Ship Omega materials and Hardware Abilites

So, it's been a long while since we got ships. However, they still seem to be not fully finished. I have a few of my ships pretty stong and upgraded, but I can't fully "finish it". The last thing I need are Omega ability mats. However, there is no place to get them, and the only place I have ever seen them is in ship packs to buy when new ones come out. Is there ever going to be a place I can get them?

As for Hardware abilites, it has said coming soon since ships were released. That was 14 months ago. I would like to have a way to get my ships more balanced(health, damage, etc.) but there has been no word on this.

I know there are a lot of other things coming (TLJ, Solo, Seperatists{hopefully}), but from a game feature that came out over a year ago and isn't getting any younger, I would hope that it would be finished by now. I'm sure if this problem affected anything to do with guilds in a big way, it would be fixed. Just hoping to get the most out of what is an awesome addition to the game, sooner rather than later.

Replies

• 'soon' in programming language means RNG(100) years.
  • They could have at least done what they for regular Omegas. Once you reach level 85 and finish all your dailies, you get one Ship Omega marker. They can even toss it in the daily activity prize box!
  • Initially when you tapped on ship omegas then it was displayed where to find them....no locations available but it was said that they are in daily reward box....which was not true...shortly after, this information was removed instead of ship omegas added to price box :-P
    The sound of a TIE Fighter engine was created by combining an elephant bellow and a car driving on wet pavement.
  • Hardware no thanks
    Omega mat thanks but really won't be a significant addition. Most of them are like +5% damage
  • Initially when you tapped on ship omegas then it was displayed where to find them....no locations available but it was said that they are in daily reward box....which was not true...shortly after, this information was removed instead of ship omegas added to price box :-P

That's because they copy/pasted the code from regular omegas, then fixed it. That's how development works: step 1 copy/past. step 2 fix. Profit!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    moved to correct sub forum.

I am hoping ships get some love this year.
  • Ship love would be greatly appreciated. Though I'm not sure about hardware. Gear is the worst part about characters. You can't really gauge how good a toon is without investing a LOT of valuable gear into them. And ships already require well geared pilots to be viable.
    Though I'd probably accept it if it meant we got new starfighters and capital ships.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Hopefully Hardware would be attainable through a ship raid. Or something like G12 in TB.

A ship raid would be amazing right now. Just a plain raid (non heroic) then down the line where there are possibly more ships to pool from a heroic raid.

But there really is no reason to not have a ship raid that can be completed in a few days or a week by a guild