20m Difference between Guilds matched in TW

2Next

Replies

• Next TW our guild will set 1 toon in every territory and doesn't fight. So its easy to get one zeta and we have no trouble.

Cool. Don't be surprised when some of your guildies leave for guilds that prefer to play to win.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • I don't understand that people can't win. All it takes is a little bit of coordination. I'm currently in a 50 man guild with about 52m GP, and each TW we usually get about 30-35 participants. Every TW we have been matched up against guilds with 10 - 20m GP more than us. Out of the 12 or so TWs we've had we have only lost 2 of them. The second TW we lost because we were still trying to find out the best strategy, and the other loss was by literally 10 points. Ever since then, we have had a winning streak and it looks like it won't stop if we keep going by our simple strategy.

If you are in a guild that can't coordinate and is always losing, you need to take a good hard look at yourselves instead of blaming the matchmaking.
    Where is my kitten General Grievous rework at!!??
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Out of the 12 or so TWs we've had we have only lost 2 of them.

This is TW #7.
  • Liath wrote: »
    Out of the 12 or so TWs we've had we have only lost 2 of them.

This is TW #7.

Clearly I haven't been keeping track lol but my earlier points still stand. Coordination is key.
  • 21 million gp gap right now. There’s no way you can convince me that the over/under 6k toon total can make up a gap like that. That doesn’t even make sense considering players with that much gp will generally have more toons over 6k than players with less gp. We also have 48 members signed up to their 50. Good times!
  • hey! In my territory war actually gap of 25M, this is not absolutley fair, there are all meta teams in the territories, I don't think this is fair
  • The best part here is the game seems to assume that one 100k team is the same as two 50k teams. And that is *not* the case at all. Depending on who is used against who, that 100k team might be able to fight 50k teams all day without losing anyone...
  • I’m guessing in the vast majority of these complaints the problem is that there isn’t actually a GP difference. Either you are looking at the wrong guild on SWGOH.gg or that guild recently changed significantly and it hasn’t been reflected on the website yet. With only 2 hours to make roster moves there can be huge guild changes in a very short amount of time right before TW start.
  • prime311
    52 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I’m guessing in the vast majority of these complaints the problem is that there isn’t actually a GP difference. Either you are looking at the wrong guild on SWGOH.gg or that guild recently changed significantly and it hasn’t been reflected on the website yet. With only 2 hours to make roster moves there can be huge guild changes in a very short amount of time right before TW start.

Nope the matching just sucks. Our last tw we matched up against a guild with ~20 million gp more than us. Was 45(us) versus 41, they intentionally excluded all of their low gp players so they would get into a lower bracket. The is no way a 4 player difference accounted for 20m gp, especially considering that they only left out their low gp players. We aren't perfect and have won several tw already, but we didn't stand a chance in this one.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    prime311 wrote: »
    I’m guessing in the vast majority of these complaints the problem is that there isn’t actually a GP difference. Either you are looking at the wrong guild on SWGOH.gg or that guild recently changed significantly and it hasn’t been reflected on the website yet. With only 2 hours to make roster moves there can be huge guild changes in a very short amount of time right before TW start.

Nope the matching just sucks. Our last tw we matched up against a guild with ~20 million gp more than us. Was 45(us) versus 41, they intentionally excluded all of their low gp players so they would get into a lower bracket. We aren't perfect and have won several tw already, but we didn't stand a chance in this one.

It's more than just GP for matching, keep that in mind.
  • Kyno wrote: »

Not sure what you are getting at. I really don't care what they are using to match. I was pointing out that there are a ton of matches that are completely and obviously one sided, so much so that you have virtually no chance of winning, so these stories aren't just made up......sometimes the matchmaking is just really bad.
  • prime311 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

Not sure what you are getting at. I really don't care what they are using to match. I was pointing out that there are a ton of matches that are completely and obviously one sided, so much so that you have virtually no chance of winning, so these stories aren't just made up......sometimes the matchmaking is just really bad.

I'm sure you've had your fair sure of matches where it was your guild that was the much stronger guild when it came to the matchmaking. The odds of guilds always being the weaker guild is slim. That being said, you win some and you lose some. No one gets first place by just showing up.
  • 7/8 of our matches have been against guilds that had a 5-20m Advantage and we have yet to lose a match. It does happen and its unfair. They should just make it so theres a 5m difference limit between guilds.
  • jpierrard17
    172 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    The problem with a match solely based on just active GP is it doesn't account for the difference in top end squads. If you have a guild that is 90 mill and they only get 40 members sign up and an active GP of 72 mill and another guild signs up that is normally 75 mill had 48 sign up for TW for active GP of 72 mill. The discrepancies of squads is going to be pronounced as the members in the 90 mill GP avg. 1.8 mill and most likely have more top end squads vs the other guild that has an avg. of 1.4 mill. It is a huge difference in quality of squads when this happens and even though they are similar active GP will be a huge mismatch. They need to do a first analysis on the avg. of each active participants top 25 toons then match based on active GP. This way you would get guilds where the top end squads are similar and a much fairer matchup. We have only lost once so far and that match up we were a difference of 25 mill. We are only a few months into beating HAAT so most of us have GK 5* only and such where the other guild every member had GK 7* and golden. They were way more advanced guild than we are at that point in time but because they only had 41/42 (based on 21 defensive squads needed) and we had full 50 so we got matched up. Was over pretty quick. This was just another rush job to get more money from the community and not much thought behind the actual event itself. The event itself is great when it isn't crashing as well and the matchups are fair.
  • prime311 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

I'm sure you've had your fair sure of matches where it was your guild that was the much stronger guild when it came to the matchmaking. The odds of guilds always being the weaker guild is slim. That being said, you win some and you lose some. No one gets first place by just showing up.

I'm not complaining. Sometimes the match making sucks, that's just a fact. Whether your the stronger guild or the weaker, it doesn't change the facts. I was only pointing out that this stuff is really happening and it's not just people looking at the wrong guild on swgoh or some other mistaken crap.