"Hold on to what you love"

Replies

• TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options
    ^People forget the good stuff so quickly...
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    RandyMarsh wrote: »
    CKRanger11 wrote: »
    I loved the movie and I thought Rose, while not being action-oriented, fit the theme perfectly. Sorry to see that so many didn't like the movie or her. I'm not quite sure it's worthy of such outrage, though.

I think the outrage comes from the linear-ness of this type of game. You sit around a lot waiting on something - it's weeks between releases often and can be more, and then something drops you hate while something you'd like is passed over yet again. Would be nice if we had more options to control the direction of what we could work on. Like I really want a unique for my DV and a zeta on EP. I don't want Rose or Holdo ... or honestly FOE I'd trade for an EP zeta in a heartbeat. Some really disliked Rose in SW, so it's a double-down rage where people are being force-fed stuff they don't like and can't get what they want....and that builds up for a long time. It's just bad timing now because of the controversial TLJ and it's characters and plot and the fact that CG HAS to put these toons out cause Disney. Think if players actually had choices to pick...you can custom-rework GG, you can choose to modify DV, you could put 2 zetas on EP, you could rework BH .... the linear aspect of these games does wear on you. There's no freedom. Devs keep shoving OP metas down our throats too making arena a serious of monotonous hero Journeys. Rose is just the whipping girl here IMO...but it's really people aren't getting what they want - especially the large section of Dark Side users.

+1000. I’m also mad because I’ve had comments deleted that didn’t break forum rules whatsoever. I was stating my opinion and whoever handles deleting comments should not do so if the comment does not break any rules. That’s my opinion and also goes along with the concept of freedom of speech, something that is more important than ever in this day and age.

If you weren't breaking any forum rules there's an excellent chance your comments were caught by the spam filter and not actually deleted by anybody. [I will try to refrain from engaging in an argument about what freedom of speech means.]
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options
    When you post on a corporation's website, they have the right to remove whatever content they want. Freedom of Speech has nothing to do with it.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I think it's tlj luke or leia.
    Yeah it could be rose or holdo too
    but i don't think it's any darkside character. :(

Edit: Or it could be a message to us Darkside lovers. Hold on to what you love(Revan).... Don't let go of hopes too soon! He will be soon released! Just.. hold on!
  • Banth
    158 posts Member
    Options
    Could possibly be black suit Finn.. doesn’t automatically have to be Rose (I really hope it’s not...)
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    When you post on a corporation's website, they have the right to remove whatever content they want. Freedom of Speech has nothing to do with it.
    Yep. The First Ammendment is one of the most-invoked and least-understood. It means the government can't arrest you for what you say. If you're using a privately-owned website like this forum, the owner of the forum has the right to delete or edit you.

Don't like it? Start your own forum. The government won't stop you.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Maxx121312 wrote: »
    Issues with rose in the movie aside (and I have them) it’s kind of awful she gets released before someone more iconic like padme or 3PO. These are mainly non combat types from a screen time perspective and if you include clone wars and some scenes in the prequels padme could in fact hold her own. I get releasing rose to keep the movie train going but then release some more iconic toons with what we believe to be similar combat ability compared to sith/Jedi etc.

I mean rose threw a saddle off some donkey thing! Padme gave birth to the twins!

Solid point. They should've already been in game. Along with Jango.
  • Options
    One thing is certain.. If it's Rose, the forum will go crazy with all the Rose memes.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    RandyMarsh wrote: »
    “Well, golly,” I’m sure glad you’re here to enlighten us illiterate and uncultured savages. Please, lead us to salvation through your wisdom. Glad you’re here to tell us how we need to behave and what to think.
    What are you talking about? The folks I'm dressing down are saying she shouldn't be in the game because they don't want her at all. They're the ones imposing their dumb values on the rest of us. I'm saying let folks have things they want, and if you don't want it you don't have to get it.

You're knocking me for saying how folks should act, but defending folks who are also saying how folks should act. Pick a side.
    Silky wrote: »
    You don’t have to get so triggered that everyone hates Rose other than you. Some of us just like good characters, but you do you.
    I don't care what people like or don't like. I care that these folks are acting like getting a character they don't want is the end of the world. Grow up. You don't need to get her if you don't want, but lots of us do, so quit being wet blankets.
    Silky wrote: »
    Some yes. All no. This guy does this with 90% of his posts. He just insults everyone who doesn’t see things his way.
    Click my name, son. See you're wrong.

This is my side @NicWester
    Stop telling people how to act. If we don’t like a character, we are free to express that. You are entitled to your opinion as well; if you like Rose, good for you! Glad you’re getting what you want! But I, along with much of the player base, am allowed to be upset that several better characters were passed up for a character who, if there was a forum wide poll, would be one of the most unpopular in The Last Jedi! That is literally all I’m trying to say. You’re entitled to your opinion and I’m entitled to mine, but you have no authority to say that we have to accept Rose with smiles and general good cheer as a good addition to the game, just as I have no authority or desire to convince you that Rose sucks. I’m sure we could argue for hours, but I don’t want to spend the energy.
  • Options
    "Hold on to what you love"

Found the Jango connection!

maxresdefault.jpg

I think what you actually found is... the clone helmet connection.
  • Options
    Buddy wrote: »
    2. I actually also liked Bodhi - he’s probably my favourite character from Rogue One. He was just trying to do the right thing and he got **** from every single person he met for it, and he still kept going. His character in the game is a shame because I would have liked to use him more, but one day I’ll work on him. Probably just before Ugnaught

+1.
    I have him G11 and Zeta'd because I like the char. And I still use him in LSTB.
  • Options
    Darth_Bruh wrote: »
    Rose? Thats basically her quote in the movie

No, the line is "save what you love" Holdo n to what you love means something else entirely.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Judging by all the whining, it seems people forgot they were playing an infomercial for a movie....and TV shows...and books.

Didn't you ever find it odd that a free game had no advertising? It IS the advertising.

Chillout. At least it's an advertisement for something Star Wars.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Hey forum police, it’s spelled “amendment”. And as a lawyer, I can tell you that said amendment does not mean the government cannot arrest you for speech. It means you have the right to speak and assemble in public, as long as you do not pose a danger to others or engage in hate speech designed to invoke violence. So if you stand outside the White House and say you want to kill the president, you will get your behind arrested in a hot second.

The 1st amendment has no bearing here as the govt. is not censoring people. CG is censoring people, albeit rather aggressively.
    TVF wrote: »
    Yep. The First Ammendment is one of the most-invoked and least-understood. It means the government can't arrest you for what you say. If you're using a privately-owned website like this forum, the owner of the forum has the right to delete or edit you.

Don't like it? Start your own forum. The government won't stop you.

• Options
    Hey forum police, it’s spelled “amendment”. And as a lawyer, I can tell you that said amendment does not mean the government cannot arrest you for speech. It means you have the right to speak and assemble in public, as long as you do not pose a danger to others or engage in hate speech designed to invoke violence. So if you stand outside the White House and say you want to kill the president, you will get your behind arrested in a hot second.

The 1st amendment has no bearing here as the govt. is not censoring people. CG is censoring people, albeit rather aggressively.

I gotta love the truth.
  • Options
    The truth is I love Jar Jar and I'm not afraid to say it
    Ally code 428-543-243
  • AA86
    102 posts Member
    Options
    If you don't like her - don't get her!
  • Options
    This update is as underwhelming as Rose was in the movie! No QOL updates, no reworks, no popular toons, etc.

I would prefer Jar Jar over Rose anytime.
  • AldaisKaroth
    147 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Didn’t like Rose. If the “what’s next” is referring to her, my only real reasons is “meh.” I wish the devs would add some of the toons that have been requested for a while, but whatever. At least she’d contribute to a second full resistance team.
  • Options
    AA86 wrote: »
    If you don't like her - don't get her!

you know that's not an option :tongue:
  • Options
    Cstone812 wrote: »
    Literally no one wants this.

18 likes , l second this, nobody wants them
  • Options
    Shut up, I want it.

This thread summed up in as few words as possible
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Options
    Holdo - space jump suicide attack - lock enemy flagship's skills and forbid reinforcements...
  • Options

Bump.
  • Options
    On Rose: Honestly, she's one of the least objectionable things about TLJ. That's not exactly saying much as the movie was such a hot mess to begin with (I could probably rant for hours about the bad writing, lack of respect for the characters, and heavy handed preaching), but Rose ultimately added something almost wholesome and sweet -- if forgettable -- to the movie. Sure, her whole story was ultimately useless, and she underminded the Resistance (though I could argue Poe did worse, it should've been him -- and not Finn -- leading the run down that cannon; it was patently obvious that was a suicide run from the beginning, but it's not like a single commander in the entire movie made sound tactical decisions), but as someone said earlier: she kept Finn around and reminded, or taught him, about things worth fighting for. Ultimately: I'm indifferent to Rose being added to SW:GOH, if she's useful or I need her to unlock something down the line, then so be it.

On Holdo: I hated this character so much that I might ultimately turn her into a raid sacrifice toon even if she gets an awesome capital ship. Sure, her kamikaze run was ultimately respectable (which is part of why I was so confused over how they handled the cannon later), but did she have to wait until half of the Resistance transports had been destroyed? Why didn't she trust any of her officers with her plan? Not necessarily Poe, but what about everyone else? He wouldn't have been able to stir up a mutiny had she bothered to trust anyone. Like I said, not a single commander made a sound tactical decision in TLJ.

On Freedom of Speech: Legally, no, a corporation does not necessarily have to respect the right to speak freely, but they should at the very least be transparent about it (hence Kozispoon reminding us all about forum guidelines). Ultimately it's up to the consumer to police corporations and vote with their wallets when they like or do not like something a company is doing, or the values they are or are not upholding. If forum censorship -- or even the character release schedule -- on the forums bothers you so much then simply don't spend anymore money on the game (though maybe the moderators could lighten the hand a bit).
  • Options
    Rose with her little tazer... why not ! She could have synergy with Finn. Ok for Holdo but only if she brings her command ship. Keep them coming ! But don't forget to give us badass toons as well ! And new ships ! (A and Y wings !)
  • Fantasty
    78 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I want my Ben Swolo
    #FreeBenSwole #MakeSWGOHswoleAgain #MSGOHSA

With extra large tiddys pls
  • Options
    Rose... Do I want her ? Probably not.. will I unlock & use her ? I probably will...
    Remember, 7 ATAT's couldn't stop Finn's speeder towards the end of TLJ but Rose managed to!! That'll be her special ability !! Crashing a land speeder into the enemy.
  • xxragnarjsxx
    244 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I don’t even like Rose but....is it worth quitting the game or boycotting a franchise over?
    Post edited by xxragnarjsxx on
This discussion has been closed.