Content Update 1/10/2018 [MEGA]

12345679Next

Replies

• Am I really the only one who actually liked Rose?

I didn't dislike her and she actually grew on me as it went along. The hate here is so wildly out of proportion it should be studied by scientists. The fragility of the fan.

• No, you'renot the only one. However I will note that the character was added as a new treatment to the script due to the horrible chemistry of Rey/Finn. They have a brother sister vibe that apparently wasn't what the execs wanted. So you now have a character (Rose) added to move the story away from Rey/Finn. As plot devices go, it was well played. We see immediate chemistry between Poe and Rey whose respective actors have great chemistry with reach other and we quickly forget that he is twice her age. But who cares. Saying you would do anything other than maximize your gp and arena viability is just silly. If she works well with your other toons you will gear her. I will not vilify anyone for venting their spleen, it's quite entertaining, but please remember we know what you will actually do and we are laughing at you.
  • Guys, if Rose is the character being teased, don't discount her immediately as terrible. If Biggs and Wedge, two characters with a couple minutes of screentime between them, could be the most powerful duo for years, Rose could certainly be OP as hell.
  • Wedge was in every original movie. Taking legends into consideration, he is the cat meow. Biggs was.....well....an extra set of shields. But still. Don't diss wedge. He's the man, and the only reason we got Ewan MacGreggor as the only saving grace in the prequels is his uncle (Dennis Lawson) asked Lucas to have him read for the part. And yes, Lawson played wedge in the original trilogy, because his uncle got him the part. Perfect symmetry.....his uncle was Alec Guiness.
  • RandyMarsh wrote: »
    The road ahead is probably going to be something like "fight for what we love" meaning rose lol

Can we just not have rose in this game? I thought she was more annoying than jar jar with her self-righteous one-sided blandness. No character depth at all, just a dumb sheep following the herd that is the resistance.

I really hope she doesn't come to the game. I agree that she's probably the worst character in Star Wars history. I would rather have JarJar than her.
    Am I really the only one who actually liked Rose?

I liked her but then again I've been asked multiple times to explain why I continue to like Hux even after TLJ so I'm just taking the Rose bashing with a large barrel of salt. I'm basically reading their stance as 'if they're not OT characters or their personal favorite characters, they are terrible and you should feel terrible for liking them'. *shrugs* I'm basically withholding judgement on the next character (whoever it is) until seeing their kit.
  • I like the vice admiral idea. Really need a resistance capital ship. Which then begs for hux and a FO capital ship. Can't wait.
    The road ahead is probably going to be something like "fight for what we love" meaning rose lol

Can we just not have rose in this game? I thought she was more annoying than jar jar with her self-righteous one-sided blandness. No character depth at all, just a dumb sheep following the herd that is the resistance.

I really hope she doesn't come to the game. I agree that she's probably the worst character in Star Wars history. I would rather have JarJar than her.

I liked her but then again I've been asked multiple times to explain why I continue to like Hux even after TLJ so I'm just taking the Rose bashing with a large barrel of salt. I'm basically reading their stance as 'if they're not OT characters or their personal favorite characters, they are terrible and you should feel terrible for liking them'. *shrugs* I'm basically withholding judgement on the next character (whoever it is) until seeing their kit.

I personally didn't like her because she had an inconsistent character and seemed like she just spouted the views of the writer. She started off like a lonely, slightly crazy Resistance hard-liner, then became super friendly and helpful, then became extremely sombre and philosophical. A regular character has changes in their emotions, but her entire character shifted.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    I like her more now that's she's ruined some people's lives who take this all way too seriously.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Trash characters from a trash movie. Can we add some characters from any era but the Carbon Copy Trilogy? I seriously would take Jar Jar at this point.
  • Watch rose being op just to spite the crowd that hated her
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    JKRevan wrote: »
    Watch rose being op just to spite the crowd that hated her

She's sure to have a unique ability to revive Finn if he's defeated while she is still alive
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    JKRevan wrote: »
    Watch rose being op just to spite the crowd that hated her

If she is a meta character, well, no biggie. There are several meta options even now.
    If she is the meta character, I might actually consider quitting. Partly because of returning to the single meta model and partly because of the choice of who it is. But I consider this option pretty unlikely, she will probably be the new Pao and with that I can live.
  • Guys, if Rose is the character being teased, don't discount her immediately as terrible. If Biggs and Wedge, two characters with a couple minutes of screentime between them, could be the most powerful duo for years, Rose could certainly be OP as hell.

Actually Wedge has a bit more than few minuted (if you count Rebels + ROJ) and Biggs had a lot more screen time but it all got cut (meeting Luke on Tatooine at the beginning + more time on the rebel base). :-)
    That being said I totally agree, Rose could be a good surprise and could turn Finn into a beast like teammate, like Wiggs.

Actually Wedge has a bit more than few minuted (if you count Rebels + ROJ) and Biggs had a lot more screen time but it all got cut (meeting Luke on Tatooine at the beginning + more time on the rebel base). :-)
    That being said I totally agree, Rose could be a good surprise and could turn Finn into a beast like teammate, like Wiggs.

In the original, released movies, though, they had very little. Kinda why I was happy when Wedge got introduced into Rebels.
  • Banth
    158 posts Member
    How is Rose annoying? I get if you dont like her or her story arc. But more annoying than Jar Jar? Please enlighten me.

yeah I agree I didn't hate her - she was just there - nothing. The only thing that I thought was odd was the kiss at the end - I didn't get the buildup for that at all. I didn't sense a merging chemistry there - felt very forced. Other than that she was just a character in a SW movie I was watching. Jar Jar made me want to set the screen on fire :) That voice and the childishness.

I do fear though that she will be super OP as a character - they're going to ram her down our faces Wiggs / Chaze style. Decent at best characters in the whole SW Universe that will be way better than we'd expect while others rot like hot garbage :)

I agree, and do think she will fit perfectly well with JTR. But someone brought up the possibility of working well with Finn for obvious reasons. Either or she will massively help one resistance leader. Probably as a marquee as well- stun, expose, and something to do with tm manipulation. My buddy @Banth theory crafting a healer for res would be deadly as well.

And yr buddy Banth is still hoping against hope that one of them won’t be a healer because then they’ll be able to beat NS easy...
  • Is this what you call a game update? That too, first update of the year and coming after TLJ! Thoroughly disappointed, I am.

Yes
  • When is Droopy McCool coming?
  • Rose is great.
    The film is great.
    I've seen it twice. It rocks.
  • Rybotron wrote: »
    Rose is great.
    The film is great.

Amazing. Every word of what you just said... was wrong.
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Hey folks,
    Everyone has their own opinion, likes and dislikes. Please respect this and keep the comments civil.

kgwou52h9lwv.gif
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    docmorbius wrote: »
    Rybotron wrote: »
    Rose is great.
    The film is great.

Amazing. Every word of what you just said... was wrong.

You know for a fact that Rybotron hasn't seen the film twice? Oh, no, you just thought you were being cute by using a quote that doesn't even apply.
  • I cant wait to put rose on my JTR team and destroy all you weasels.
  • .thank you for the updated schedule @CG_Kozispoon @CG_CapGaSP :cookie:
  • Corey5068 wrote: »
    No, you'renot the only one. However I will note that the character was added as a new treatment to the script due to the horrible chemistry of Rey/Finn. They have a brother sister vibe that apparently wasn't what the execs wanted. So you now have a character (Rose) added to move the story away from Rey/Finn. As plot devices go, it was well played. We see immediate chemistry between Poe and Rey whose respective actors have great chemistry with reach other and we quickly forget that he is twice her age. But who cares. Saying you would do anything other than maximize your gp and arena viability is just silly. If she works well with your other toons you will gear her. I will not vilify anyone for venting their spleen, it's quite entertaining, but please remember we know what you will actually do and we are laughing at you.

This is all wrong. If Finn plays it right, he should be able to have both and everyone can be friends. Every legend has a beginning . . .