Content Update 1/10/2018 [MEGA]

Replies

• Please please please please please, tell me its padme, just not rose, anyone but rose.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Some of you need to chill out. It was the holidays for the developers too. You expected them to come out of a week or so off with 6 new characters

Huh, that didn’t make any sense. Do you think they’d start working on these characters after the movie came out, without advance knowledge?

But you are right, people have forgotten how characters were published after both Rogue One and The Force Awakens.
  • Yet another character released in Marquee events that I will not use for the next 6 months. Can we literally have a character release that becomes immdiately available? My roster literally has loads of 2* & 3* characters that I will never get higher because they were released like this, are blocked behind a paywall or have stupid cadence like NS - Kylo unmasked, Zombie, Spirit, Talzin, FoSFTFP, Ewoks were the same for a while, just really annoys me.

I would actually like to use FOE but I am NOT spending $100+ to get him to 4/5*. And by the time he is released for F2p, I won't care anyway.

SWGoH - TurgonGW
    Guild - Starchoppers - Feel free to help us in the Raids!
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    The "what's ahead" is just a reminder that valentines is coming soon, so you don't forget to get your valentine a gift :)

Some Roses, maybe?

Or just one. But be careful....every Rose has a Thrawn.

Pun limit for the day achieved.

Farmboy Luke you just made my day :blush:
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    How is Rose annoying? I get if you dont like her or her story arc. But more annoying than Jar Jar? Please enlighten me.

Rose stops Finn from sacrificing himself for the people he loves so that she can give him a speech about fighting for the ones you love. Instead of saying, “That’s what I was just doing!” he lets her kiss him despite their total lack of chemistry.
  • How is Rose annoying? I get if you dont like her or her story arc. But more annoying than Jar Jar? Please enlighten me.

yeah I agree I didn't hate her - she was just there - nothing. The only thing that I thought was odd was the kiss at the end - I didn't get the buildup for that at all. I didn't sense a merging chemistry there - felt very forced. Other than that she was just a character in a SW movie I was watching. Jar Jar made me want to set the screen on fire :) That voice and the childishness.

I do fear though that she will be super OP as a character - they're going to ram her down our faces Wiggs / Chaze style. Decent at best characters in the whole SW Universe that will be way better than we'd expect while others rot like hot garbage :)

I agree, and do think she will fit perfectly well with JTR. But someone brought up the possibility of working well with Finn for obvious reasons. Either or she will massively help one resistance leader. Probably as a marquee as well- stun, expose, and something to do with tm manipulation. My buddy @Banth theory crafting a healer for res would be deadly as well.

Thought EA would have learned after the Battlefront fiasco...
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    TurgonGW wrote: »
    Yet another character released in Marquee events that I will not use for the next 6 months. Can we literally have a character release that becomes immdiately available? My roster literally has loads of 2* & 3* characters that I will never get higher because they were released like this, are blocked behind a paywall or have **** cadence like NS - Kylo unmasked, Zombie, Spirit, Talzin, FoSFTFP, Ewoks were the same for a while, just really annoys me.

I would actually like to use FOE but I am NOT spending $100+ to get him to 4/5*. And by the time he is released for F2p, I won't care anyway.

We literally had Starck immediately available. And "were the same for a while" and "for the next 6 months" are literally not the same thing as "I will never get higher."

This is the standard release cadence now. Sorry you don't like it. I find it dramatically better than the old method of releasing something to Chromiums/Aurodiums, sometimes languishing there for a year with no indication of if or when they would ever become farmable.
  • I would like to see a Rian Johnson toon in the game. He could have an ability that starts on cooldown that enables him to single handily destroy any and all Star Wars characters at once.
  • Liath wrote: »
    TurgonGW wrote: »
    Yet another character released in Marquee events that I will not use for the next 6 months. Can we literally have a character release that becomes immdiately available? My roster literally has loads of 2* & 3* characters that I will never get higher because they were released like this, are blocked behind a paywall or have **** cadence like NS - Kylo unmasked, Zombie, Spirit, Talzin, FoSFTFP, Ewoks were the same for a while, just really annoys me.

We literally had Starck immediately available. And "were the same for a while" and "for the next 6 months" are literally not the same thing as "I will never get higher."

This is the standard release cadence now. Sorry you don't like it. I find it dramatically better than the old method of releasing something to Chromiums/Aurodiums, sometimes languishing there for a year with no indication of if or when they would ever become farmable.

Totally agree. I’ll take marquees over the olden days of having absolutely no type of cadence and the terrible tournies. Not cool that it is now 2* unlock with out any word. But I m starting to expect that now. 3 months to wait and have the whales and youtubers pick the toons apart so I don’t have to waste resources on a whim is great. I just don’t think we will see any more toons in arena/gw/cantina stores.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    I did Have Plans to 7 :star: FOE and had it in my budget, but with them only giving him 2 :star: I settle for him at 5 :star: thats what 150-200$ lost income, way to go
    For the whole Rose thing, I really don't get the hatred for it, when was the last time a toon actually represented the movie version, if she's good I welcome her, but if she's another PAO just forget her
    Remember you are playing a game in a game, so toons don't represent the actual Star Wars universe counterparts
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • I saved up yesterdays energy refreshes and used today's, was gonna gear up FOX but then.... I just kinda stopped. I mean right now I have the choice between gearing up CLS or a useless two star toon. This is why I dislike way toons are currently released, it takes TOO LONG in between the characters release and their farm ability. I mean Its been what, a MONTH since KRU and SFTP got released? Still useless to me, and don't even get me started on how you cant get them all to three stars anymore. I hate this P2P way of character releases. Hell I think im starting to hate it more then tournaments. Like, take a look a starck. He was immediately F2P BUT you could pay to level him up. I like that! It gives all of us a level playing field, but you can boost yourself if you like. The way it currently is makes me actually forget about toons, because of how useless they are to you when you get them.
  • I would like to see a Rian Johnson toon in the game. He could have an ability that starts on cooldown that enables him to single handily destroy any and all Star Wars characters at once.

That is actually quite funny. We need a George Lucas toon, too, that has the ability to make really good toons seem exciting until you find out more about their backstory. Also has the ability to turn opposing Wookies into Ewoks. And when facing Han Solo, Solo loses "Shoot First" but if you have Greedo on your team you lose anyway.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    The "what's ahead" is just a reminder that valentines is coming soon, so you don't forget to get your valentine a gift :)

Some Roses, maybe?

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, you win sir....you win. Best thing I've seen all day.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Chagoth wrote: »
    I would like to see a Rian Johnson toon in the game. He could have an ability that starts on cooldown that enables him to single handily destroy any and all Star Wars characters at once.

That is actually quite funny. We need a George Lucas toon, too, that has the ability to make really good toons seem exciting until you find out more about their backstory. Also has the ability to turn opposing Wookies into Ewoks. And when facing Han Solo, Solo loses "Shoot First" but if you have Greedo on your team you lose anyway.

Or, while we are at it, JJ Abrams who can summon reskinned copies of OT characters.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    ddlooping2 wrote: »
    "Holdo(n) to what you love"?

Don't get your hopes up.

Assume the worst. Rose and Paige will be new wedge and Biggs

I will happily target Rose teams just to kill her. Shame she didn’t actually die in the movie.

Who am I kidding? No one is going to use her and she certainly won’t be meta.
  • Rose is the new pivot to the story arc. When Rey saw Rose cuddling up to Finn you could see the jelousy. In Ep9 Rey will walk in on them doing the three handed dangling bantha and in a jelous rage Rey will go to the dark side, hook up with BareAbs Matt and kill everyone in the Resistance/New unimproved Rebel Alliance. Then the daring directors twist that is a must have for any modern movie...Female Commander Shepard will jump through a mass effect gate in the Normandy with Spock as her tactical officer and beam Robocop down to kill Rey and Matt. The end.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Luniz wrote: »
    Adding the FO characters we already got, if we get rose, res bomber, admiral lady, and benicio del Toro we will be on par with rogue 1.

I highly doubt DJ (Benicio Del Toro) would have Resistance Tag. Pure Scoundrel, not Resistance and not FO
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    Psilosin wrote: »
    Rose is the new pivot to the story arc. When Rey saw Rose cuddling up to Finn you could see the jelousy. In Ep9 Rey will walk in on them doing the three handed dangling bantha and in a jelous rage Rey will go to the dark side, hook up with BareAbs Matt and kill everyone in the Resistance/New unimproved Rebel Alliance. Then the daring directors twist that is a must have for any modern movie...Female Commander Shepard will jump through a mass effect gate in the Normandy with Spock as her tactical officer and beam Robocop down to kill Rey and Matt. The end.

You forgot the part where Robocop is defeated by Broom Boy with his new found force powers, and then broom boy takes over the FO and runs the galaxy under strict regime with his symbol of power being the broom with which he conquered the universe.
  • Vertigo wrote: »
    Psilosin wrote: »
    Rose is the new pivot to the story arc. When Rey saw Rose cuddling up to Finn you could see the jelousy. In Ep9 Rey will walk in on them doing the three handed dangling bantha and in a jelous rage Rey will go to the dark side, hook up with BareAbs Matt and kill everyone in the Resistance/New unimproved Rebel Alliance. Then the daring directors twist that is a must have for any modern movie...Female Commander Shepard will jump through a mass effect gate in the Normandy with Spock as her tactical officer and beam Robocop down to kill Rey and Matt. The end.

You forgot the part where Robocop is defeated by Broom Boy with his new found force powers, and then broom boy takes over the FO and runs the galaxy under strict regime with his symbol of power being the broom with which he conquered the universe.

And then Donald Duck wakes up and it was all just a dream...

• Chagoth
    265 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Atlas1 wrote: »

Don't get your hopes up.

I will happily target Rose teams just to kill her. Shame she didn’t actually die in the movie.

If she does somehow become a usable toon in Arena, I say we make a pact to target teams that use her. Send a message: no kitten characters allowed!

What? Oh, right . . . Star Wars. Plenty of kitten characters allowed. I mean Jar Jar, Finn, Padme, Boba Fett . . . there are a lot of kitten Star Wars characters.
    Post edited by Kozispoon on
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Chagoth wrote: »
    Atlas1 wrote: »

Don't get your hopes up.

If she does somehow become a usable toon in Arena, I say we make a pact to target teams that use her. Send a message: no **** characters allowed!

What? Oh, right . . . Star Wars. Plenty of **** characters allowed. I mean Jar Jar, Finn, Padme, Boba Fett . . . there are a lot of **** Star Wars characters.

What's wrong with Boba? Or is he on the list just because of his exceedingly lame defeat?
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    I can't wait until she's released and has a kit that perfectly blends in with Resistance team making them even more viable in arena and has everyone fighting to gear her up
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Varlie wrote: »
    I can't wait until she's released and has a kit that perfectly blends in with Resistance team making them even more viable in arena and has everyone fighting to gear her up

So, you don't like this game and want it dead? Because there will be losses if she is the next meta.
  • is Broom boy harry Potter?
    Lost in the 20th century

Possibly , if he cameo'd sat the end of last Jedi
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Varlie wrote: »

So, you don't like this game and want it dead? Because there will be losses if she is the next meta.

If she is powerful enough to do this, then she is indeed a very worthy addition.

Possibly , if he cameo'd sat the end of last Jedi

It could be Mickey from sorcerers apprentice it is disney after all
    Lost in the 20th century
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Some Roses, maybe?

Farmboy Luke you just made my day :blush:

Seconded. This was beautiful.
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • RandyMarsh wrote: »
    The road ahead is probably going to be something like "fight for what we love" meaning rose lol

Can we just not have rose in this game? I thought she was more annoying than jar jar with her self-righteous one-sided blandness. No character depth at all, just a dumb sheep following the herd that is the resistance.

I really hope she doesn't come to the game. I agree that she's probably the worst character in Star Wars history. I would rather have JarJar than her.
    Am I really the only one who actually liked Rose?