arena team before going back to get the Jedi up to 7 stars. That means continuously farming QGJ until he's 7 stars, filling out my Sid (30 shards left to 7 stars) and Han (only 5 stars) before going back to Eeth, and finishing up GS (10 away from 6 stars) before going back to JC and Barriss.

• Yoda also suffers from terrible AI in Arena. Although that's not unique to Yoda.
  • Yoda is absolutely no worth spending all your energy.

but it depends hwat you care about ... if you care about having Yoda, then ofc it is. If you care about having best Arena team and winning GW every time, it's a bad idea.
  • Yoda is like a nervous ball of green. Jumping around doing jack s***. I've never died to him in arena, and he dies like a fly